xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Neogenesis Current Discussion  (Read 1068 times)

madmab

• Archived User
Neogenesis Current Discussion
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2004, 07:11:00 PM »

Thing is, all this can be done by going into the "controller options" under setup and config the controller the way you want (disconnecting the extraneous stuff you do not like) and then save the configuration.  It will then ask you if you want to change it for "ALL" game configurations, say YES.

Then COPY the controller configuration over to the other 4 controllers.

The only feature worth turning off is the fast forward and that is only on the GBA and PSX emu's because those systems have an R button.

vn souljah

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2004, 03:39:00 AM »

Yes, but it should still be default when installing the emulator, like other ones.

THX

vn souljah

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2004, 09:13:00 AM »

Hi,
How do I make so I skip the "Game Configuration" after selecting a game, where in setup do I disable it ???

It would be nice to skip the "Game Configuration" after you select a game. (Now we have to press B to skip).

THX

vn souljah

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2004, 10:58:00 AM »

I have all the new emulators, I have the version 16, and what is UI options ???

THX

kimota2004

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2004, 01:22:00 PM »

Some of the best options in this improved UI (user interface) are:

720x480 and 720x576 modes in Video Configuration menu (sorts out Screen ratios for PAL TV users ie. no more need to use a hardware filter and keep the whole image on the screen)
option to hide filename extensions (makes menu much tidier)
and the Flicker Filter option (essential as it sharpens the image just beautiful)

At the moment these options are only to be found in his latest releases of Winuaex, xboyadvance, arnoldx and winstonx.  

DaFederal

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2004, 11:59:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

I was wondering if you could possibly have it so I could have some secure way to select 1080i.  
I've tried avalaunch and xbmc as dashboards to start the emulators and since they are in 1080i when the emulator's start up i can't read them.

The screens are garbled (no doubt because the emulator is trying to send a 480i signal) .  Currently I have a printed sheet of paper that tell me the directions to change it to 1080i (e.g.  down, down, x, down, down ........)  sad.gif

I understand you don't want the modes saved after selection, so is there a line you could have someone like me add in the .xml to force 1080i?  Or is that already an option?

Thanks for any reply,
DaFederal

leemoreau

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2004, 06:27:00 AM »

Am I missing something here?  Whenever I load the program it works fine, then I go to select game and I choose a game.  It says Loading, then in the upper left corner it says State 1.  But then nothing happens the screen goes blank and the annoying music keeps playing, it's like it's not even trying to load the game.  Do I have some setting wrong?  Thanks.

kimota2004

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2004, 08:22:00 AM »

First of all you can change the settings in the configuration menu, go to general settings. You should then switch  "Stop BGM before playing game" to yes. The option to auto load your most recent save state is also there.

As for the black screen, it would suggest your games arn't loading correctly, so may I ask what format your games are in (.zip or .bin etc) and what games u are trying to load.

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2004, 10:39:00 PM »

QUOTE (leemoreau @ Sep 27 2004, 08:30 AM)
Am I missing something here?  Whenever I load the program it works fine, then I go to select game and I choose a game.  It says Loading, then in the upper left corner it says State 1.  But then nothing happens the screen goes blank and the annoying music keeps playing, it's like it's not even trying to load the game.  Do I have some setting wrong?  Thanks.

If this happens you should be able to press down on the right controller stick and "exit" out of the game.  

I have found that x-port emu's will lock up on bad ZIP files as well.  So if the xbox is completely locked the 2nd thing I would do is make sure the zip file is not corrupted.

xerxes3rd

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2004, 07:18:00 AM »

First of all, thanks for the great emulators.  Your work is much appreciated.

Secondly, my feature request.  I've always verified my ROMs using Cowering's Good utilities- they work well and provide informative names.  Recently, I've noticed the growing popularity of a tool called GoodMerge.  As described on the author's site:

"GoodMerge is the ultimate space-saving companion tool to Cowering's Good ROM Renamer suite. It takes a ROM image collection (raw or compressed) and a “*Have.txt” file and produces a number of 7Z, RAR, Ace, or Zip archives with all the files associated with a particular game stored in one file."

I've done this to my Genesis ROM collection (using the 7-zip compression method); it saves a lot of space, and helps with the organization of the ROMs.  The obvious downside is that in this state, the ROMs are not accessible using Neogenesis.

My proposal is this: add support for 7-zip files, and have an option to treat each 7-zip file as a directory.  This would provide a clean listing of each title you have, and when a title is selected, would give you a listing of the different variations of the title.

Thank you for your time, Xport.  Again, your work is very much appreciated.

BaddMann

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2004, 01:30:00 PM »

I'm a little confused on how to get the multitap to work in NeoGenesis. I've never actually managed to get the 3rd and 4th controllers to work in the NBA Jam games. Can somebody explain to me how to get this to work?

Thanks in advance
BaddMann

Aergin

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2004, 01:13:00 AM »

I am just wondering if there is any plan to add light gun support.  It would be great to be able to play lethal enforcers for sega cd with it. thanks

NineInchNall

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2004, 09:57:00 PM »

mad.gif I've been futzing around for 12 hours now, and I just can't seem to do it.

All right, let me tell you what's going on.  I have my Sega CD collection right here in front of my Xbox, right?  So I pop in Lunar or Sonic CD, and although the games load and run, any time that the game goes to load a new audio track, the game stutters while loading.  Obviously there is a seek time issue with the Xbox DVD drive and Sega CD discs.  "Well, that's fine," I thought, "I'll just rip the discs to the hard drive."

Boy, what was I thinking?

I've now tried to copy four separate games to CDRWin's cue/bin format.  While it seems that the game is completely ripped to the image, I think there's an issue with Gens/NeoGenesis here.  When I load the image in NeoGenesis and go to the Sega CD cd player/memory manager, the screen tells me that I've loaded a disc that has ONE track.  Huh?  One track?  Lunar has like 52!

Well, that's what happens if I load the *.bin file.  If I load the *.cue file, then the cd player reports the full track list, but cannot access any but the very first track.  In fact, the whole system locks up if I attempt to access tracks 2 and up.

Obviously, this is not a good situation.

Basically, how in the world do you make useable images, and how do you use them? beerchug.gif

NineInchNall

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2004, 10:00:00 PM »

Just as an extra piece of information, I think I had resolved the issue with the Windows version of GenS by installing the ForceASPI layer.  I had the cue/bin files working last year on GenS, so I know it's possible.

I'm just trying to think of fixes.

smokedout

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2004, 04:28:00 PM »

beerchug.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7