xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sega Cd/neogenesis  (Read 373 times)

Charbs

• Archived User
Sega Cd/neogenesis
« on: September 13, 2005, 09:39:00 AM »

Quick question...why wont my Sega CD ISO run off the hard drive with NeoGenesis. Any Tips?

outpost

• Archived User
Sega Cd/neogenesis
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 10:27:00 AM »

doesn't it have to be a .bin and a .cue not an ISO? or is that pcsxbox im think of? or am i simply just having a nervous breakdown?

This post has been edited by outpost: Sep 13 2005, 05:28 PM

Charbs

• Archived User
Sega Cd/neogenesis
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 12:42:00 PM »

well an iso will run with some other crappy sega emulators. but i want to use NeoGenesis for it. Ive read that other people play them all the time, and im not new to modding or emulators. I just cant understand why my version of NeoGenesis wont run the SegaCD games. sad.gif

Tazmanian

• Archived User
Sega Cd/neogenesis
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2005, 03:56:00 PM »

Same here. I run neogenesis from a dvd (emu + roms). I can play the genesis roms just fine but when I try to load a sega cd game or a 32X game it freezes on the loading screen. Can anyone help me out?

Diontae18

• Archived User
Sega Cd/neogenesis
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2005, 04:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(Tazmanian @ Sep 15 2005, 06:07 PM)
Same here. I run neogenesis from a dvd (emu + roms). I can play the genesis roms just fine but when I try to load a sega cd game or a 32X game it freezes on the loading screen. Can anyone help me out?

I'll help, next time guys try using the search feature.  :boring:

QUOTE(Xport)
Q: Do SegaCD 32x games work?

A: SegaCD games work. 32x games work. Games that utilize both 32x and SegaCD do not.

Q: I get a "Backup RAM cartridge is not initialized" message. How do I initialize the RAM cartridge?

A: At the first SegaCD intro screen, press the A button and access the memory
selection. This is the exact same thing you would do with a real Sega CD system.

Q: Do I have to use a CUE sheet?

A: No. If you run the ISO file, things will work fine also. Making a CUE sheet
is an extra feature that I added to Gens because it results in a more accurate
layout of the audio tracks rather than having Gens make a "best guess" as to the
length of audio tracks from the length of MP3 files. ( When you convert CD-AUDIO
to an MP3 file, the MP3 file is not *exactly* the same length (in seconds) as the
CD-AUDIO data.)

Q: How should SegaCD ISO/MP3 files be named?

A: Read the included documentation

Q: Can I used ZIP'd Sega CD images?

A: No, there is no support for ZIP'd CD images or ZIP'd ISO images. Unzip all your SegaCD files.

Tazmanian

• Archived User
Sega Cd/neogenesis
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2005, 04:22:00 PM »

Thanks but I'm not sure how this helps. What does "Games that utilize both 32x and SegaCD do not" mean? I have the neogenesis amulator on dvd along with genesis, sega cd and 32x games in the right folder. I insert the dvd in the xbox and the emulator loads just fine. Then when I pick any genesis rom it works just fine to. Just sega cd games and 32x games do not, they freeze at the loading screen. They are not zipped or anything... Quite frustrating because I am relatively new to this stuff, I'm sure I could get it to work if I had just a little more info...would realy REALY like to get it to work.

Diontae18

• Archived User
Sega Cd/neogenesis
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2005, 05:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(Tazmanian @ Sep 15 2005, 06:33 PM)
Thanks but I'm not sure how this helps. What does "Games that utilize both 32x and SegaCD do not" mean? I have the neogenesis amulator on dvd along with genesis, sega cd and 32x games in the right folder. I insert the dvd in the xbox and the emulator loads just fine. Then when I pick any genesis rom it works just fine to. Just sega cd games and 32x games do not, they freeze at the loading screen. They are not zipped or anything... Quite frustrating because I am relatively new to this stuff, I'm sure I could get it to work if I had just a little more info...would realy REALY like to get it to work.

Ok, maybe I need to give an explanation of how to get a rom working, preferably a Sega CD iso.

Here goes, In my rom directory, I created a folder apparent to it entitled "(Sega CD)". Now for a game, lets say that the game I have is Lunar: The Silver Star and a bunch of files. I'll create a folder (Unzipped of course) entitled Lunar The Silver Star And Move the files there.

Now It should Look sort of like this.
Sgenroms\(Sega CD)\Lunar The Silver Star\

The files you have inside should look sorta like this
Lunar The Silver Star.iso
Lunar The Silver Star01.mp3
Lunar The Silver Star02.mp3
Lunar The Silver Star03.mp3
Lunar The Silver Star04.mp3
Lunar The Silver Star05.mp3
Lunar The Silver Star06.mp3
Lunar The Silver Star07.mp3
Lunar The Silver Star08.mp3
Lunar The Silver Star09.mp3
Lunar The Silver Star10.mp3
Lunar The Silver Star11.mp3
Lunar The Silver Star12.mp3
Lunar The Silver Star13.mp3
Lunar The Silver Star14.mp3
Lunar The Silver Star15.mp3

etc...

You'll then need to choose the .iso file (It might require you to configure the hardware after it boots) from the the directory to play the game.

:o

Tazmanian

• Archived User
Sega Cd/neogenesis
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2005, 04:58:00 PM »

So far I am doing it exactly how you say. But when I choose the iso it just freezes on the loading screen. What do you mean with "It might require you to configure the hardware after it boots"? It doesnt matter what the folders are exactly named right? For instance, here is how I have it "sgenroms\Sega CD\Night trap\"

Apreciate you trying to help me Diontae!

Tazmanian

• Archived User
Sega Cd/neogenesis
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2005, 05:37:00 PM »

Maybe something to do with bios? Someone told me something like that but didnt give me any real info. And just what do you mean by "It might require you to configure the hardware after it boots"?

Diontae18

• Archived User
Sega Cd/neogenesis
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2005, 06:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(Tazmanian @ Sep 15 2005, 07:09 PM)
So far I am doing it exactly how you say. But when I choose the iso it just freezes on the loading screen. What do you mean with "It might require you to configure the hardware after it boots"? It doesnt matter what the folders are exactly named right? For instance, here is how I have it "sgenroms\Sega CD\Night trap\"

Apreciate you trying to help me Diontae!

Sorry for my awayness  :P

What I mean about configuring the hardware is configuring the actual iso. After it runs and boots the the Sega CD screen, Press one of the buttons (maybe X) to bring up the iso configuring menu and choose Run CD or something like that.

Suggestions?
I don't know if the .iso files should match with the media files, But I'd recommend that you have them match with the same exact name.
Night Trap.iso
Night Trap00.mp3
Night Trap01.mp3
Night Trap02.mp3

etc...

Also, make sure you delete all saves for the iso, Higlight the iso and press the black button to delete them. Do this before configuring it.

P.S. Use a CD Cleaner on the .iso if all else fails (Jokes  :rotfl: )

KamisamaVX

• Archived User
Sega Cd/neogenesis
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2005, 11:21:00 PM »

I have the same problem as the guy who burned them to DVD...  I even made sure the complete pathname + filename wasn't over 42 characters. I.E.

D:\SEGACD\ffight\Final Fight CD.cue    <----35 all together

So that's not the problem.

I actually DID get it to work, though. Seems it will run just fine if I manually select the game from the "SELECT GAME" Menu....

I noticed when they didn't work, they were being loaded from the favorites menu...
Yup... I just tried it again. If I hunt for the CD iso from "SELECT GAME" it loads just fine, but if I pick it from favorites it freezes the emu.

Notice: This problem doesn't happen if I load the emu from the hard drive...

P.S. Um... I'm pretty sure Night Trap is a 32X + CD game.

Tazmanian

• Archived User
Sega Cd/neogenesis
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2005, 04:24:00 AM »

I load them from the "select game" menu and it still freezes on the loading screen sad.gif
Getting pretty hopeless...

So there is no way of ever playing night trap?

Diontae18

• Archived User
Sega Cd/neogenesis
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2005, 08:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(KamisamaVX @ Sep 16 2005, 01:32 AM)
P.S. Um... I'm pretty sure Night Trap is a 32X + CD game.

Well if it is, it's not going to work. I don't have it so I would'nt know. But with all of the suggestions I pointed out, and the suggestion you gave, the others should get a general idea of how to get a sega cd game to run.  ;)

Tazmanian

• Archived User
Sega Cd/neogenesis
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2005, 04:12:00 PM »

Not me, I tried everything you guys said... sad.gif

baller89898

• Archived User
Sega Cd/neogenesis
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2005, 10:38:00 PM »

Check the length of the names of your .iso or whatever. Remember the xbox limits character name length!
Pages: [1] 2