OG Xbox Forums > Skin Mods

Custom Subpanel

(1/4) > >>

jelle-e:
Hi,
Since the blades in MC360 were not as easy to configure as I hoped, I started searching for some other easy-access-menuus. Ofcourse the SubPanels (or whaterver they're called) are easy menuus to configure. Once I noticed that MC360 doesn't contain DialogSubMenu.xml I could easily edit that file and add it to MC360 in the PAL map. Since DialogSubMenu.xml is connected to SubMenu (read: XBMC.ActivateWindow(SubMenu)) it was easy to implement it.

I now have a menu with custom buttons. I made a scripts menu of the panel but ofcourse you can do anything with it.
I filled the whole menu with buttons and set some to be invisible. Set <visible> to 'yes' and you can use them. This also goes for the Dividers.

For easy use I added the <four> button in Keymap.xml and connected it to XBMC.ActivateWindow(SubMenu)

Download:
* DialogSubMenu.xml

Note: some buttons are already filled in and direct to my own scripts. Ofcourse these buttons will not work while you haven't installed the scripts yet.

jelle-e:
QUOTEHey this sounds great!   where do i get to the scripts menu you made?  I downloaded that file you made and dropped it in the pal dir.  what next?

Thanks for all your doing!

Edit Keymap.xml in the UserData map.
What I did, was assign XBMC.ActivateWindow(SubMenu) to the button "4" on my remote.
Looks like this:
<four>XBMC.ActivateWindow(SubMenu)</four>

Ofcourse you can assign it to any button you want.

After adding that, restart XBMC and it should work. As simple as that.
After you have visual of it, you can start editting the buttons in DialogSubMenu.xml to your likings. Good luck!

Owh, and the scripts can be found on XBMCScripts

This post has been edited by jelle-e: Jun 25 2006, 09:58 PM

Warlock427:
Thanks mate just got this and set the buttons up and goes sweet. Look at my screenshot here: Screenshots

(IMG:http://warlock.kol.co.nz/Sample8.jpg)

This post has been edited by Warlock427: Jun 26 2006, 12:21 AM

mbay:
very interesting work, jelle-e!

warius:
Fantastic!

Thanks J, I've tweaked this to my liking and it works brilliant, just the thing I was looking for!

On a sidenote, If you add QUOTE<onclick>XBMC.AlarmClock(Timer)</onclick> you got yourself a minute timer, for pizzas in the oven or whatever, comes in handy a lot (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Thanks again!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version