xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Xbmc For Xbox - April 21st 2008 Svn Rev12746 Build *repack*  (Read 2800 times)

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Xbmc For Xbox - April 21st 2008 Svn Rev12746 Build *repack*
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2008, 06:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(Bloodfin @ Apr 22 2008, 10:05 AM) View Post

Yes thank you that is one I was refering to. I saw it explained as a juke box style thats all.
I also am used to it being in Artists as I usually select what I wanna listen to by the Artist them self.
I also had no original intentions on offending anyone.

Thank you! And is it in any way possible to get it back into the Artist view?

See now if you just said that to start with all this could of been avoided  smile.gif  I can agree that having in the artist section is a good idea

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2008, 06:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(Nive @ Apr 22 2008, 12:59 AM) View Post

Can anybody please tell my what "fake episode maker tool" is meaning?  unsure.gif

Its just a tool for the devs to test the scrapers by making a bunch of fake files to use to scrape info
Nothing for you guys to worry about

Cimlite

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2008, 07:36:00 PM »

Thanks for the build, appreciated as always.

Just one little question.
The minimum fan speed setting. It's set to 10% now where as before it went down to 2%. Is this just a visual thing or does it actually spin faster? I think it sounds more... but then again, could just also be my imagination.

Kieeps

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2008, 07:17:00 PM »

When the T3ch Upgrader try to download it try with the file XBMC-SVN_2008-04-20_rev12746-T3CH-REPACK.rar ...but thats to long for the xbox so...can you shorten it? find it way easyer to use the upgrader then doin it manualy smile.gif

Bloodfin

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2008, 07:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Apr 21 2008, 08:36 PM) View Post

See now if you just said that to start with all this could of been avoided  smile.gif  I can agree that having in the artist section is a good idea

Thanks, I agree but I really didnt mind it that much. I didnt expect it to get blown all up.

You see when it was set to Artist the thumbs at the top were actually images of the band members and then when I selected the band I wanted to listen to it had the album covers. I thought it was cool and was excited about it when I set it up and I wish I could do it again. If I can do it myself I would like to know how but if not like I said it is something so simple that I could live without it.

Now I cant get the thumbs to work.

I have a huge hard drive on my P and have 100% flawless capability of networking with Vista so I just get what I want online LEGALY and share it via workgroup. I have all my music in a specific folder and in that folder I have a folder for the artist thumbs. When I select a thumb I just select it via workgroup so I can save space on my XBOX HDD and not have to upgrade. I have been doin it like this since I started and now it dont let me. When I select a thumb it takes me to the library and the thumb does not show up.

I have not changed anything at all in my PC and in my XBOX plus when I select the spot that the thumbs are at I can view all of them but the step after that just dont work so nothing seems to have changed.

WermX

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2008, 07:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(Kieeps @ Apr 21 2008, 06:53 PM) View Post

When the T3ch Upgrader try to download it try with the file XBMC-SVN_2008-04-20_rev12746-T3CH-REPACK.rar ...but thats to long for the xbox so...can you shorten it? find it way easyer to use the upgrader then doin it manualy smile.gif

So you want him to upload it again? yeah right dude. Quit being lazy. I smoke weed and I'm not even that lazy.

Tech is so awesome! thank you very much man.

mcatrage

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2008, 08:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(Kieeps @ Apr 21 2008, 09:53 PM) View Post

Download rar from site ftp rar to e/apps/ (auto rename) use t3ch upgrader as normal it'll say extract blah.rar from local.

kurai-kaze

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2008, 08:21:00 PM »

Hi guys - thanks once more to all involved for continuing updates  biggrin.gif

Firstly - the Last.FM problem was at their end, not in XBMC.  They had problems at their datacentre over the weekend and large lumps of site functionality were broken or working at reduced capacity.
It's (mostly) back to normal now, and scrobbling updates from XBMC are working fine.

Secondly - re 2008-04-06  12546  fixed: refresh album/artist info didnt work in reference to problem from April 06th 2008 Svn Rev12544 Build :-
QUOTE(kurai-kaze @ Apr 7 2008, 05:47 PM) View Post

I can't seem to manually correct info for artists that were wrongly identified. (automatically or manually scraped)
i.e. auto-scan selects first entry found (expected behaviour), but when I go to Artist Info view and Refresh to re-scrape and re-select from possible alternates (as in Video scraping) I just get a refresh of the existing wrong artist ID.
If I manually scrape an individual artist on a `clean` library/DB (i.e. not Artist Info scraped before) I get the expected selection popup, but once selection (auto or manual) has been made it can't be changed.
Should I be deleting the incorrect Artist entry from library somewhere, and doing a manual content re-scan and manual Info scrape once re-discovered ?

QUOTE(spiff @ Apr 7 2008, 06:03 PM) View Post

is already fixed in svn - it was certainly a bug.
rev 12545, merged to trunk @ 12546

The Artists Info refresh/re-select works fine now, but is still broken for Album Info in the same manner described above.

Thirdly - On a related note ... the automatic selection of an album's ID seems to be behaving very strangely, and getting some pretty innaccurate results.

[EDIT] Ok - deleted a big chunk of speculation about why so many incorrect album IDs were being selected, because I think I've discovered the real issue  cool.gif

It appears that the scraper regex is matching the first Album ID result (in order of relevance) that doesn't have a "Listen Now !" option in the album listing.

When this Listen Now option is available an extra column entry is added with the album ID and "~R" appended.

e.g. If you look at the results for OK Computer by Radiohead - The most relevant result row has the Listen Now and the plain album ID [i.e. hbfqxquhld6e~R and hbfqxquhld6e].
The scraper picks instead the next result from a row with only the plain ID [i.e. fcfwxzqgldke which is `Okay Computer` from someone called `Robby Roadsteamer`]

If the album name in question has a lot of results that have Listen Now options then you can end up with a selection that is very far down the relevance scale indeed  blink.gif

I've looked at about 20 or so album titles and in each case the above seems to hold true.

Hopefully it's just a case of tweaking the regex in the scraper XML to ignore the ~R.
(I had a look myself, but my regex skills aren't nearly good enough to prevent my brain melting and dribbling out my ears when I tried putting together some test expressions wink.gif)

computerquip

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2008, 08:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(jaredharley @ Apr 21 2008, 01:52 AM) View Post

Nope, not a bug - check your sources.xml file, and remove the entries in the File Manager section. XBMC has been updated with auto-detection of mounted drives, so it's listing what it detected, and then what the source file says to show. This "problem" has been around for quite a while.

>.< Uhh...I can't tell if what I submitted was a big or not now......

So T3CH only compiles the source that XBMC gives out and then uploads it to redistribute it? Well, once I get cable, I could probably do that every time a new update comes out. But good job T3CH because I'm too lazy to put forth that much effort :].

I have another question:
Is there a to do list anywhere?

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2008, 10:34:00 PM »

repack working well, thanks again...

amazing software...

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2008, 10:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(kurai-kaze @ Apr 22 2008, 12:57 PM) View Post

Hi guys - thanks once more to all involved for continuing updates  biggrin.gif

Firstly - the Last.FM problem was at their end, not in XBMC.  They had problems at their datacentre over the weekend and large lumps of site functionality were broken or working at reduced capacity.
It's (mostly) back to normal now, and scrobbling updates from XBMC are working fine.
Secondly - re 2008-04-06  12546  fixed: refresh album/artist info didnt work in reference to problem from April 06th 2008 Svn Rev12544 Build :-
The Artists Info refresh/re-select works fine now, but is still broken for Album Info in the same manner described above.
Thirdly - On a related note ... the automatic selection of an album's ID seems to be behaving very strangely, and getting some pretty innaccurate results.

[EDIT] Ok - deleted a big chunk of speculation about why so many incorrect album IDs were being selected, because I think I've discovered the real issue  cool.gif

It appears that the scraper regex is matching the first Album ID result (in order of relevance) that doesn't have a "Listen Now !" option in the album listing.

When this Listen Now option is available an extra column entry is added with the album ID and "~R" appended.

e.g. If you look at the results for OK Computer by Radiohead - The most relevant result row has the Listen Now and the plain album ID [i.e. hbfqxquhld6e~R and hbfqxquhld6e].
The scraper picks instead the next result from a row with only the plain ID [i.e. fcfwxzqgldke which is `Okay Computer` from someone called `Robby Roadsteamer`]

If the album name in question has a lot of results that have Listen Now options then you can end up with a selection that is very far down the relevance scale indeed  blink.gif

I've looked at about 20 or so album titles and in each case the above seems to hold true.

Hopefully it's just a case of tweaking the regex in the scraper XML to ignore the ~R.
(I had a look myself, but my regex skills aren't nearly good enough to prevent my brain melting and dribbling out my ears when I tried putting together some test expressions wink.gif)

See now thats what I'm talking about what a great post hope its actually true because I get the same issues with very poor results for album info

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2008, 11:35:00 PM »

I smoke weed and I'm not even that lazy.

Hehe, that was funny.  smile.gif

Thank you T3CH!

jmarshall

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2008, 11:47:00 PM »

kurai-kaze:

Extremely good detective work.  You are the type of user that makes it a joy to develop software for.

Here's my hacked attempt at a fix - I'm not sure whether it handles all cases or not:

http://xbmc.svn.sour...ic.xml?view=log

Please test it out and let us know how it works.  An alternative to the [0-9:a-z]*" test is probably testing for [^"~]*", but this works for OK computer at least!

After a quick break to reassemble my brain after the regexp stuff, I'll take a look at the album info refresh issue.

Cheers,
Jonathan

jmarshall

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2008, 12:51:00 AM »

Album info (and artist info - you couldn't refresh on first lookup, only on subsequent lookups) refreshing is now fixed as well, in revision 12770.  Thanks again.

Cheers,
Jonathan

PGNX

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2008, 02:27:00 AM »

Sorry for my noob question, but where is the link to download it?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5