xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: From: Houston Mods  (Read 84 times)

bluebear

• Archived User
« on: February 13, 2005, 12:25:00 AM »

I got my box modded by Buzzjockey and he did an excellent job.  he was upfront and honest about everything -- things i did not know about, he took the time to explain.  last night he had an hour to spare so when i came back it was ready to go, totally professional,  very nice guy.  electronics and computer whiz.  he is worthy of getting your box modded by him.   i give him an A++

thanks Buzz !  

<

negativebox

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 09:51:00 PM »

negative experience with modded 1.6 xbox and 2.6 CE chip.  through email correspondence he told me he could have me setup and have the evox bios for 1.6 on there as long as it had flash bios 3.03.  i told him it did have 3.03 and indeed it did.  he told me the first night i went there that it would be ready in about 30-45 minutes.  i come back.  he's "finished" i come home.  the CDRW he gave me with slayers "2.7 beta???" was all scratched up and would not copy m$dash to c: drive.  i had to buy a pack of imation cdrw's the next day and burn the slayers 2.6 latest iso (i believe thats what he calls 2.7 beta) and after some troubleshooting i found out my pioneer 16x burner would not burn CDRW adequately but a standard burner would in order for it to read.  he himself told me the reason it was defaulting to the m$dash once i finally could put it on there was because he didn't know it used a 512k bios.  when i gave him my system to fix up i gave him a disk with evtools and the m8plus bios (evox bios for 1.6/b xboxes) and told him he needed that so it would show one F drive as i requested for my backups.  i literally told him what to do.  it wasn't until the 3rd day of coming over there (the second day i could not wait for him to work was told to come back tomorrow it would be ready at 11:00 then 12pm then 2pm then finally later in the day he said come on over it'll be ready.  it wasn't and i had to wait a long time.  i made him a trade for 25 ritek dvd-r's and 7 scratchless CDRW's (his were all messed up).  if he could get a dash to boot from it.  somehow while i was gone he either used flash bios on bank 2 to flash bank 1 and he put a m8plus bios (he has bunches of them -- there is only one multi bios on the usual place for m8plus.  so i waited and waited and still having problems.  i had driven there 1.5 hours away for 3 days.  spent a tank of gas driving two and from his house.  bought him some cigarettes, bought pizza for all of us, bought his wife some coffee and despite the trade out of the kindness of my heart i told him you get it setup working great stocked full of multiple dashes i'll pay you $35 (he uses a autoinstaller disc to do this) so i paid him on top of the $60 for 1.6 mod and drop a hard drive in.  over the phone we had been discussing the CDRW readability issues and my memory does not fail me he told me he usually charges $15-$20 for a tweaked xbox dvdrom.  he ended up having to and ironically the disc he burned me that was supposed to set me up with all the stuff he should have had on there by the end of the night wouldn't boot.  fine.  bad tweak or bad thompson.  i know thompons suck.  its new though.  i gave his wife a $30+ silver chain that she seems to like alot because i could not fit my cross and medals on it.  and that $35 that i sent him i told him i'm sending you this to insure an incentive to do a top notch job.  while at his house he had been telling me about money problems so i paypaled him $20 as a gift.  a free gift because he had been really low on cash.  after 3 visits to his home i finally get a m8plus bios that allocates all space to F: but when i get home to launch any app i get a "loading.." screen and it freezes.  i fixed that myself here today, easily.  he sent me several very lengthy emails which i skimmed through because i had been there that sunday watching him work.  he also failed to setup evox with the default 3935 setup instead of defaulting to slayers and he put avalaunch on the main screen instead of an app like requested.  fine.  so after 4.5 total hours of driving, 1 tank of gas, 1 pack of cigarettes (for the modder), a french vanilla coffee, 3 medium size pizzas to feed us all ($20), $40 for mod $10 to drop my hard drive in there.  i gave him $60 since i couldn't take out less of my bank ($10 more).  OK !  + $35 for the insurance of a top notch software setup incentive (which an autoinstaller did) when i left he just had a slayers with modified ini and a CDRW with everything i needed to put all the apps on it that he did not put on it ($35, supposed to be finished, etc) a tweaked dvdrom that wont boot the CDRW that was new that he just burned.  when i got home i was just thrilled that i could burn slayers on a ritek dvd-r even though its a small iso.  i rebuild it, the dash, added and configed avalaunch all by myself.  got my basic apps that i can easily upgrade myself from the usual place.  

i asked him politely if he could return the $35 that was incentive money (come over it should be ready, etc, etc.)  he refused and said that was a gift (it wasn't the $20 was because he was hard on cash) plus i give him 25 ritek dvd-r's and 7 brand new CDRW since all his was scratched to hell which is why i had to make several trips.  he denies that he never put a 256 bios on it but i distinctly remember him telling me that he didn't know that it used a 512k bios.  also the apps not launching was because the fan speed in the bios that had to be edited with evtools (i kept telling him that but he kept on wanting to use xecuter tools for evox bios?)  i even wrote on the cd i left there here is m8plus bios for 1.6 xbox and gave instructions on the disc what to do ON THE DISC.  use evtools to enable one large F:  

he gets very passive agressive in email after requesting the $35 back and i was sent home with a fuxored bios install because the fan speed was not high enough to cool the drive which needed to be set in evtools.  sends very long and lengthy emails, denies things, and gets ANGRY.  

let him get angry.  he's got my money.  think of all i did for them all the waiting i had to do him not getting it right the first time (he'll deny this but i have a good memory about it) and making claims that m8plus is not a good bios for a 2.6CE chip.  well, let me tell you.  the reason they sell the 2.6 CE chip with LPC rebuild is for people like me who may want to use live and not buy an xecuter3 that flashed on and off during xbox live and sees no reason to spend all that money on the extra "features?"  i simply dont need a 4th gen mod or else i would have gotten a smartxx.  $60+$35+$20+$20 (we shared 3 medium pizzas) + pack of smokes for the modder and coffee for his wife oh and a $30+ sterling silver chain i bought on ebay that didn't suit my needs.  close to 25 DVD-R Ritek G08's and 7 CDRW.  1 tank of gas.  4.5 hours driving 3 days straight.  told the first day it would be ready in 45 minutes (it wasn't done properly) else it would have booted to dash (256k not 512k bios was flashed on there)  

thats a hell of a lot of money for me to spend on someone i had believed to be a pro at modding he boasts about xecuter3 being so user friendly and easy, etc, etc.  thats his speciality but considering my bad experiences with this 2.6CE, back pain, anxiety.   they did accomodate me with a seat and a some water and let me smoke cigarettes of my own while he worked.  

you all do the math.  

i would not have posted this feedback had he not have been so passive aggressive in email (i've nuked them all dont want to hear about it i'm up and running) and getting angry with me when i was nothing more than a gentleman.  well, i dont think it was unfair for me to ask for the "incentive $35" back especially when it wasn't required in the first place nor WAS ANYTHING ELSE.  the trade was for the media the CDRW in order to get me up and running.  i took it upon myself and trusted him that he was a pro.  i was wrong.  he thought 4983_06 would run on a 1.6 xbox.  i'm just so sad because all those trips really wore me out.

i should have just shipped it to modchipman.com and waited a week but since i am having surgery i thought i could get it working the first day as promised so i could play some games before going into the hospital.  

perhaps he doesn't understand that i'm disabled, only get $570 a month, pay rent, pay my credit card bills, pay high speed, buy food, pay for television and spent the last that i have on my trust on him, and that its freaking hard for me to make 3 consecutive trips out there to not have things done right when it was paid WELL enough to be a gem.  

i dont care that he didn't refund the money.  some people are like that.  other people care.  he claimed to be great at the x3 so i would pay attention to those posts if you are considering him.  

this mod is going to last, i'll be able to take care of the rest.  however if i had a choice i'd priority mailed it to modchipman for them to hook me up right.  

and i appologize Buzz but your emails offended me.  your attitude offended me.  i had to speak my mind.  i thank you and your wife for your kindness in having to wait there 2 of the 3 nights but like when i was just booting to msdash because of a improper flash (remember when you talked about using your external flasher on it???)  

and it took you so long to realize what i had repeated so many times, m8plus and evtools for F:.  perhaps you did not realize nothing would launch because the drive was too hot and the fan speed needed to be adjusted.  thats human but i would have found the answers right then and there and done it right.  sorry my man gotta shoot straight.  

we'll just cut our losses and part ways ok Buzz ?  no emails.  

and btw yes the m8plus ver 1.6 and 2.6CE is a very viable alternative to a 4th gen mod if you have a 1.6 xbox unlike your email stated.  

:rotfl: <