xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help Plox  (Read 237 times)

Heimdall

• Archived User
Help Plox
« on: November 14, 2010, 06:07:00 AM »

Flashbios neither knows nor cares about your current BIOS.

Are you flashing a chip or a TSOP? If it's a chip, which one? Which Xbox version? What error message are you getting from Flashbios? Are you flashing a BIOS via FTP, or from the hard drive, or from a DVD?

Heimdall

• Archived User
Help Plox
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 07:47:00 PM »

DVD2Xbox doesn't tell you anything about the chip - those are just options, not information. If you aren't certain, open the Xbox and have a look, because the chip dictates what BIOSes you can run, and also some chips need to be set up in particular ways.

For example, I'm fairly certain that if you have a Smartxx v3 you will get the Smartxx menu when you boot with the power button. If you do have a Smartxx v3 then you can use X2.5035 as your BIOS. You can also flash using the onboard O/S instead of a third party application - in fact you have to use the Smartxx O/S to set up the BIOS banks.

How big is your hard drive? F/G split used to be needed for disks larger than 137GB, but isn't really necessary now until the disk is 1TB or more. If you do have a large drive and want F/G then with a recent BIOS you can just reformat the F/G partitions with XBPartitioner 1.1 and the BIOS will read the partition table from the disk - no need to reflash.

Heimdall

• Archived User
Help Plox
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 03:55:00 AM »

Buy a tool. There's no way round this, if you want to be sure about what you are doing you need to know which chip you have.

Also, start here and read (all of the buttons on the left-hand side) until you get to the section about how you can use the front panel buttons to boot to the Smartxxx menu. If none of the options works then you can be fairly certain that you don't have a Smartxx.

If the disk is 38GB then it's 38GB (it's probably a nominal 40GB disk), so you don't need to worry about F/G.

Heimdall

• Archived User
Help Plox
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 02:14:00 PM »

The drive is 38GB. You can't magically make it have more space for a G partition.

You could install a larger drive, but I'd strongly suggest that you work out how it's modded and get it working properly first, before you start introducing more variables into the equation.

Heimdall

• Archived User
Help Plox
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 02:57:00 PM »

Under the DVD drive.

Heimdall

• Archived User
Help Plox
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 03:12:00 PM »

Ever heard of Google?

Heimdall

• Archived User
Help Plox
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 04:17:00 PM »

That's a bad idea. Sort out the chip and the BIOS first. It won't get any easier if you also have a new hard drive to deal with as well.

Chariot

• Archived User
Help Plox
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 06:32:00 PM »

Well i tried to pull the thompson drive out but i could only get the left to come up and the right side of the drive wouldnt even budge so i couldnt see what the chip was.

The IND-bios 5003 is working fine, i was using the ind_bios_config_app0.4.29 and changed the intro colors, that app is epic lol love.gif