xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Neogenesis Current Discussion  (Read 1075 times)

cbrandao

• Archived User
Neogenesis Current Discussion
« on: February 14, 2013, 07:54:00 PM »

Hello!

I am receiving an error like this: "Can not load TOC from CD. Abort" Press B button. When I try to load a burned Sega CD game (DVD), through "Launch inserted CD" item menu selected. I am using NeoGenesis v 1.3 for original X-box. Please, what am i doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Newbie!

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 11:39:00 PM »

The xbox cannot read burned CD's.  You need an original Sega CD games.

SPPV

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 11:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(madmab @ Feb 14 2013, 11:39 PM) View Post

The xbox cannot read burned CD's.  You need an original Sega CD games.

I have ran burned Philips CD-r SEGA CD games using Neov25 Mad blink.gif

I think the issue comes back to the DVD drives as many were utter crap and choke on burned media. I used bin/cue format and burned at 16x using imgburn. All my XBOXs use Philips and Hitachi-LG drives.

XPort

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2004, 11:12:00 AM »

This is the main discussion thread for the most recent version of NeoGenesis.

Use this thread to do any of the following:

Ask a question about NeoGenesis
Report a bug about NeoGenesis
Submit a feature request for NeoGenesis

Do not use this thread to post about projects other than NeoGenesis.
Do not post questions/bug reports/feature requests without first reading the FAQs for NeoGenesis.
Do not ask where these projects can be downloaded.

Rule violators will get one warning. After that, you will be temporarily or permanently banned depending on the situation.  I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but it has taken me a cumulatively long time to write the FAQs for these projects.  If you cannot do me the courtesy of taking the time to read them, then I do not want you posting here.

This thread will be pruned/cleaned periodically.  If you had a question in this thread and it is now gone, then it was either in violation of the rules or your answer can now be found in the FAQs section.

deathx88

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2004, 06:15:00 PM »

this is something that sort of speaks for almost all of your emulators, besides the obvious ones

when you turn on a game genie code you have to exit the game, sometimes this can be annoying, would it be possible to make it so you don't have to exit the rom

or maybe a resest function too, but im sure your tired of hearing that one  tongue.gif

smile.gif  beerchug.gif

Lucied

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2004, 05:27:00 PM »

I complained about the cheat codes, a week or two ago.  Heh ^^;

Anyway, this one has been bothering me for a while.  You say that 32X emulation works.  But a 32X game that I loved back in the day, WWF Raw, doesn't run on NeoGenesis.

Now, it does somewhat run on Gens on Windows XP.  Though you have to reset the 32X processors, then reset the Genesis processor, and it will eventually boot.  There are major graphic glitches and the game will crash.  But it does boot, at least.

I was wondering if it would be possible to somehow build upon the 32X emulation, and maybe find a way to get that game to work?  Maybe it could help other 32X games to work.

An off chance, I know.  But I thought it was worth asking.

Edit:  Instead of going around and flooding the topics, I at least hope that I can make a general request for all the emulators here.
This goes along with the cheat code thing mentioned earlier.

The Windows versions of many of these console emulators have multiple cheat functions.  There are the FCEUltra Debug codes, Pro Action Replay, Game Genie, Gameshark, Code Breaker, and the newer Action Replay.  Among others.  But your emulators typically only support raw hex and one other cheat device.  Except the GBA emulator, which has all but Action Replay v3.
The problem is, some codes are created for a certain device, and not others.  And there are few known ways of converting them.  Certainly nothing that I could do, myself.  So, I was wondering if you could possibly impliment these other devices.  I think GSCentral.com has a resource for the encryption methods for each device.

Another problem is that you have to reset games for code changes, while the Windows versions can toggle on the fly.  Which makes it difficult, if you need to turn off codes for some reason, for a short period of time.

I'm not as much bothered by the lack of reset, though.  I would just rather have the code system improved.  Please?

This post has been edited by Lucied: Sep 1 2004, 12:43 AM

Likklebaer

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2004, 01:23:00 AM »

The recently released Gens Plus seems to have alot of improvements over the original and is being updated regularly. I don't know if the source is available but surely the author is obligated to release it at some point.

XPort

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2004, 05:18:00 AM »

QUOTE (Likklebaer @ Sep 1 2004, 04:26 AM)
The recently released Gens Plus seems to have alot of improvements over the original and is being updated regularly. I don't know if the source is available but surely the author is obligated to release it at some point.

I do not see anything here that would be of use in the XBox version except perhaps the envelope disable option.  However, I don't see how disabling the envelope could possibly result in correct sound emulation.  

Shadowsan

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2004, 07:19:00 PM »

Hi,

Great work so far on Neogenesis,  I now currently spend more time playing megadrive games than any other game on the xbox :D

But, there is one thing that has been _really_ bugging me over the last few days, especially since starting on the sonic series _again_...

It seems as I am playing along I see a weird jitter on the screen, usually in the chequered areas of the screen on levels such as green hill, and most others.

I'd not noticed it until playing sonic, now it is just a thorn in my mind...

Currently i'm using a PAL xbox, and the game is NTSC US, i'm assuming it is the conversion from 60hz to 50hz that is doing it?

Will try to get hold of a euro copy of the game to confirm this theory.

Is this a known bug or problem, and if so... if you would ever like someone with a PAL system to test things i'd be more than willing to (any excuse to play sonic, hehe)

Cheers

Shadowsan

Shadowsan

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2004, 07:51:00 PM »

Ok, after a littler tinkering around... i've managed to work it out.

Firstly, what I said about ntsc conversion seems to be the case, as I picked up another copy and told it to run in euro mode = no jitter.

But, I have found another interesting tidbit of info too...

It seems quite a lot of roms out there are region unlocked, i.e. Jap/USA/Euro compatible. This seems to trip up neogenesis, to the point that it seems to automatically run multi region roms in ntsc, regardless UNLESS you tell it to run it in euro via the game config menu.

And now, onto a request for this specific problem...

Why not have a menu option to select default mode for running games if there is no configuration setup for it already? i.e. all you have to do is select euro mode then if there is no config available simply defaults to euro...

That way at least when people see jitters they will know exactly why, and if they have the time can go look elsewhere for a home region game smile.gif

Just a thought, i'm sure i'll have others as I keep playing.

Shadowsan

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2004, 05:58:00 AM »

Just a tip... in a SESSION of neogenesis..  Whatever settings you pick for one game will carry over into the next game (if it does not already have settings).  So you can use this to your advantage.

If you start a new session, pick first a game that is already set-up with euro as default, then exit and start the new one.

Just a tip to make things easier in the meantime.

smokedout

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2004, 09:42:00 AM »

xport,great job on neogenesis. i have a few 32x cd games i found around town at different pawn shops.will neogenesis ever be able to play them??? beerchug.gif

smitty80

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2004, 11:21:00 AM »

I have a debug kit and I have been trying to launch NeoGenesis with no luck.  I keep getting the message "An error occurred loading an Xbox executable".  Any idea what's up?  I've gotten this message with almost every emulator I've tried so far except for MAMEoX.  Thanks!

vn souljah

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2004, 06:21:00 PM »

Hi,

1. It would be nice to skip the "Game Configuration" after you select a game. (Now we have to press B to skip).

2. The screenshot button (Black I think) shouldn't be on the control, It should be on a menu after you push the right stick.

3. Why can't I use all the buttons, most of the games I have tested I can't jump or shoot, only 2 buttons works and rest of them is nothing except screenshot and speed and menu.
The control should be default on blue (punch or so), green (jump) and red (kick or bomb..) on every game, it takes too long to change the config buttons and test which one is to what.

The # 1 & 2 things have been improved in those newest emulators to xbox.

I have some lil cousins and they dont' know so much about the menus and so on, everytime they select a game they think the "green button" is to go skip the "Game Configuration".
And they don't know all the buttons so they are testing, they are pressing screenshots at least 1000x everytimes they are playing.

THX alot

Shadowsan

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2004, 06:34:00 PM »

Good point well made - seems that some of the defaults for controller config are questionable at best - I had to disable all the wonderous extra features of the controller to prevent me taking screenshots by accident and also to prevent me changing the graphics filter... playing world cup italia 90 with a stick rocks, but when you tense up and press the thumbstick it does funky things to your end scoreline wink.gif

Would be nice if extra features were placed in the right thumbstick menus more instead of keypress combos etc.

Also an option for disabling checksums on roms would be nice - many a time i've tried to enable game genie codes and get the good ol' red screen of fury... would be nice if checksum check could be bypassed or faked to allow cheaters like me (only on super hang on to get the super bike!) the chance to do things they didn't have the time and patience to do when they were younger.... biggrin.gif

Like I said, i'll keep playing and suggesting wink.gif

Shadowsan
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7