xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Clear Video Background  (Read 989 times)

ventline

• Archived User
Clear Video Background
« on: June 15, 2006, 05:55:00 PM »

Ok first I would like to start off and apologize to Blackbolt and the team for yet another headache that I've put them through. I had seen all the crap that went on before the release and seen Blackbolt and the team's response to it.

So what did I do when I got my hands on it? Started to mod different thing in the skin. Just adding to the headache and for that I'm sorry. I will not be releasing anymore mods untill they have a final version out.

But for now I would like to show you all something I've been working on. When you have a video playing I've hidden the background/custom background and the whitewash overlay(only in the middle). That leaves a clear video with all the controls intacted. I know it takes out the color but I thought it was worth it. I think it looks pretty slick. Also it does not work in the gamesaves and the movie trailer scripits. So here is the VIDEO

Let me know that you think.

This post has been edited by ventline: Jun 16 2006, 01:01 AM

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Clear Video Background
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 06:10:00 PM »

I think its a decent idea but I also think it makes the black text very hard to read on black/dark videos and thats why it was put on there in the first place

Ma5tEr5hAkE

• Archived User
Clear Video Background
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 07:08:00 PM »

I would be VERY interested in this...have you done it already or are just considering it?

ventline

• Archived User
Clear Video Background
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 06:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Jun 15 2006, 06:41 PM) View Post

I think its a decent idea but I also think it makes the black text very hard to read on black/dark videos and thats why it was put on there in the first place

I thought that also so i had tried it with the whitewash inplace. It made the menu's easier to read but I didn't like what it did for the video. I was going for a clear video. But I understand why it was done the way it was.

QUOTE(Ma5tEr5hAkE @ Jun 15 2006, 07:39 PM) View Post

I would be VERY interested in this...have you done it already or are just considering it?

If you watch the video you can see it's done but, like I said above I will not be releasing anymore mods untill they have a final version out. So your going to have to wait for it. Unless someone else make's one up or the Team adds it in. But for now I will only show what I've done.

incognegro

• Archived User
Clear Video Background
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 07:42:00 PM »

OMG!!! its exactly what ive been looking for!!!

I dont know if u saw my request for help with getting a clear BG (Right Here) earlier but it should work great with the background video startup script im modifying. Please can u atleast PM me pls!!?

This post has been edited by incognegro: Jun 16 2006, 02:44 AM

Ma5tEr5hAkE

• Archived User
Clear Video Background
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 08:59:00 PM »

yeah come on man...send a pm to me and inconegro...it would be very much appreciated...and it's not like people aren't doing tons of mods anywayz....puhleeez

mbay

• Archived User
Clear Video Background
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 11:08:00 PM »

ventline,

very nicely done! smile.gif although it is true that the text is difficult on the eyes, the principle is a very entertaining thought (no pun intended, of course) biggrin.gif

Blackbolt

• Archived User
Clear Video Background
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2006, 04:17:00 AM »

Great Idea, but dogshit excution, no offense.

This is how we had it first, it became a really bastard to read text. So we never used it, we MAY, emphasis on the MAY, be adding the option do disable the whitewash overlay when using custom backgrounds. Thats just an option but to having totally clear backgrounds when video is playing nope, not gonna happen bub.

Ma5tEr5hAkE

• Archived User
Clear Video Background
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2006, 10:13:00 AM »

I tried this mod on my games blade and decided that the clear background is a good idea...but you still need the white overlay to make the text semi-readable...it is a lot of xml coding though and with new releases coming out all the time I don't think that I will take the time to implement it on all of the xmls that would be necessary...thanks for the info tho

guybird

• Archived User
Clear Video Background
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2006, 07:27:00 PM »

I would like to have the option to enable/disable the whitewash as not having a preview pane is annoying, and yes reading the text can be a pain but isn't that big of a concern to me.  This might be going way out on a limb here, but maybe allowing for some kind of text shadowing or highlighting in white or some other bright color might make up for the clear background?

Aaries

• Archived User
Clear Video Background
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2006, 08:47:00 PM »

I'm sorry, but I fail to see how this is useful other than looking kind of neat.  It seems to me that when you're watching a video, you want to do just that.  What on earth could you possibly want to do on the dashboard while you're trying to watch your video??

timo1023

• Archived User
Clear Video Background
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2006, 09:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(Aaries @ Jun 24 2006, 09:18 PM) View Post

I'm sorry, but I fail to see how this is useful other than looking kind of neat.  It seems to me that when you're watching a video, you want to do just that.  What on earth could you possibly want to do on the dashboard while you're trying to watch your video??

Agreed.

ubernewb

• Archived User
Clear Video Background
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2006, 01:59:00 AM »

here's an idea.. you know how in pm3, when you back out, it shows the video playing in a small box in the corner? how much of a pain in the ass would it be to make a similar window in the gamercard area? like turn the gamercard area into a small tv when there's a video playing?

i know the poor gamercard has been beaten to death with all the different changes, but i think this one might actually be really useful.

guybird

• Archived User
Clear Video Background
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2006, 02:34:00 AM »

I use Media Center in my car to play videos.  I find it more appealing to just play videos over mp3's most of the time.  Its nice to be able to see the currently playing song/video while browsing through for the next one.

Emerica

• Archived User
Clear Video Background
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2006, 09:09:00 PM »

The option to enable disable the whitewash is all thats needed. It solves both issues.
I'd prefer clear, I do alot of remote streaming and you don't get any kind of status of files that fail or loading progress, so I spend alot of time in the playlist view with the minitv mode.
Even if its not a in-gui option, it would be nice to have the choice.
Pages: [1] 2