xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can I Add Codecs  (Read 786 times)

GLiTcH

• Archived User
Can I Add Codecs
« on: April 24, 2008, 10:40:00 PM »

recently i've noticed my naruto n bleach videos dont run as smooth as they used to.. found this at db's site.

Dattebayo to Change Bleach Format [UPDATED]
2008/04/24

Dattebayo is announcing today that Bleach is changing to the same video format as Naruto, which is H264 in an AVI container, in widescreen. It will have the same resolution as the Naruto releases.

Dattebayo has also completed testing for the minimum computer requirements in order to play the new releases. The playback baseline is a Pentium 3 laptop at 750mhz. If your system meets this spec, it can play our releases.

The particular system tested was a Toshiba Portege 2000, with 384mb of RAM running Windows XP SP2. In this configuration, playback of Naruto 55 required 60-80% of system resources, with no delays or slowdowns. The playback was done in Windows Media Player 9. The H264 decoder used was CoreAVC's "Standard Edition" available for 8$ from this site. If you choose this option rather than the free players recommended on the howto page, make sure you remove all other decoders after installing CoreAVC.

By Dattebayo's calculations, the change in format will make approximately 1.2% of users using the lowest end PCs experience lag during playback. If you have a PC that is slower than 750mhz, please upgrade. 800mhz and faster computers are commonly disposed of by corporations, and may be available for no charge from recycling centers.

If you are able to successfully get the episode to play on a slower system than 750mhz without re-encoding and in full speed, send us feedback and let us know. How low can you go?

they seem to run better if i set the video to run as dvdplayer instead of mplayer. so if i install that app CoreAVC, can i send the codecs to my xbmc.

heres the website if yall need more info
http://www.coreavc.com/index.php?option=co...ge&Itemid=1

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Can I Add Codecs
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 09:49:00 PM »

You can't just install coreavc its meant for windows
also note that they sau th min specs are 750mhx cpu and 384mb ram
the xbox is 700mhz and 64mb ram