xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Error 21 After Enabling Widescreen  (Read 559 times)

Patrick Moore

• Archived User
Error 21 After Enabling Widescreen
« on: February 21, 2005, 08:07:00 AM »

Hi,

I'm not sure if I have this in the right forum, but as other people seem to have had the a similar problem I thought that I would try here first.

After changing my Xbox region from NTSC/J (yes it was a Japanese Xbox) via to NTSC/U and to PAL I was unable to boot either Avalaunch (error message: the Stuck on Avalaunch loading screen) or XBMC (error message: Stuck on black screen) or the xbox dash (error message: Error 21).

After a bit of fiddling with boot disks I was able to migrate to Evox, and then I was able to run configmagic. After restoring my EEPROM (luckly I had a backup) I could then rerun XBMC or the xbox dash, but if I tried to enable widescreen via the xbox dash it would crash to a black screen with a loud buzzing noise. I'd also provoke a crash with a black screen in XBMC if I tried switching the video mode, or if I tried to boot various games.

The weird thing is that I can run the evox dashboard at 480p (which is widescreen).

Things I've tried:

1) Restore EEPROM from backup - fixes Error 21 but does not allow Widescreen
2) Change the Xbox region to NTSC/J, NTSC/U and PAL using enignma

I really want to get this fixed so I can run XBMC at 480p, any help would be gratefully recieved.

JayDee

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 05:08:00 AM »

Please clarify..

XBMP or XBMC....

This is the XBMP forum, yet you talk about XBMC... Have you go the two mixed up?

Patrick Moore

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 03:32:00 AM »

It is definatley version 1.1 of XBMC that I am running.

Appologies for getting the incorrect forum, but my problem is as per the one in the sticky, and I managed to fix the inital problem but I now cannot select widescreen in the xbox dash :(