xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: X2 Bios Errors In Ev8+?  (Read 204 times)

kolosus

• Archived User
X2 Bios Errors In Ev8+?
« on: February 03, 2020, 12:57:00 PM »

I have a TSOPed xbox.

When using the x2 bios (4981) if there is an error, the error screen is different than from the original bios. On the x2 the error screen gives the error number but the 'contact service' message in different languages is replaced with a more useful layout where the error codes are explained.

You can see the error screen of x2 on this page (scroll down)
http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?p=248401

Now I've started using M8+, because it has support for my wild partitioning scheme, but the error screen is the plain vanilla one from the original bios.

Is it possible to change the M8 error screen to the x2 error screen? Swap them out so to speak. I unpacked the bios but all it did was gave me a few .img files and I have no clue on how to proceed.

Thanks for you help, suggestions and random thoughts.

Heimdall

• Archived User
X2 Bios Errors In Ev8+?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 01:22:00 PM »

No - at least not without a huge amount of reverse engineering and manual machine code hacking.

Not that I can understand why you'd want it - you shouldn't see error messages too frequently, and they're not exactly difficult to remember when they do occur!

kolosus

• Archived User
X2 Bios Errors In Ev8+?
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 05:03:00 PM »

It was just a thought. I was hoping it would be a point and click and type solution...

Apparently not. Well when the end is far too much work than living with the problem...

I'm perfectly happy with the way its all set up now. I have loads of space. Most of the games that I'd want and movies to put any collection to shame.