xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbmc Live Market Place Help  (Read 226 times)

tiburonguy

• Archived User
Xbmc Live Market Place Help
« on: October 24, 2007, 03:20:00 PM »

Hi Guys,

I have XBMC with the 360 skin installed and was wondering how I edit the Market place links such as the youtube script that is loaded or the game down script options.

Neither of them seem to work but I have a Youtube2.0b script that does work and I want it to load from that main YouTube picture.

Also does anyone know where to get a mod for the entire market place to make it more customizable and easier to use?

Any help would be great Thanks.

FourTwentySmiles

• Archived User
Xbmc Live Market Place Help
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 08:55:00 PM »

For the YouTube Script go to the MC360 Folder located in the "Skins" folder of XBMC. Open it and look for the PAL folder. Open it and find the XML named "custom1113_XBMCLivePlace". You need to edit that XML to associate that button to the script you want it to run.  The section you need to edit wont say "Youtube Button".....it'll say something like "<description>Market Place Button 4 push button</description>".....Once you find that look for the line that says "onclick" Then just edit it to go to the default.py in yourYoutube folder. Save and exit. That's it for that.  Now, as far as a mod to consolidate stuff.......I HIGHLY recommend TimDog's "Video Monster Mod". I use it and so far I've been nothing but pleased........unless you count "amazed that someone has time to script all that"....LOL. You can find that mod in the "Skin Mod" section of the forum. Hope that I helped you out some. Don't forget to check out the fabulous new "BlackMarket" script to add more great themes to your XBMC. Works with MC360, Vision, Containment, and Xtv. Great theme source. I have 5 or so themes posted there.