xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Hexen - Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc.  (Read 7931 times)

Heimdall

• Archived User
Hexen - Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc.
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2012, 06:51:00 AM »

If you're not getting beyond step 2.4.2 then you should try using chimp 2618 instead. There's no guarantee that it will work any better, but as it's linux based it uses different disk access routines so might work, and you have nothing to lose.

You could also try xboxhdm 2.2 using the same logic - it's based on a linux kernel which might have more flexible / tolerant disk access routines.

Boss351

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2012, 08:42:00 AM »

anyone know of a direct download link to HeXEn 0.99B11-22 or a legit upto date torrent ?

thanks

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2012, 11:48:00 AM »

Google. smile.gif

Boss351

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2020, 04:29:00 PM »

hmm every google search I use comes up with dead months /years old torrents or so called direct links that spam joining, guess my google search skills suck  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/iamwithstupid.gif)

MrMajst3r

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2020, 08:24:00 AM »

I has HEXEN on my HDD. Please PMe for few days, I will upload it and give you a link.
Is HEXEN illegal? Why it isn't allowed to share link to it?

Boss351

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2020, 10:27:00 AM »

thanks MrMajst3r, PM incoming

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2020, 01:34:00 PM »

Yes it is illegal because it contains XDK compiled code and the MS Dash, and if you post or PM a link you can expect a short holiday from here...... as per the rules.

Seriously, Google finds loads of hits, and at least two of the torrents and one of the direct downloads are working perfectly.

This post has been edited by Heimdall: Yesterday, 09:35 PM

ThaCrip

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2012, 03:08:00 AM »

is it normal for this disc to boot to a black screen? (i know the Thompson drive in it does load up a Avalaunch boot disc (on CD-RW burned @ 4x) a made a while back so it's got to be fine)

because the disc don't seem to work even though it attempts to load and the lights on the XBox change colors

note: my XBox is fine (XBox's v1.0 TSOP with x2.4981 custom bios i made to my liking with boot order) but i am just trying to load this bootable disc up to mess with it a bit as it seems this can do ALL TSOP's?

because all of my TSOP XBox's i flashed using Evox (just ran it from the hard drive along with bios file there (custom x2.4981)) and it appears that some can't be flashed easy with Evox by itself but all of the ones i got worked real easy with Evox. so i guess main reason i am looking into this is because if the supposed ease of use for the not super easy to flash TSOP XBox's that you supposedly have to use Raincoat 0.7 which don't look to easy which is why i think this disc would come in handy in case i ever run into a XBox that Evox itself can't flash properly as all of the XBox's i have done are easy to flash with Evox as they are all v1.0.

i got 5 XBox's... 3 TSOP v1.0 and a 1.6 which i recently rebuilt the LPC stuff so i could install the Xecuter 2.6 chip into it which i removed from a XBox1 console as it was the only way to get that v1.6 console working again since when i got it, it had a dead hard drive and no way i could even attempt softmod to get the EEPROM data off of it. but basically i got 3 TSOP XBox's and 2 more with modchips (i.e. Xecuter 2.6 in a v1.6 XBox and a Xecuter 2.3B Pro in a v1.0 XBox) in them.

p.s. the size of the .ISO i got is... "486 MB (509,935,616 bytes)" (which i assume is the latest version?)

it says this in release notes....

Version History:

Version 0.99b11 (06-2009) - Limited beta release
Version 0.99b21 (07-2009) - Second beta release (Thanks ldotsfan for the excellent testing, and all of the feedback and suggestions)

if i don't have the release where can you download the newest release without signing up for forums etc? (because that's pretty much what i got from doing a reasonable search on google)

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2012, 04:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(ThaCrip @ Mar 15 2012, 09:08 AM) View Post

is it normal for this disc to boot to a black screen? (i know the Thompson drive in it does load up a Avalaunch boot disc (on CD-RW burned @ 4x) a made a while back so it's got to be fine)

because the disc don't seem to work even though it attempts to load and the lights on the XBox change colors

Burn it to DVD-R at 4x or slower. Cold boot, the LED turns red, then wait 40-50 seconds for the menu to load.

QUOTE(ThaCrip @ Mar 15 2012, 09:08 AM) View Post

if i don't have the release where can you download the newest release without signing up for forums etc? (because that's pretty much what i got from doing a reasonable search on google)
There is no release where you can download the latest release. The version you have is the latest version.

ThaCrip

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2012, 04:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Mar 15 2012, 05:36 AM) View Post

Burn it to DVD-R at 4x or slower. Cold boot, the LED turns red, then wait 40-50 seconds for the menu to load.
There is no release where you can download the latest release. The version you have is the latest version.

is DVD-R critical? (the reason i would imagine a CD-RW disc is fine is because these same disc's load up my Avalaunch CD-RW i made a while back fine)

because it does attempt to boot from CD-RW (which i burned at 4x) but after the disc loads (from cold boot) the XBox light switches between all three colors (Green/Orange/Red) and keeps cycling and it stays on the XBOX logo with the 'XECUTER2' there also.

p.s. it's been sitting there for a good few minutes+ now and sticking my head up to the XBox don't sound like it's loading anything either.

side note: i can tell the controllers lost connection to the XBox side to as i got a wireless Logitech controller and i can tell it lost connection by the way it's acting when it's doing what it's doing now.

EDIT:

it loads the disc (DVD+RW) from within XBMC (and does what you say it will) but i can't seem to get it to take from a straight up cold boot which is obviously critical if you need it to work.

will DVD+R discs work also? (but if i need DVD-R i should be good because i got the best which is Verbatim DVD-R)

EDIT #2:

well apparently the CD-RW disc matters as even when it see's the disc within XBMC it will error just like it does from cold boot (i.e. flashing green/orange/red like i explained above) unlike the DVD+RW (which loads from withing XBMC but i can't get it to boot from the disc directly) which makes me think that the disc does matter as loading from within XBMC the DVD+RW works and loads up fine where as the CD-RW locks just like it does once it attempts to boot from a cold boot.

but just for confirmation... this disc CAN flash ANY TSOP, right? (i.e. from v1.0 through 1.5)

p.s. and by the way... thanks for your time wink.gif

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2012, 05:27:00 AM »

DVD-R is universally readable on all working Xbox DVD drives. Other disc types are very variable, and risky - the menu might load, but the content might not read properly. So yes, DVD-R is quite critical. smile.gif

Yes, it flashes all TSOP types. It doesn't get round the nausea with Sharp TSOPs (having to break and make connections in the middle of the process), but that's a hardware limitation.

You're welcome smile.gif

ThaCrip

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2012, 06:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Mar 15 2012, 06:27 AM) View Post

DVD-R is universally readable on all working Xbox DVD drives. Other disc types are very variable, and risky - the menu might load, but the content might not read properly. So yes, DVD-R is quite critical. smile.gif

Yes, it flashes all TSOP types. It doesn't get round the nausea with Sharp TSOPs (having to break and make connections in the middle of the process), but that's a hardware limitation.

You're welcome smile.gif

Ahh, i see. thanks for clearing that up.

so basically if i burn this onto a DVD-R even my crappy Thompson drives that have trouble reading CD-RW should be able to read the DVD-R discs?

because i believe out of the 3-4 Thompson drives i got only one of them seems to load from CD-RW during a cold boot and that sometimes takes a few attempts where as the rest just won't boot from CD-RW after many attempts.

also... when the discs install XBMC etc where do they go to anyways?

i ask because my custom x2.4981 i made has a boot order like this (which is on all of my TSOP'ed v1.0 XBox's), which i prefer to keep...

d:\default.xbe (like usual)
e:\xbmc\default.xbe
c:\unleashx.xbe
c:\avalaunch.xbe

does your disc make use of any of those? (i think nowadays XBMC is a good thing to make stock since i would guess many people are using their XBox's mainly for a media player nowadays more than games for those of us still using it. lol)

also... i see on their with the extracted 'StockFiles' folder... is that MS dash 5960.03? (because the dashboard i got on my PC that's stock is 5960.01 which seems to work fine on my v1.6 XBox but i thought i heard that 5960.03 might be needed for a v1.6b XBox?, but i am not sure on that)

but i guess i mostly have a few questions as i might consider remaking the disc with updated XBMC and a few other tweaks like using my custom x2.4981 instead of the 'x2.4981.06.bin' that's on the disc which has a boot order of...

c:\evoxdash.xbe
e:\Dash\UnleashX\unleashx.xbe
e:\Dashboard\default.xbe

also... will this disc even allow a bios flash without the 'BiosIDs'? , as i see "(256) x2.4981.06 HeXEn=535C802FACCD1CE56F62216BC649F92F" which i assume the program checks in relation to that x2.4981.06 bios as that's the same MD5 i see when i load that file into XBtool (which is made for customization of x2.4981)

so i guess i am mainly concerned with getting the disc to format the drive and flash my particular custom x2.4981.06 bios to ANY TSOP from XBox v1.0-1.5 as after that's done i can just ftp in and setup the rest myself manually wink.gif

p.s. because what i currently have for preparing a fresh drive etc is a Evox CD-RW boot disc which quickly formats the partitions etc and then after that's done i power off system and then boot the avalaunch CD-RW boot disc and then manually ftp in and transfer the files to their correct places.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2012, 06:53:00 AM »

I haven't modified any of the BIOSes - they all come with their standard dash locations, one of which is always C:\evoxdash.xbe. HeXEn, like ALL installation discs, assumes that one of the default dash locations in the BIOS is C:\evoxdash.xbe. It's the closest to a standard configuration that exists in the Xbox world. If you want to change it then that's fine, but lots of the features on HeXEn (like dash switching) simply won't work if the dash is somewhere else, so be prepared for a whole pile of changes - it's not as simple as just putting another BIOS on there.

HeXEn installs XBMC in E:\Apps\XBMC (or F:\Apps\XBMC). If you want it as your primary dash it puts a shortcut at C:\evoxdash.xbe. Again, that's the nearest there is to a standard installation for XBMC.

The BIOS IDs have nothing to do with flashing. They're used to identify the running BIOS.

X2.4981 doesn't support on-disk partition tables. You should really use Evox M8+, iND-BIOS.5003 or X2.5035 for maximum compatibility with large disks.

ThaCrip

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2012, 07:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Mar 15 2012, 07:53 AM) View Post

I haven't modified any of the BIOSes - they all come with their standard dash locations, one of which is always C:\evoxdash.xbe. HeXEn, like ALL installation discs, assumes that one of the default dash locations in the BIOS is C:\evoxdash.xbe. It's the closest to a standard configuration that exists in the Xbox world. If you want to change it then that's fine, but lots of the features on HeXEn (like dash switching) simply won't work if the dash is somewhere else, so be prepared for a whole pile of changes - it's not as simple as just putting another BIOS on there.

HeXEn installs XBMC in E:\Apps\XBMC (or F:\Apps\XBMC). If you want it as your primary dash it puts a shortcut at C:\evoxdash.xbe. Again, that's the nearest there is to a standard installation for XBMC.

The BIOS IDs have nothing to do with flashing. They're used to identify the running BIOS.

X2.4981 doesn't support on-disk partition tables. You should really use Evox M8+, iND-BIOS.5003 or X2.5035 for maximum compatibility with large disks.

i could have sworn the x2.4981 file i downloaded from xbins has a different boot order than the one on that installation disc.

also, i am pretty sure the x2.5035 is changed also as the x2.5035 i got from xbins (which is as official download place you can get) the x2config.ini has this in there (June 7th 2005 1:37pm (untouched date))...

dash1Name = c:avalaunch.xbe
dash2Name = c:evoxdash.xbe
dash3Name = c:unleashx.xbe
dash4Name = c:xbmc.xbe
dash5Name = c:xboxdash.xbe

which i assume is what the x2.5035 bios defaults to if the x2config.ini is missing on E partition.

but like i was saying... as long as the disc boot and can flash any bios file i put on it to a v1.0-1.5 TSOP then the rest i won't have trouble with once i get FTP access to the XBox's hard drive through the boot disc.

also.... i guess main reason i avoid 'evoxdash.xbe' in my custom x2.4981 boot is that FTP wise it seems to require configuration of the FTP through PC prior to loading it as where as UnleashX (or Avalaunch) you can adjust FTP settings right from the screen in it's options.

p.s. i could go back to x2.5035 with the x2config.ini on E partition but i guess i preferred the quicker boot up of x2.4981 and it's more permanent with what it will load up where as if something happens with the hard drive and the x2config.ini etc gets messed up it could be a bit of a issue but i i guess the more i think about it... i might consider going back to x2.5035 since even if that where to happen and i lose my E:\XBMC\Default.xbe boot up it will still see my avalaunch.xbe/unleashx.xbe files on C by default that are hard coded into the BIOS if the x2config.ini is not available which if that happens i can simply FTP in and fix it and then XBMC will be good again.

but thanks for that BIOS ID thing wink.gif

as far as the maximum compatibility... i thought with XB partitioner it cures any data corruption issues by making the cluster size bigger? , or are you saying x2.4981 ignores what XB Partitioner does to the partition with the large cluster sizes when i use hard drives over 250GB?

also large discs i assume you mean over around 250GB? (because i thought i remember reading somewhere that once you exceed 256GB is when cluster sizes need to be adjusted otherwise you will get data corruption after that point)

Movax

• Recovered User
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2012, 10:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(ThaCrip @ Mar 15 2012, 09:21 AM) View Post

also.... i guess main reason i avoid 'evoxdash.xbe' in my custom x2.4981 boot is that FTP wise it seems to require configuration of the FTP through PC prior to loading it as where as UnleashX (or Avalaunch) you can adjust FTP settings right from the screen in it's options.

It doesn't matter which dash/app 'evoxdash.xbe' actually is.. it could be Coinops. The bios will load it first - by name only. If you want UnleashX rename it evoxdash.xbe. I believe HeXen renames dashboards as such when it installs them. (I haven't used it a lot.)

I prefer the XBMC Team shortcut, since you can change your dash by editing a text file, without utilizing any bios features/changes.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5