xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbmc Not Booting  (Read 79 times)

revans00

• Archived User
Xbmc Not Booting
« on: December 12, 2007, 09:37:00 PM »

Hey there I just upgraded to the latest t3ch build (2007-12-09) and when I boot it doesn't work.
I installed XBMC as a dashboard the same way I have done it several times before. When I turn the xbox on though it does the flubber animation then flashes the t3ch graphic very quickly and then shows a black screen. I recently have been getting error 7 (hdd timeout) VERY occassionally, so maybe that has something to do with it? Thanks in advance for any input, cheers.

By the way although this is my first post I am not a total newbie (I think?) and I have gotten by previously by reading posts and searching and have successfully upgraded XBMC multiple times before.
Again, thanks for taking a look.

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
Xbmc Not Booting
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 12:11:00 AM »

Hold white + Y on startup. Assuming you've updated in the last year or so, this should give you FTP access.

Once you've got that you can grab a copy of the log to see what the problem is. It'd probably be easier just to recopy XBMC however.

revans00

• Archived User
Xbmc Not Booting
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 06:03:00 PM »

cheers bomb bloke, recopying everything got it going. I think it was something to do with PM3 not transferring properly. Thanks for advice