xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Duox2 Bios On Bank 0 Messed Up And Bank 1 Empty  (Read 384 times)

Heimdall

• Archived User
Duox2 Bios On Bank 0 Messed Up And Bank 1 Empty
« on: May 08, 2012, 07:13:00 PM »

STOP SHOUTING. IT'S TOTALLY UNNECESSARY.

And stop cross posting. One problem, one post.

You are lucky, simply because your Xbox is a 1.6. Boot with the eject button, install a Krayzie 1.1.1 gamesave softmod, then use the softmod to boot a boot/rescue disc (like HeXEN - Google Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc, burn it to DVD-R) and flash the right BIOS to the chip.

If your Xbox wasn't a 1.6 then you'd need a second working chip so you could hotswap the chip, or an external chip programmer.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 08:21:00 PM »

You need an original exploitable game and a memory card....

...and some punctuation.

Oh, and you might want to read the rules again, then edit your last post.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 02:15:00 AM »

The Xbox has to boot a modded dash so you can flash the chip. To do that you need a chip with a working BIOS, or a softmod. Your chip has no working BIOS........

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 04:20:00 PM »

Correct. smile.gif

bentheman

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 10:31:00 PM »

Heimdall... i just bought a new xbox already softmodded for 20$ and im going to unsolder the modchip and put it in the xbox i just bought both xbox's are ver 1.6 my question is this... can i just switch hdd and hope tht the softmod would work on my xbox with the modchip because i really dont want to un solder it and resolder it .....
if the softmodded hdd works in my xbox how would i flash bios to modchip if i can only power on via eject button because as u already know the modchip is disabled when i power on with the eject i already have eurasia pro generic disc and i have the bios but i not sure on how to do this man... I need your expetise

Thanks again

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 09:36:00 AM »

You cannot just swap the hard disks. because they have diferent locking passwords..
So you would need to install a lpc pin header on the new xbox, and do a lpc rebuild.
I would recomend using a new pin header + lpc rebuild rather than desoldering the old one,

however you do have other options..

because the xbox with the chip boots to ms when the chip is dissabled this means the hard disk is locked
You could (and this is a bit ionvolved now. but bear with me)
back up the softmodded xbox's eeprom to your pc (safest to do this)
take the soft modded xbox and unlock the drive.
get an eeprom reader/writer (buy or make one)
extract the eeprom info from the chiped xbox.
Lock the softmodded disk with the eeprom info extracted from the chipped xbox. (using xboxhdm)

then that hard disk would work on the chipped xbox..

You can then  either
re write the softmodded xbox's eeprom with the chipd xboxes eeprom. and that way they both have the same password. and both of your hard disks drives would be inter changeable.

or you could just unlock the softmodded xbox's hard disk again (using xboxhdm ) use the softmodded xbox's eeprom to  re lock thae soft modded xbox's hard disk so that drive will work on the softmodded xbox again.
That way you have 1 hard disk for 1 xbox. and they are not interchangable.

personaly..
i say get a diferent lpc header and rebuild its less work and safer than removing a lpc pin header from an xbox as you could damage the lpc constantly removing and resolering pin headers and lpc rebuilds.

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 09:03:00 PM »

dont see why not. you have 2 1.6 boxes so may aswell have 2 chips. And then you can hotswap.

bentheman

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 12:10:00 AM »

OK.. i got the softmod setup with the modchip
to flash modhip bios do i just run heimdalls xbox enginering disc then click on TSOP Flash/chipped xbox tools
and does the modchip have to be on and blinking red while in the softmod

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 11:25:00 AM »

are you booting from a working chip or from the softmod?
if your booting from a softmod you need to put the chip on the lpc header before you can flash it..
I would personaly do that when i see that its starting to boot the softmod bios should have been loaded to memory by then. The chip has to be connected fully so its probably best to have d0 connected and bt connected to ground on the chip so its always on. then when the xbox starts to boot properly attach the chip to the lps header,
then just flash as norma. (with the correct 1.6 bios)

bentheman

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 12:20:00 AM »

i get what ur sayin now take chip off header to boot soft mod once in softmod connect chip back on soo i dont boot the bad chip bios i think i get it now

thanks man

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 07:25:00 AM »

your bt point must be straped to a smd resister or to the back of the power buttoon for you to dual boot like that.
So you may want to strap bt to ground or pin 1 on the quick soler points on the chip.
(i think its pin 1, souble check that)
then the chip is always on and not dependant on a bt signal from a diferent button press.