xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: colibri's Repair and Exchange Service for Noobs  (Read 267 times)

colibri

• Archived User
colibri's Repair and Exchange Service for Noobs
« on: May 16, 2004, 11:05:00 PM »

read this first!!!

this thread has been crapped to hell.. needs to be deleted.. there is contact information towards the bottom of this message.. anything here after is taken way out of context and needs to be cleaned out or locked.. thanks.. all i can repair at this point is misflashes and maybe broken d0 traces.. i don't charge for these as they are easy to fix but please send a return ups shipping label if you are goin to mail anything to me.. thanx for your support..

I will Check from time to time to answer qwestions: Mod please leave open till everyone get's what they ordered. i don't want to leave anyone hanging out to dry. :uhh:  

All other offers previously available are no longer accepted and are null and void.. I've gotten burned by bad checks and vulgar remarks as to shipping delays caused by holding checks and other then listed items. sorry it took a lot of bad eggs to spoil easter for everyone else.. :angry:

to those members i have already accepted payment from please email [email protected] if you do not receive your items we were trade/exchanging for so i can follow through on my end i don't want to leave anyone burned by my no longer offering trades in this thread..

this excludes check payments, credit card with paypal, or echeck, those transactions are void and i still need a complete list of items in box already on file to verify the shipping information for me to return to you at my own cost, not yours..

this thread was a great idea when i first opened it, thinking helping others wouldn't be abused and it would be genuinly appreciated although I still will offer free repairs, yes i said free repairs, provided you pay any and all shipping to and from allowing me ample time to review and see if it's repairable.

This post has been edited by colibri on Jul 16 2004, 08:00 AM

colibri

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2004, 11:24:00 PM »

to those members I have already accepted payment from please email [email protected] if you do not receive your items we were trade/exchanging for so I can follow through on my end I don't want to leave anyone burned by my no longer offering repairs..

This excludes check payments, credit card with pay pal, or echeck, those transactions are void and I still need a complete list of items in box already on file to verify the shipping information for me to return to you at my own cost, not yours..

this thread was a great idea when I first opened it, thinking helping others wouldn't be abused and it would be genuinely appreciated although I still offer free repairs, yes i said free, provided you pay any and all shipping to and from allowing ample time for me to review if the item(s) are repairable.

This post has been edited by colibri on Jun 20 2004, 07:43 AM

Shimmy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 02:11:00 AM »

Hi m8!

You think you can save my mobo? http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=214350 If so, how mutch do you think shipping is to/from sweden?

Tnx!

colibri

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2004, 04:20:00 AM »

i won't know till it gets here, and shippin from sweden will be alot.. you might better off tryin to get one locally, decause of shipping delays but it seems like it might be repairable if you don't keep messing with it.. you might of overheated it to much.. and next time you might want to not glob thermal on there because of this very outcome.. i can at least save the harddrive if it's locked for you and offer a trade in if it isn't repairable.. can't really tell since it's a heat related issue.. i would need to bench it..

colibri

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2004, 11:18:00 PM »

Bump

i have some things to start out with i got 2 people interested so far.. anyone else..

hawgman

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2004, 07:23:00 AM »

Sent you pm

Mowingmex

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2004, 02:26:00 PM »

This guy means serious business.  A couple months ago I had no idea about repairing xboxes and/or modding them.   :o

Then while selling some xbox parts on ebay I ran into this guy.  He helped me out more then you think.  He has great communication and you can trust him with everything. :D

I sent him $350 worth of stuff and my Xbox Live Info and he didnt steal anything infact he sent everything back modified it works great.  He is fast about it and very reliable.   B)  So if your uncomfortable about anything that may happen or internet scams stop worrying.  I back this guy 100% and so should you.

I am very happy with my xbox and nothing would have been possible withought him.

My 200GB which he isntalled (and modified)
(IMG:http://frozynfyre.notanorg.org/files/DVC00136.JPG)

My Samsung 616
(IMG:http://frozynfyre.notanorg.org/files/DVC00137.JPG)

Avaluanch complete with every program you need! (everything thanks to him)
(IMG:http://frozynfyre.notanorg.org/files/DVC00138.JPG)

:ph34r:

This post has been edited by Mowingmex on May 18 2004, 09:29 PM

explosive2

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2004, 03:27:00 PM »

Hello,
   I have 2 V1.0 Broken/Semi-Working Motherboards and Hard Drives that I can sell along with a V1.0 PSU that has a wire detatched but would easily be repaired by soldering it back again I guess.
Here is my thread:
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=210094
Thank you.
 :beer:

xboxhaxorz

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2004, 04:23:00 PM »

hi, i have a almost dead board

i get no audio or video

ill find the post i made, when search is enabled

but i did a tsop flash, and it worked for some time, then after 2hrs

no video or audio

colibri

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2004, 05:44:00 PM »

you both got pm's

DarkDeity

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2004, 05:47:00 PM »

yeah man,

my v1.0 mobo is broken i think

i get no a/v, it flashes orange - off - orange - off eject lights

it reboots 3 times

anyhelp?

[EDIT]

it started doing this at the weirdest time, i put controller port LED"s in and it was on as i was putting the top on, then as i as i put the top down it went to no a/v and stopped working

[/EDIT]

This post has been edited by DarkDeity on May 19 2004, 12:49 AM

colibri

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2004, 05:57:00 PM »

there is a tutorial about that what happens is on the lpc side one of the points might be broken, i can look for the link if you want.. but if you didn't install a header pin it more likly would of been caused by overheating.. if you want i can buy it for salvage or i can give you an estimate i can't really tell unless i bench it.. you know your board better then i do about the way you've been treating it.. if it overheated trade it in if you added a header pin i'll send the tut..

DarkDeity

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2004, 12:42:00 PM »

no header pin, im pretty sure it over heated, but why would it? the case was open..

colibri

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2004, 06:32:00 PM »

yeah xbox's overheat if you leave the cover off of them.. all mine run like 10 degress hotter with the cover off.. maybe power surge from adding led lights.. but i think that's coincidental.. it would of went eventually anyways..

colibri

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2004, 03:47:00 PM »

bump

i'd like to also say orders are going very smoothy i expect to start seeing some feedback here in the thread in  a few days or so.. watch what other people say so you won't have any questions about quallity replacements and or services rendered. thanks and check back often.. i might start post repaired dvd drive as i am aquiring alot on trade in..