xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help With Lba48 Update  (Read 272 times)

tedsouf

• Archived User
Help With Lba48 Update
« on: April 08, 2011, 03:26:00 AM »

First of all i did notice the similar thread about lba48 a few lines down but i didn't find anything usefull and we don't have the same problem so to have everything clear i created a new one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

So down to business..I really need some help guys.I've been searching for days and i still can't find anything solid for my problem.
The thing is that i have a 320G hd and i can see only about 120G.The xbox is hardmoded and my only dashboard is XBMC.
Since i bought it used and it was allredy moded i can't be sure about either the chip nor the version(1.6 or 1.6b ?).Anyway the info i get from the bios checker are the following:

CHIP TYPE-> LPC based (SST 49LF020)
Using genuine BIOS -> Evox M8 (1.6)
BIOS MD5 Hash -> 698DCE62605BBBD29A1149F83F63F0F0

So i need to patch my bios with EVtools to get the lba48 support and then use XBpartitioner to format the G drive to 32 clusters (format only the G cos i'll use the 67 set up where G takes the rest of the drive).
The thing is that i can't find my bios anywhere in the xbox to patch it.I'm guessing that it is not named bios and it's a xbe file not a bin right?Anyway i did find a m8 bios but i'm not sure it's the right one.And moreover when i do get the bios and patch it how do i put/flash it to the xbox?I don't want to format anything other than the G drive and XBMC doesn't seem to have a flash function and i guess it's not as easy as a copy & paste.
If it helps i have an app called phoenix bios loader but i don't know how to use it.

Anyways thanks for reading and any help would be really appreciated.

Heimdall

• Archived User
Help With Lba48 Update
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 03:58:00 AM »

Phoenix BIOS loader is a BIOS loader, not a flasher.

Your BIOS is in the chip, not on the Xbox disk - that's why you can't find it to patch it!

If your Xbox is a 1.6 then you need Evox M8+1.6 - but check your Xbox version to make sure you get the right BIOS version for your Xbox. You flash it with Evox dash (install it as an application in E:\Apps\Evox\, put the Evox M8+ BIOS in E:\Apps\Evox\BIOS\, run Evox, select the flashing option from the menu). You don't need to worry about patching 06/67, because once you format the drive with XBPartitioner 1.1 then the BIOS will read the disk partitioning setup from the on-disk partition table.

tedsouf

• Archived User
Help With Lba48 Update
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 04:31:00 AM »

Wow thanks for the imediate reply bro.Should of figured that the bios was in the chip (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)  .I'll do as you suggested but i guess i still have to patch the bios with evtools right?
Plus,i'm sure that i have a 1.6 version just not sure if its 1.6 or 1.6b.Does it matter?And by that i mean if i choose the wrong one could i do something nasty to the xbox from which to recover will take a full format?

Heimdall

• Archived User
Help With Lba48 Update
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 04:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Apr 8 2011, 10:58 AM) View Post
You don't need to worry about patching 06/67

1.6/1.6b use the same BIOS. If your Xbox isn't a 1.6 and you flash a 1.6 BIOS then you'll need a new chip, not a reformat.

tedsouf

• Archived User
Help With Lba48 Update
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 05:05:00 AM »

Ok great!Many thanks brother,really appreciate it.I'll let you know once i try it!
Cheers

tedsouf

• Archived User
Help With Lba48 Update
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 04:21:00 AM »

Ok, it took me a while to find some time to get on with the xbox again,and i downloaded the auto installer deluxe v452.I updated the installer with the bios files and used the bios flasher to flash.I chose evox m8 1.6 plus 137+ but i was unable to flash cos i got an error message saying can not read bios file.wtf??
Plus i'm not so sure that i have a 1.6 xbox.I assume i do because the bios checker says that i use ''Using genuine BIOS -> Evox M8 (1.6)''.So in theory my xbox is 1.6 otherwise it wouldn't run with the above bios right?
Any ideas why i get this message?Ichecked the dvd and the bioses are there.I copied them to the hdd as well.In my second try i renamed the folders (they were created automatically by AID) to bios.I even created the 45000d folder in udata on e drive as i read somewhere that this is where evox is looking for the files.
Any help apreciated..

tedsouf

• Archived User
Help With Lba48 Update
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 03:33:00 AM »

Bump!

tedsouf

• Archived User
Help With Lba48 Update
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 02:18:00 AM »

In case anybody is still reading this i opened up my xbox and made sure that it was 1.6.After that i did as Heimdall sugested
flash it with Evox dash (install it as an application in E:\Apps\Evox\, put the Evox M8+ BIOS in E:\Apps\Evox\BIOS\, run Evox, select the flashing option from the menu).
and bam! i did it.Fortunately everything worked out ok and it was easier than i imagined.I still can't understand why AID wasn't working though..
Now i'm trying to find a way to utilize the g drive without having to format the f.
Any ideas?

ewzzy

• Archived User
Help With Lba48 Update
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2011, 11:11:00 AM »

I'm in a similar position. I have an softmodded Xbox 1.0 that I just installed a 320gb drive into. I got it second hand a few years ago pre-soft modded. At least I think it was soft modded. It had been taken apart before so it may have been hard modded.

Here's what XBMC says about my drive:
(IMG:https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-vZQsynNCpb8/TeEQXaVU7BI/AAAAAAAANjU/jfwuApmZ1iY/s800/screenshot000.jpg)

When I boot with the tray open it loads into this:
(IMG:https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-m-DghXSDqCg/TeEW5vhOskI/AAAAAAAANjY/VNXi6R05LDs/s800/2011-05-28_11-35-22_17.jpg)

I guess I have a few questions:

How can I tell if my Xbox has been hard modded?
If I use the 296gb partition will I get data corruption after 137gb?
What do I need to do to avoid said data corruption?

I heard that may need to flash new bios and re-partition the drive. How would I go about doing those things?

For more info here is the info provided be the dashboard:

(IMG:https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-t_r9ncbawgU/TeEXJErFWFI/AAAAAAAANjk/zfT-KWdB3ao/s800/2011-05-28_11-36-20_307.jpg)
(IMG:https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-HeXfRF9e98s/TeEXP6GNCuI/AAAAAAAANjs/mk2KAD7qezg/s800/2011-05-28_11-36-32_752.jpg)
(IMG:https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-UrgrZmy3ePA/TeEXXVhlI4I/AAAAAAAANjw/XkOuCpbw_es/s800/2011-05-28_11-36-39_77.jpg)
(IMG:https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-urS7s7T6r_A/TeEXfVr2IAI/AAAAAAAANj0/S7C3ed26mCs/s800/2011-05-28_11-36-46_571.jpg)

Heimdall

• Archived User
Help With Lba48 Update
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2011, 06:35:00 PM »

You aren't in a similar position at all, because you don't flash BIOSes on a softmodded Xbox.

Your Xbox is softmodded with SID. I can't tell which version from the picture you posted, but all recent versions of SID have LBA48 support.

You need to format your F partition with XBPartitioner 1.1 to set the cluster size properly, then you need to check the cluster size - see the link in my signature for details. If XBPartitioner 1.1 complains about lack of LBA48 support then you need to update your softmod. The easiest way to do that is with HeXEN (Heimdall's Xbox Engineering disc).

ewzzy

• Archived User
Help With Lba48 Update
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2011, 08:01:00 PM »

Thanks for the tip! I used EvoX and a little match to check my cluster size. I came up with 32kb. Is that the appropriate size? I ran XBpartitioner but didn't actually use it to partition anything. I didn't get any errors or notifications when starting it up. Everything seems to be working as it's supposed to. If so, I got lucky when I bought this thing used.

Heimdall

• Archived User
Help With Lba48 Update
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2011, 09:30:00 AM »

32kb clusters is fine for a 256-512GB partition, and if XBPartitioner 1.1 fired up happily then you have LBA48 support, so you're good to go. smile.gif

ewzzy

• Archived User
Help With Lba48 Update
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 11:31:00 AM »

Thanks for all the help. Everything is working fine and I've already backed up all of my games onto it.