xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Custom Blade Templates  (Read 1149 times)

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Custom Blade Templates
« on: July 03, 2006, 05:13:00 PM »

Here are some images that you can load up in your paint program so you can get the right size and curve of the original blade images so you you can start making your own if you wish (right click "Save Picture as")

Blades (IMG:http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/5316/left1he.jpg)   (IMG:http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/38/right6mb.jpg) runners (IMG:http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/1950/runnerleft6mh.jpg)   (IMG:http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/6982/runnerright5um.jpg)

You will need 7 images in total for the blades 3 for unfocused on each side and 1 for focus on the left the file names you need to save them as are

blades-size1-left-NF.png
blades-size2-left-NF.png
blades-size3-left-NF.png
blades-size4-header.png  <--- this is the selected blade one

and

blades-size1-right-NF.png
blades-size2-right-NF.png
blades-size3-right-NF.png

size 1 is the furthest out and size 3 is the closest to the middle and remember the text area gets lower  and smaller the further out it goes

Also the Blade Runners are the bit that hides the stuff behind the blades  and you need
blades-runner-left1.png  <-- fullscreen animation
blades-runner-right.png  <-- fullscreen animation
blades-runner-left.png <-- buts up againts the transperant select blade

Hope this helps

This post has been edited by Jezz_X: Jul 4 2006, 07:29 AM

GreenfieldToys

• Archived User
Custom Blade Templates
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 04:55:00 PM »

you are the sh!t!!! thank you biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

Pennylane

• Archived User
Custom Blade Templates
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 11:33:00 PM »

woooooot - cant wait to have some spare time...

warlion

• Archived User
Custom Blade Templates
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 11:31:00 PM »

i think you miss the runners jezz  biggrin.gif  

is a very importan if you like a cabon blades tongue.gif

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Custom Blade Templates
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 11:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(warlion @ Jul 4 2006, 03:38 PM) View Post

i think you miss the runners jezz  biggrin.gif  

is a very importan if you like a cabon blades tongue.gif

Added to the main post

Simax

• Archived User
Custom Blade Templates
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 06:03:00 AM »

Yeahhh thanks the tut man (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Great idea !!!

mbezik

• Archived User
Custom Blade Templates
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2006, 10:34:00 AM »

i was just wondering jezz is there another image(s) i need to change to get the runners to look right when the skin first loads? ive got everything looking nice once xbmc loads but when it first opens and the runners slide in theres still parts left from the origional theme - MANY THANX for the templates for the blades they worked perfect!!

TIA!

This post has been edited by mbezik: Jul 4 2006, 05:48 PM

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Custom Blade Templates
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2006, 03:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(mbezik @ Jul 5 2006, 02:05 AM) View Post

i was just wondering jezz is there another image(s) i need to change to get the runners to look right when the skin first loads? ive got everything looking nice once xbmc loads but when it first opens and the runners slide in theres still parts left from the origional theme - MANY THANX for the templates for the blades they worked perfect!!

TIA!

Yeah there is a file called "background-grey1.png" that gets used to fill out the extra runner bits in the animation basically its just a 1pixel wide by 512pixel high image that a thin slice of the runner edge and gets stretched out to fill in the gap in the full screen animations

mbezik

• Archived User
Custom Blade Templates
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2006, 04:52:00 PM »

cheers jezz that sorted the job out!

Fused0ne

• Archived User
Custom Blade Templates
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006, 11:38:00 PM »

Ive never tired to make a skin for anything, but I am gonna try to make something for this. I just want to make sure of one thing, we do not put the actual text on the blades right? The system does that yes?

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Custom Blade Templates
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2006, 11:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(Fused0ne @ Jul 6 2006, 03:09 PM) View Post

Ive never tired to make a skin for anything, but I am gonna try to make something for this. I just want to make sure of one thing, we do not put the actual text on the blades right? The system does that yes?

no don't put it on the image the system does that at run time

Fused0ne

• Archived User
Custom Blade Templates
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2006, 01:34:00 AM »

Ok I thought so. Thanks!

Fused0ne

• Archived User
Custom Blade Templates
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2006, 03:00:00 AM »

Ok, once we've made our files and such, how do we turn it into a theme? Ive made all my blades and such per the first posts instructions, as well as made background images for each. I'm just now stuck on how to get the images into an actual theme.

Ive been up reading threads here and there and everywhere for the last few hours, and I've had no luck.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Simax

• Archived User
Custom Blade Templates
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2006, 06:07:00 AM »

Man its a good idea or my problem is the convert to the xpr...How to convert the images to xpr format?? With the xbmctex or another program? Sorry my english please anybody respone thanks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

UK_joker

• Archived User
Custom Blade Templates
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2006, 01:28:00 AM »

So far through the help of the posts on this forum I have made two custom background packs (xpr) with custom splash and theme music on start.
How does a beginner like me make blades? I have the templates dwonloaded and understand what they are to be called and how many I should have.
Do I paint over the entire blade template (and let the system put it right afterwards) or do I need to be neat with the colours etc?
Do I pack in the same way I did for the background-colour.png ? (in the same folder to begin with then use the same method so to achieve blades and backgrounds all in one pack)

I really want to make my own blades (and make some more themes) so badly, I'm addicted now (thanks guys, I did have other plans)  jester.gif  jester.gif  jester.gif

Thanks in advance
Pages: [1] 2