xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Linux Distro  (Read 177 times)

a flute

• Archived User
Linux Distro
« on: November 11, 2006, 07:11:00 PM »

I'm looking at throwing a linux distro on my x-box for possible occasional web browsing. Of all of the ones available (www.xbox-linux.org) which do you use or which is considered to be the best? i want to use it for surfing the web, preferably at a fairly high speed. I've been looking at x-dsl because it looks like it would probably do the trick but i was wondering if there was another distro that I should consider

This post has been edited by a flute: Nov 12 2006, 03:14 AM

The Zep Man

• Archived User
Linux Distro
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 11:17:00 AM »

If you just want to surf the web, use X-DSL with Firefox. There is no reason to use any other, often more bulkier, distribution.

I once had Xebian installed with an KDE desktop... man, that was a long journey. Don't try that at home. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

mormon night

• Archived User
Linux Distro
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 05:05:00 AM »

have you ever looked into linksboks? its a stand alone application for the xbox that lets you browse the web! as a matter of a fact im using it right now!

ganjatron

• Archived User
Linux Distro
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 02:30:00 PM »

Wow, that's amazing. How the f#ck do you read it???? Maybe it's because i'm on an hdtv, but the text for me is about 2 microns high.

kinesis

• Archived User
Linux Distro
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 12:32:00 PM »

im on it now too. its good for basic stuff but its no good for music movies and downloads..