xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Mc360 Skin Flickers  (Read 196 times)

KAC

• Archived User
Mc360 Skin Flickers
« on: April 26, 2007, 06:44:00 AM »

I've installed this skin.  It looks awesome when it works.

The problem I have is when I enable this skin, the screen flickers real bad at boot up to the point where I can't see anything on the screen and it appears as if it's frozen.  Sometimes it works fine sometimes not.  I often have to reboot 5 or 6 times to get it to boot properly without flickering.

I've used the other skins, PMIII, Xbox Classic, and Vision, they all work fine with no flickering ever.

It's only with the MC360 skin that the screen flickers.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

Any ideas what could be causing this?

This post has been edited by KAC: Apr 26 2007, 01:46 PM

skyzerr33

• Archived User
Mc360 Skin Flickers
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 06:55:00 AM »

Whats your flicker filter set at? have you tried changing it?

KAC

• Archived User
Mc360 Skin Flickers
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 07:45:00 AM »

Yeah, i've tried Off, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.  Rebooted with each setting, no help. Still flickers bad.

Now, I have done a little further testing and this is what I found:

I have an autoxec script that automatically starts a playlist of music at boot up for background music.  If I have this script running, it ALWAYS flickers.  If I remove this autoexec, it never flickers.  The skin works fine.  Keep in mind that I have the same autoexec file running with all the other skins and they all work flawlessly.  It's only this skin that flickers.

Another thing I noticed is that if I immediately hit the D-pad to the right a couple of times as SOON as it boots up, I can make the blades change BEFORE the autoexec music starts and the skin works.  Again, I have to change blades real fast for it not to flicker.  Once it flickers, I can't see or do anything at that point.