xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Sayonara Mr Blackbolt.  (Read 953 times)

Blackbolt

• Archived User
Sayonara Mr Blackbolt.
« on: April 15, 2007, 04:55:00 AM »

Hello everybody. Ok so here is the deal. When I started skinning a few years ago, I had loads of free time, just come out of college and was able to spend hours each day working away. When I began MC360 on December 29th 2005. yes that long ago, it seemed like a couple of months project. Obviously it turned from that into something bigger. The time I spent on MC360 caused a lot of problems for me and I made many sacrifices to spend the time and energy working on the skin and site. But in the past month, its becoming more apparent that I just can't keep doing the skinning work at the moment.

So, what I am doing today is in effect going into open retirement from skinning. I don't want to say I won't come back eventually to complete the skins I had planned to do, but I don't see myself doing them any time soon. I know that some people will be a bit miffed because I had promised to bring the eX skin and also the THREE skin to life, but I can't see a way to complete them effectively in the near future. Our current skins will still be on the The official XBMC Skinning SVN, which also houses many other new skins like Vision, xTV and Clearity. Jezz_X is still very much a major part of the skinning world and will hopefully continue to be for a long time to come.

I would like thank every single person who has helped Team Blackbolt and also the members of the team who have helped along the way. Thanks to Jezz_X for all the coding he did, which was ALOT and to Team XBMC for creating the best application EVER. Hopefully I will be back one day, maybe if XBMC ever sees light of day on the 360. Well till then, See Ya!

- Blackbolt

Drewcool

• Archived User
Sayonara Mr Blackbolt.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 06:08:00 AM »

Don't worry man, we're all jumping trains just to survive. You do what you have to and no one will (should, damn pussies) hold it against you. Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication to an awesome skin. The X-Box Classic skin that Jexx_X updated is pretty sweet too. :)

No worries about the planned stuff, life is life and plans aren't static. So it goes. Anybody who feels any different should spend the night (PDT) writing a research paper on Pearl Jam's eponymous album and see how they feel afterwards and read anything by the late Kurt Vonnegut 'cause he's a damn talented writer.

Kudos to the XBMC Skinning SVN camp also! I was able to rig up a custom build.bat that lets me include the newest builds of some of the newer skins directly from the SVN. Well, as long as I remember to update first, still working on scripting that.

I digress, adios Blackbolt and may you have success in all of your future endeavours.
(Including a yet-to-be-announced skin that will be your return to XBMC skinning fame! ;p )

Yours in idiosyncratic; realist; insomnia,
Drewcool

warius

• Archived User
Sayonara Mr Blackbolt.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 06:08:00 AM »

Thanks for all the effort you put in!

MC360 is a fantastic piece of work!

throwingks

• Archived User
Sayonara Mr Blackbolt.
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 07:01:00 AM »

T.T

Thank you for everything you have given us.

This post has been edited by throwingks: Apr 15 2007, 02:02 PM

wvstephens

• Archived User
Sayonara Mr Blackbolt.
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 08:16:00 AM »

Hey first of all thanks for a great skin I could not ask for anything more than MC360 you really out did your self. I was looking forward to the new skins but hey such is life. What would be great would be for you to release the source images etc.. for the eX skin that way maybe someone could pick up where you left off. If no, thanks anyway and hope life treats you well and hope you come back again from time to time.

Rotfloljfk

• Archived User
Sayonara Mr Blackbolt.
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 08:28:00 AM »

That seems to happen to everyone on these forums....

(UIX, Zsnexbox, and now BB)

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
Sayonara Mr Blackbolt.
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007, 09:30:00 AM »

The work youve done has been great, hope real life is getting busy in a good way biggrin.gif

rossmac

• Archived User
Sayonara Mr Blackbolt.
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2007, 09:47:00 AM »

See ya.

Also -  ALOT is actually spelt A LOT wink.gif

Tus!

Darkjasper

• Archived User
Sayonara Mr Blackbolt.
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2007, 09:50:00 AM »

Thanks for all the great skins and work you have done.

ShadowmanX

• Archived User
Sayonara Mr Blackbolt.
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2007, 10:42:00 AM »

Enjoy your Iced Teas and long naps, Retirement is a nice long rest for a job well done, and your job was a very well done one indeed!
Take it easy Mr. Blackbolt and all the best for the future! And thanks for the damned amazing skin that is MC360.

guvna

• Archived User
Sayonara Mr Blackbolt.
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2007, 10:15:00 AM »

Just wanna say thanks for all the hard work you've put into skinning for xbmc. I know that my xbmc isn't complete without your skin.
I wish you the very best for the future and hope to see you again on the scene one day.

BigSteel

• Archived User
Sayonara Mr Blackbolt.
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2007, 10:18:00 AM »

I would also like to say thanks for the phenomenal MC360 skin (the most impressive skin to date).   I think we all appreciate your hard word, as well as the other team members.  Sad to see another withdraw from the scence cause of that pesky "real life" that keeps getting in the way  tongue.gif  tongue.gif

shizzle01

• Archived User
Sayonara Mr Blackbolt.
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2007, 10:57:00 AM »

thank u for everything and hope u will be back some day

o0oFoXo0o

• Archived User
Sayonara Mr Blackbolt.
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2007, 10:27:00 AM »

Hallo @ll !

Thank you for the great work you done!

Your MC360 is my absolute favorite skin for xbmc.

mlapaglia

• Archived User
Sayonara Mr Blackbolt.
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2007, 10:57:00 AM »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have a happy retirement man, thanks for the kick ass skins.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5