xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bios Selector  (Read 246 times)

Heimdall

• Archived User
Bios Selector
« on: September 19, 2010, 04:22:00 PM »

Why? What are you trying to achieve?

QUOTE(Team Xlink @ Sep 19 2010, 09:29 PM) View Post
Auto Power On
How do you imagine this would work? The Xbox sits there doing nothing, then turns on at a predetermined time? Dream on!

Heimdall

• Archived User
Bios Selector
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 06:28:00 PM »

That's a hardware function, not a BIOS function. The BIOS isn't running until the Xbox is powered on. To achieve that you need to do some soldering.

Why do you want to be able to run two BIOSes?

SnappyCrunch

• Archived User
Bios Selector
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 01:58:00 AM »

If you hardwire together the two wires that go to the power switch, it'll turn on as soon as power is applied, and stay on until you unplug it.

If you want to run dual bioses, you need a full modchip with dual bios functionality. A TSOP flash will only boot one bios at a time. You'd have to re-flash to get another bios.

You can't remove the hdd check or DVD check with a softmod. Those are done in the bios, so you'll need to flash a custom bios for that fuctionality.

I believe that all custom bioses remove the hdd check, and most have the option to skip the DVD check. I suggest iND-BIOS 5003 if you're not sure which you want, and you still want to play xbox games.

Lastly, I heavily recommend that you do a lot of research. The info on all this is scattered around, very difficult to find, and has evolved a lot over the years. Without doing a lot of research, it's almost certain that you will screw something up and turn your xbox into a paperweight.

Team Xlink

• Archived User
Bios Selector
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 02:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(SnappyCrunch @ Sep 25 2010, 03:58 AM) View Post

If you hardwire together the two wires that go to the power switch, it'll turn on as soon as power is applied, and stay on until you unplug it.

If you want to run dual bioses, you need a full modchip with dual bios functionality. A TSOP flash will only boot one bios at a time. You'd have to re-flash to get another bios.

You can't remove the hdd check or DVD check with a softmod. Those are done in the bios, so you'll need to flash a custom bios for that fuctionality.

I believe that all custom bioses remove the hdd check, and most have the option to skip the DVD check. I suggest iND-BIOS 5003 if you're not sure which you want, and you still want to play xbox games.

Lastly, I heavily recommend that you do a lot of research. The info on all this is scattered around, very difficult to find, and has evolved a lot over the years. Without doing a lot of research, it's almost certain that you will screw something up and turn your xbox into a paperweight.

Thank you!

I have successfully flashed my Xbox with iND-BIOS 5003, but I have a problem.

My Xbox was soft modded and now when it boots, it goes to a black screen I can still boot games and I have ftp access with one of my Mechassault saves, how do I go about fixing this?

I plan on installing an 80gb hard drive (Thats the largest I have, and it doesn't need to be locked.

Should I just create a new hard drive?

If so, what files do I put on there?

I know next to nothing about how mod chips and bios work, I'm unsure what I need to do, before I always have used soft mods.

Thank you.

I figured it out!

Thank you.

Heimdall

• Archived User
Bios Selector
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 02:53:00 PM »

You have to edit ind-bios.cfg to point to where you want your dash to be, then put ind-bios.cfg on C:\ and your preferred dash in the location you specified in ind-bios.cfg. You can set ind-bios.cfg up to look for multiple dashes if you want.

Heimdall

• Archived User
Bios Selector
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 05:21:00 PM »

No. You have a flashed Xbox, so you can just drop in a new disk, boot with Slayers and use it to set up the new disk, use FTP to install ind-bios.cfg on C:\ and your dash on E:\, then use XBPartitioner 1.1 to format the F/G partitions. That's the big advantage  of chipped / flashed Xboxes.

No.

SnappyCrunch

• Archived User
Bios Selector
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 09:43:00 PM »

With almost every custom BIOS, you don't need to worry about whether the hard drive is locked. You can just put the hard drive in fresh out of the box, boot from a disc like the Auto-Installer Disc (AID), and prep everything that way.