xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: What Bios To Run Xbmc As A Dashboard?  (Read 204 times)

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
What Bios To Run Xbmc As A Dashboard?
« on: May 05, 2011, 12:25:00 AM »

There are many bios' that can do this, however I would suggest iND bios because you can customize the bios' features without having to re-flash a new bios image (re-flashing creates unnecessary risks) to the TSOP.

The iND bios comes with an ini file that you can edit to customize features (such as flubber color) and then place on the root of C (or E, I forget which). When the xbox is booted, the bios reads this file and then boots with the specified settings.

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 04:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ieracos @ May 5 2011, 10:44 PM) View Post

Thank you. I think I'll try iND bios. But just one more question: what about the Hard Disk? I have to re-lock it?
No. iND supports unlocked HD.
QUOTE(Ieracos @ May 5 2011, 10:44 PM) View Post

I have to format it in FATX and/or create a new xbox disk from scratch with XboxHDM, or I can just use FAT32 or other Unix filesystem?
I would suggest restoring the HD to stock state (clean set of M$ "C" drive files) at least.

The tough part is going to be getting cromwell off of the TSOP, and iND onto the TSOP. I can't remember how I did it (accidentally flashed it to my TSOP) years ago.

EDIT: I remember how I did it. You can take the linux files from a eurasia flash disc and copy them to the HD where your linux install is, whether it be C or E and overwrite the old files. This way, when the linux box boots, it will load eurasia instead of the old linux OS and flash back to hacked bios.

Ieracos

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 07:11:00 PM »

Thank you very much for your hints. At last I did it, and it works 100%!! XBMC is great and with iND-Bios I can still run Xbox games (original AND backup). I'm really enjoing it wink.gif
Clonig the HD from another Xbox took some time, but it was acceptable.

QUOTE(xboxmods2977 @ May 6 2011, 12:52 AM) View Post

The tough part is going to be getting cromwell off of the TSOP, and iND onto the TSOP. I can't remember how I did it (accidentally flashed it to my TSOP) years ago.

Oh, that was the easy part biggrin.gif There was Xebian on to my xbox, so (just like every linux xbox distro) there was raincoat too: flashing was a matter of seconds (about a dozen) wink.gif
However with cromwell (and iND of course) one can boot from live CD like X-DSL and flash the TSOP as well, same way.