xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Video Menu / Video Resoution  (Read 1006 times)

Slav

• Archived User
Video Menu / Video Resoution
« on: May 05, 2008, 12:45:00 AM »

Hi,

I was wondering if someone can explain to me 2 things.....

1.  How come since I installed a new version on XBMC and now go to the video section all it has is

"Add Source"

Long time ago it used to have all the driver listed and other stuff, now there is nothing,even if I import user data folder. ? Or is this now normal thing?

2.  Why is it that even though the Xbox has widescreen and higher video options enabled in the XBMC int he video settings I cannot choose any of the options likw the 720 or the 1080 etc?

Thanks Slav

Stefan Leroux

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 11:12:00 AM »

For your video sources, XBMC was changed so that it no longer automatically adds your drives, and you have to add them yourself if you want them.  If you copied sources.xml from an old build into this one then it should work to give you all your old stuff, although I can't guarantee as I don't know all the changes made.  If not just readd.

The widescreen is often seen as a common probalem, although its very simple (I was here asking about it a couple months ago, but nobody likes to answer if the answer is glaringly easy to find.  The widescreen settings are not completely controlled by XBMC.  They will only become available if widescreen is eneabled in the MSDash.  You'll need to boot to it, enable widescreen on there, and then enabled it in XBMC settings.

smokyjoe

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 06:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(Slav @ May 5 2008, 05:45 PM) *

int he video settings I cannot choose any of the options likw the 720 or the 1080 etc?

You need a HD AV adapter to enable 720p/1080i. Those resolutions will not run on standard composite cables.

rorrie

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 09:23:00 AM »

what if XBMC is my main dash?

evilkorn

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 10:47:00 AM »

Then you just have to run the xbox dash xbe like a normal application, reboot and your back to xbmc.