xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Somewhat Crazy Idea To Speedup Pcsxbox  (Read 327 times)

Timerever

• Archived User
Somewhat Crazy Idea To Speedup Pcsxbox
« on: January 06, 2007, 04:14:00 PM »

How about this, instead of waiting for Pete or Nikk to release the source of their plugins (seems like it might never happen), just modify the software plugin to do some hardware acceleration? The ideia would be only to replace the routines that render the basic polygons and their textures with some hardware accelerated ones leaving everything else emulated by software, a sorta of hybrid render plugin and it wouldn't take a full rewrite of the code.
Since most games run at 40 to 50 FPS is doesn't take that much to make them run fullspeed, replacing just the 'simpler' yet more used polygon/texture routines of the plugin with some hardware one would speed it up enough to hit 60 FPS.

I've checked on this but didn't had any sucess because: 1. the file that I think that includes the emulation code isn't documented, 2. I dunno squat about DirectX and 3. my C coding is far from great

Somhow this seems to be a bit too simple and easy to work, I'm prolly missing something important but still worth the check and this subsection of the forum was pretty dead anyway so let's give it some life biggrin.gif