xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Linux  (Read 126 times)

Hackmodford

• Archived User
Linux
« on: June 18, 2008, 01:54:00 PM »

Okay I softmodded the Xbox got UnleashX, some emulators, Successfullly FTP.

Now my question is Linux. I'm thinking I should use Xebian because that way I can use Debian programs right? (I'm very very new to linux still) Basically I want to be able to fire up my xbox select Xebian from the menu in UnleashX and then run it from there. I don't want it to replace everything on the harddrive or anything like that. Is that possible?

ALMN8U

• Archived User
Linux
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 05:45:00 PM »

Hi there,

umm after alot of trying, I found X-DSL was the easiest for me, it can be installed in a way that you can use Debian programs too.

Downloads here:
http://sourceforge.n...?group_id=54192

Install methods here:
http://www.x-dsl.org...Install_Methods

hope this helps you!! biggrin.gif

JordanQ

• Archived User
Linux
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 05:45:00 PM »

ALMN8U i totally agree 100%

i just downloaded from * the place* (given on the wiki page)

and burnt the iso, it only took 47 seconds to burn the iso, and i popped it into my XB and BAM went through all the setup pages (it practicaly does it for you) also, when it ask you to choose the resolution don't choose the ones with p at the end, because i did and it didn't show anything i had to reboot my xbox and pick the 600x800 (i even have an HDTV and it still didn't work)

but you can't go wrong i just burnt it with "burnatonce" and didn't change any settings just right click the iso and normally where it says "open" it said "burnatonce" and i clicked it, then put a blank cd-r in and off it went. and also, the xbox recongnizes it as a game so you can open dvd2xbox or dvd2hdd and hit copy to hdd, but make sure you copy it to your "e" partition because if you copy it some where else, it will erase the drive. yeah, so good luck and i hope its as easy for you as it was for me.

This post has been edited by JordanQ: Jul 10 2008, 12:45 AM

DeskArt

• Archived User
Linux
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 05:11:00 PM »

X-DSL may look incredibly boring, but it works great.  Definitely what I'd suggest.