xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Help W/ Xbmctex  (Read 1685 times)

GreenfieldToys

• Archived User
Help W/ Xbmctex
« on: July 03, 2006, 11:31:00 PM »

okay, i got Jezz's templates, cut them out, turned them into .pngs, made 7 copies. named them properly, named the file bladetest, Dragged the file over to XBMCtex, drop it in, tex runs, then i get an error report from windows, what am i doing wrong. Please help i'm anxious to try this, thanks.

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Help W/ Xbmctex
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 11:44:00 PM »

you don't drag files over xbmctex you need to run it as a commandline tool  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
you need to stick every image you want into a dir with no subdirs put xbmctex.exe into that dir and run it from the command line like this
CODE
xbmctex.exe -quality high

or you could copy that line into a text file save it as somthing like MakeXPR.bat in the same folder as xbmctex.exe then just double click it and it should make a textures.xpr file that you need to rename to somthing before ftping over so you don't over write all the default ones

From its help

Usage:
  -help            Show this screen.
  -input <dir>     Input directory. Default: current dir
  -output <dir>    Output directory/filename. Default: Textures.xpr
  -quality <qual>  Quality setting (min, low, normal, high, max). Default: normal
  -noprotect       XPR contents viewable at full quality in skin editor
  -onlyswizzled    Only allow swizzled textures (faster rendering, larger memory use) rather than linear textures

This post has been edited by Jezz_X: Jul 4 2006, 06:50 AM

warlion

• Archived User
Help W/ Xbmctex
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 11:52:00 PM »

i actually work from ms-dos and i put all mi imagen in a folder like jezz said y go to ms-dos and locate the folder and run xbmctex -input
and this give you a texture.xpr you have to rename this one

where did you get the jeaa templates?

Loaded_Gun_Complex

• Archived User
Help W/ Xbmctex
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 11:20:00 PM »

Could anyone post a link to xbmctex? I searched for it and cant seem to find it anywhere.  sad.gif

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Help W/ Xbmctex
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 11:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(Loaded_Gun_Complex @ Jul 4 2006, 03:27 PM) View Post

Could anyone post a link to xbmctex? I searched for it and cant seem to find it anywhere.  sad.gif

No they can't don't ask again it uses XDK code and is not permitted on this forum

QUOTE(warlion @ Jul 4 2006, 03:23 PM) View Post

where did you get the jeaa templates?

he got them here http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=528268

warlion

• Archived User
Help W/ Xbmctex
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 12:05:00 AM »

jezz can i ask you someting can you see my carbon blades and tell me if a did rigth plz
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?sho...p;#entry3519838

i really apreciatte your help

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Help W/ Xbmctex
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 11:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(warlion @ Jul 4 2006, 03:36 PM) View Post

jezz can i ask you someting can you see my carbon blades and tell me if a did rigth plz
http://forums.xbox-s...p;#entry3519838

i really apreciatte your help

Well looks like you did them right to the dimensions the skin uses not the original size I hate to think how much time it took you to line them all up

warlion

• Archived User
Help W/ Xbmctex
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2006, 12:20:00 AM »

i took me like 2 hours to ajust the blades , but i already see in your themplates that the size are not the sames jajaj

i still working in a new blades but i have to work a little bit more but with your templates this will be much easy, thanks jezz

i sill waiting for the superman theme jejeej

GreenfieldToys

• Archived User
Help W/ Xbmctex
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 11:53:00 PM »

dude my heads about to pop, i know dos, atleast i thought i did. I can't navigate. Xp's  dos window comes up.. it says c:\documents and settings\User>, i hit dir. i hit c:\, i'm freakin' out. This should be so simple damit. okay, i did a ggogle search to refresh my dos commands memory and that didn;t help. I put my "bladetest" file into c:\, tryied to go to c:\bladetest, why does this dos suck, i'm know i'm stoopid too,arrgggggggg help mad.gif

warlion

• Archived User
Help W/ Xbmctex
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2006, 12:36:00 AM »

cd     -foldername  to enter a folder  cd themes
cd..   -to exist a forder                     cd..
dir    -to see files                             dir  
rename - rename a file            rename texture.xpr superman.xpr
exit      -exit

if you have your folder in your desktop put
a:> cd desktop
a:/desktop>cd foldername
a:/desktop/foldername>xbmctex - input

GreenfieldToys

• Archived User
Help W/ Xbmctex
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2006, 12:01:00 AM »

ok, nevermind i'm stoopid, i think i got it, thanks anyway biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

GreenfieldToys

• Archived User
Help W/ Xbmctex
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2006, 12:49:00 AM »

arrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhh........

It worked, i successfully ran the program in dos, it did its thing...then just like before i got an error report and tex had to shut down. So i think you can drag and drop files into tex, the exact same process happens both ways. Any more ideas, does xp fuk up dos programs, i read that somewhere....

this is exactly what i've done.... i made 7 pngs, put them in a file named bladetest. I then put xbmctex in the same file. I put bladetest in c:\. so i type c:\bladetest\xbmctex.exe -quality high. It runs and i get an error, help:)

This post has been edited by GreenfieldToys: Jul 4 2006, 08:04 AM

GreenfieldToys

• Archived User
Help W/ Xbmctex
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2006, 01:58:00 AM »

Still no luck, do i have to do everything from dos, is making a folder in windows the same as making a dir in dos. It seems i'm dooing this right. is there another program i need to run tex right. i've tried -input, -quality high, it always runs for 8-12 sec than locks up and i get a report error window, does anyone else have this problem.... uhh.gif

mbezik

• Archived User
Help W/ Xbmctex
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2006, 05:11:00 AM »

i followed the instructions - made the bat file like jezz x said and it worked like a dream thanks jezz for your clear and concise instructions!!

warlion

• Archived User
Help W/ Xbmctex
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2006, 09:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(GreenfieldToys @ Jul 4 2006, 01:20 AM) *

It worked, i successfully ran the program in dos, it did its thing...then just like before i got an error report and tex had to shut down. So i think you can drag and drop files into tex, the exact same process happens both ways. Any more ideas, does xp fuk up dos programs, i read that somewhere....
this is exactly what i've done.... i made 7 pngs, put them in a file named bladetest. I then put xbmctex in the same file. I put bladetest in c:\. so i type c:\bladetest\xbmctex.exe -quality high. It runs and i get an error, help:)

no use .exe only xbmctex -quality high

i actually use xbmctex -input but you have to ve incide trhe folder c:/bladetest>xbm...............................

This post has been edited by warlion: Jul 4 2006, 04:33 PM
Pages: [1] 2 3