xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: My X2.6 Lite Chip Died, Can Tsop Flash Using A Friends Identical Chip?  (Read 282 times)

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User

His modchip can't be used to flash your TSOP, but it can help you get on your way. What I would suggest, while you have usage of the chip, is to make sure your xbox has a clean set of M$dash C drive files (latest dash 5960). Then, make sure the HD in your xbox is locked. If not, lock it now. Then download a game save exploit, and FTP that to your xbox. Remove the modchip, and softmod your xbox. When this is done, you are ready to flash your TSOP with raincoat.

Alternatively, you may be able to use Hexen to install a softmod while the chip is still installed, power off, then remove the chip and boot the softmod, however I am no expert on Hexen, so I don't know how effective it will be at installing a softmod while a chip is in use. If it will work, this will be the easiest method.

golord

• Archived User
My X2.6 Lite Chip Died, Can Tsop Flash Using A Friends Identical Chip?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 10:25:00 AM »

Thank you guys, for getting back to me so quickly!  and for the advice! biggrin.gif
will post results thank you again.

just wondering , would building a new hdd from and old 10gb hdd for flashing it  using  "xboxhdm2.2 usb" be better the way to go, so i cant loose any info on the 250gb hdd that was in there?

AZImmortal

• Archived User
My X2.6 Lite Chip Died, Can Tsop Flash Using A Friends Identical Chip?
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 03:18:00 PM »

Sure, if you already have your EEPROM, then you can use XboxHDM to softmod your 10gb hard drive, but it's unlikely that using Hexen on your 250gb hard drive will result in any data loss. You can also use Hexen on your 10gb hard drive if it's currently unlocked or if it's locked to your Xbox's EEPROM.