xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: Requests For New Projects  (Read 2026 times)

zero129

• Archived User
Requests For New Projects
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2004, 06:17:00 PM »

QUOTE (madmab @ Sep 17 2004, 07:00 AM)
Looks pretty cool.  But...

No monkeys?  No bananas?

They use Coins, plus if they would of put monkeys in the balls nintendo would of prop closed down the project, saying its its too much like super monky ball, i really do hope Xport will port this.  <

XPort

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2006, 10:58:00 AM »

Updated

Antiriad

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2006, 11:38:00 AM »

Here goes nothing... Super Methane Brothers? Cute platform game. Then again, you can play it via WinUAEx.

alexlexus

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2006, 07:20:00 PM »

xport did you know chankscast( dreamcast emulator) was ported to xbox in early stages?
he might release the scource codes soon and what do you think about porting it. it has already been done but the guy needs help atm and you are the man for the job.

enderandrew

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2006, 10:32:00 PM »

I can't imagine that a Dreamcast emulator will ever run at a decent speed on the Xbox, and I don't care who writes or ports it.

I consider it fairly impressive that a homebrew scene is able to get N64 emulation at decent speeds.  The Dreamcast is considerably more powerful than the N64, and Dreamcast emulation is light years behind N64 emulation.

An actual Dreamcast is cheap to find, and you don't even need a modchip for them.

Kanyero

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2006, 03:36:00 AM »

Openjazz

http://treacle.hewwo...j/download.html

but i think it needs some improvements before it could be ported :S

XPort

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2006, 07:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(Antiriad @ Jul 30 2006, 01:45 PM) *

Here goes nothing... Super Methane Brothers? Cute platform game. Then again, you can play it via WinUAEx.

Exactly - it seems to be the exact same game as the Amiga version - so I don't see there being any point in porting this.

QUOTE(alexlexus @ Jul 31 2006, 09:27 PM) *

xport did you know chankscast( dreamcast emulator) was ported to xbox in early stages?
he might release the scource codes soon and what do you think about porting it. it has already been done but the guy needs help atm and you are the man for the job.

Are you sure you have your facts straight?  AFAIK, the people who actually worked on Chankast did port it to the XBox, and it ran at a decent speed, but they did not release it for the same reason they did not continue development of Chankast in general - they did not like the responses they were getting from the people using it.

QUOTE(Kanyero @ Aug 1 2006, 05:43 AM) *

Openjazz

http://treacle.hewwo.com/jazz/oj/download.html

but i think it needs some improvements before it could be ported :S

Why not just run the real Jazz Jackrabbit in DOSXBox?

foog

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2006, 09:04:00 PM »

Would porting Potator be hard? Its an emulator for the Watara Supervision, an old gameboy esque handheld that had a few gems on it. http://www.zophar.net/wsvision.html the source is on the page.

alg5

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2006, 03:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(foog @ Aug 3 2006, 05:11 AM) *

Would porting Potator be hard? Its an emulator for the Watara Supervision, an old gameboy esque handheld that had a few gems on it. http://www.zophar.net/wsvision.html the source is on the page.

it's a 2 hours work. i have it working without sound, anyway for the sound it use SEAL which makes hard to have sound on xbox...

This post has been edited by alg5: Aug 15 2006, 10:19 AM

mike315

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2006, 09:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(XPort @ Aug 29 2004, 12:44 PM) *

List of Potentials

This is a list of new projects that I may do in the future:

Troubles of Middle Earth - maybe

Falcon's Eye - maybe

Exult - maybe

There's been interest in Nethack( http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=537957 , although zepman wants the orig done lol. )...sooo Falcons Eye would be cool. I mean come on its nethack, its been ported everywhere...why not the xbox lol. still love that game...

Exult has been ported, although I havent played the game through, so im not sure how well it works...

Troubles of Middle Earth....howd I miss this game?? Im downloading to my pc right now. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

But i'd like to see Falcons...errr nevermind I want to see TOME...its dope. Didnt realize it was Angband like...

Q3A-TaNK

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2006, 10:57:00 AM »

What about FM Towns?

http://fmbochs.emuvibes.com/

enderandrew

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2006, 04:43:00 PM »

I've been meaning to grab an FM Towns emulator and play the FM Towns version of Ultima VI.  It looks pretty interesting.

foog

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2006, 07:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(alg5 @ Aug 15 2006, 09:50 AM) *

it's a 2 hours work. i have it working without sound, anyway for the sound it use SEAL which makes hard to have sound on xbox...

2 hours?! damn dude. thats badass. ive never heard of the term SEAL before... explain, peez.

is it possible to do sound?

XaRaNn

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2006, 05:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(enderandrew @ Aug 15 2006, 06:50 PM) *

I've been meaning to grab an FM Towns emulator and play the FM Towns version of Ultima VI.  It looks pretty interesting.

I'll wait for xport's answer, but this seems interesting and a likely candidate for port, since it's nothing more than a set of patches for Bochs, wich xport already ported.

XPort

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2006, 07:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(foog @ Aug 17 2006, 09:07 PM) *

2 hours?! damn dude. thats badass. ive never heard of the term SEAL before... explain, peez.

is it possible to do sound?

Yes, and it's done.  I had actually already ported this (and a few others) that I've been sitting on while trying to sort out some skinning since I cannot get a hold of JRed anymore.

QUOTE(XaRaNn @ Aug 18 2006, 07:21 AM) *

I'll wait for xport's answer, but this seems interesting and a likely candidate for port, since it's nothing more than a set of patches for Bochs, wich xport already ported.

Actually to the contrary - if it is basically a wrapper around Bochs, I'm going to stay as far away from it as possible.  That port gave me the most trouble that I can remember out of everything that I've done.  And it didn't even work very well.  (Well, that's unfair to Bochs.  I should say that it was very accurate (probably moreso than DOSXBox), but horribly slow on the XBox.)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17