xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dvd Back-up  (Read 98 times)

RaceHack

• Archived User
Dvd Back-up
« on: February 15, 2005, 01:37:00 AM »

I am trying to back up one of my dvds.

I backed it up to my xbox, then tranfered it to my computer and its about 8GB, so now i was woundering how i get it down to 4gb or 4.5 so i can fit it on a dvd disk. what compiler do i need or program to write it to a dvd disk.

I thought this would be a common question but i didn't see it in the pinned topics, sorry if i missed it. <

jameswalter

• Archived User
Dvd Back-up
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2005, 02:19:00 AM »

DVDShrink <

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
Dvd Back-up
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2005, 02:28:00 AM »

or DVD2ONE is a good one i use all the time. you do know how to properly burn a movie right? with the VIDEO_TS foler?
if not visit afterdawn forums. <

Chance_P

• Archived User
Dvd Back-up
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2005, 02:31:00 AM »

dvdshrink 2.3 works wonders and is very simple to use....or get a dual layer dvd burner so you can burn 8.5 gigs on one disc <

psyddicus

• Archived User
Dvd Back-up
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2005, 03:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(Chance_P @ Feb 15 2005, 01:26 AM)
dvdshrink 2.3 works wonders and is very simple to use....or get a dual layer dvd burner so you can burn 8.5 gigs on one disc

Only problem with this solution is that DL discs cost a hell of a lot more than regulars.  The cheapest I've found around my town are still about $10 a piece.

Now, I have a DL hybrid drive but when it comes to movie backups I still use DVD Shrink, because I'm cheap and I've only ever noticed one artifact due to compression, and that was when I was standing only a couple of feet from the TV. <

ubernewb

• Archived User
Dvd Back-up
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2005, 03:51:00 AM »

another piece of software to look into is clonedvd2... very easy program to use, and readily available if one knows where to look. but we're not going to get into that here. just d/l the trial version and check it out.

<

jesterrace777

• Archived User
Dvd Back-up
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2005, 04:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(ubernewb @ Feb 15 2005, 09:46 AM)
another piece of software to look into is clonedvd2... very easy program to use, and readily available if one knows where to look. but we're not going to get into that here. just d/l the trial version and check it out.

Yeah but to get a legit copy of Clone DVD you better be prepared to pay over $40 for it.  The software is good but IMHO not worth the cost.  DVD Shrink V3.2 is still the best solution for the price. . . FREE!!!!!!!!!!!   :D  @chance_P you are LONG overdue for an upgrade.  The newest V3.2 is so much better.  Anyways @the original post we don't really discuss movie backups here.  Just XBOX game backups.  This post would be better suited for the PC discussion forum down in the general chat section.  
 <

Mr Ed

• Archived User
Dvd Back-up
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2005, 11:28:00 AM »

This is a movie backup question, not an XBOX backup question.

Take it to dvdrhelp.com or doom9.net or at least if you must talk about it here, use the off topic PC forum.

Moving to gartbage. :evil: <