xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tried Installing A New Xbmc And Now It Doesn't Load Past The Xbox  (Read 272 times)

moosenoz

• Archived User
Tried Installing A New Xbmc And Now It Doesn't Load Past The Xbox
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2007, 04:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(competes2win @ Nov 9 2007, 03:38 AM) *

if you used one of the short cuts to get xbmc as your dash than you don't have to do anything, just install the xbmc in the same place it was.

thanks for your answer.  i installed xbmc as my dash by following the instructions found on the wiki
CODE
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index.php?title=As_a_Dashboard

competes2win

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2007, 11:24:00 AM »

so ya, you used a short cut and don't need to do anything exept install the new version in the same place as the old.

-89-

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2007, 02:58:00 PM »

Still needing somebody to help me out... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

JSP62

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2007, 03:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(-89- @ Nov 9 2007, 04:58 PM) View Post

Still needing somebody to help me out... sad.gif

You posted on another site (http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/forum/showthread.php?p=156919&posted=1#post156919)

I have the same problem too.  Check your posting on this site and look click the link.
See if your getting the same error as me.  Hopefully you know a little about coding.  See how xbmc is trying to access .xml files in the Project Mayhem III folder.

Are you getting the error?

-89-

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2007, 05:09:00 PM »

No error.

Screen just sticks at the Xbox Logo screen with the Xecuter2 logo below.

XBMC acted as my dashboard via the shortcut method.

This post has been edited by -89-: Nov 10 2007, 01:17 AM

-89-

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2007, 01:23:00 PM »

Nothing ever worked, I have been constantly trying stuff since this thread.

The X2 Bios does not load when holding the clear button in Port 1.
No error code ever pops up, it just sticks at the XBOX screen as it looks for xbmc.xbe

No error code pops up, so I can't hotswap the drive.

WHAT CAN I DO AT THIS POINT??? Is there anybody I can send this off to?  Otherwise I just lost 300GB of data I've been working on for the past 3 years. sad.gif

stevenpiper16

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2007, 03:40:00 PM »

Could be a lot of things...  Try booting with the drive open. You press the power button and then immediately press the tray button. If you had an old Unleash X, Avalaunch, etc. boot program then it may boot to that. I've found a lot of softmodded xbox's that booted using the softmod, loaded a dash, and then booted to XBMC making the dash hidden unless you were to boot with the drive open..

Hard drive could be toast if it just keeps making that clicking sound. Had that happen several times. If the drive is locked it's locked unless you can pull the drive key from the box. You'd be looking at installing a modchip since apparently it doesn't have one or trying to find a way to softmod your box. If it's not so much as booting a disk though, you got rid of more than just XBMC's xbe. If you have a disk in the drive it will boot to disk before it searches for an xbe on the harddrive.

Couple of things to keep in mind though is that if you aren't getting an error code, it's not a drive issue. If you see logo's and things, it's not an eeprom issue. That just gives you a red ring. Pull the box apart, get the dvd drive and harddrive out of the way and look for a modchip. If you don't see one and it's not giving you a known issue, you either haven't explained everything correctly, are missing something by saying it's "freezing" rather than "it goes to a black screen", or you need to go buy a lottery ticket because must have crazy luck to be able to have an error or issue that nobody ever in the history of an xbox has had.

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2007, 06:50:00 PM »

QUOTE('stevenpiper16')
If it's not so much as booting a disk though, you got rid of more than just XBMC's xbe. If you have a disk in the drive it will boot to disk before it searches for an xbe on the harddrive.

Unless the BIOS is configured specifically not to do that.

QUOTE(-89- @ Dec 1 2007, 07:59 AM) View Post
No error code pops up, so I can't hotswap the drive.

You're not supposed to wait for the error code. By then the drive has been relocked (as I understand it).

If you're really not happy about your hotswapping abilities build an EEPROM reader. Took me an hour and $10, so it's not that hard.

Though the drive may not be locked at all. In a flashed/chipped console it doesn't have to be, so if you're not sure just try shoving it in a PC and have Xplorer360 take a look at it. As mentioned, non-stock drives usually aren't locked and so do not require hotswapping/EEPROMs anyway.

Given that your console won't boot from disc and can't be load a file manager/FTP server of some sort, your options are:

1) Booting with the tray open. Worth a shot.

2) Steal a DVD drive from someone else's X-Box and try it in yours. You might be able to get that EvoX boot disc working this way, assuming your BIOS doesn't have the DVD boot disabled entirely.

3) Use Qwix to create a bootable EvoX disc, but rename "default.xbe" to "rescue.xbe". This is what your BIOS is supposed to try to load when it can't find a dash on the HDD, EVEN IF DVD booting is disabled. I doubt this'll work as I still say you didn't delete XBMC's "default.xbe" (so the BIOS thinks the dashboard is fine), but for the sake of completeness...

4) Take the HDD out and put it in a PC. If the drive turns out to be locked, either hotswap or build the EEPROM reader.

5) Take the HDD out and put it in another X-Box which is chipped or flashed, but running some BIOS other then X2 5000+. Should be able to boot from the DVD drive then (assuming the drive isn't locked).

6) Install a modchip and flash it with a BIOS other then X2 5000+.
Pages: 1 [2]