xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Modfying Boot Animation ?  (Read 229 times)

BladeWing

• Archived User
Modfying Boot Animation ?
« on: September 02, 2010, 07:14:00 AM »

Ok, i dug out my old modified Xbox that has unleashX and some other dashboards. I was looking around to see how i change the animation. A couple of programs do it, but which is the best and lets me change everything ??

I wanna do the animation colors, as well as the "Logo" screen. And maybe make it possible to boot from an unsigned dashboard disc incase of problems.

Anyone have anything to say on any of that ?

And if possible, links please, i DID find some tools, but they seem to be curropted.

I THINK my xbox is 1.6, but i honestly have no clue.

ALSO, one final thing, but how DO i dump the bios on the Xbox ?? Also, flashing it ? I no longer have those exploitable games, so i dont know if i still need them. I've been away from the OXbox scene for a LONG time now XD

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 12:08:00 PM »

You have described the Xecutor 2 5035 bios. It can do all of those things and WITHOUT the hassle of having to use tools to get your desired effects. Plus, in case of a catastrophe, is has the ability to boot from a DVD containing  any dash, as long as it has been renamed to rescue.xbe and even if the "Boot from DVD" option is disabled in your config file.

What version is your xbox for sure and how is it modified?

BladeWing

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 01:46:00 PM »

Im not sure exactly which version xbox i have actually, but i DO know i am using a softmod. I used the Splinter Cell exploit to soft mod it.

Also, i did not have to solder TSOP, if that helps.

Edit : I have a 1024 sized Bios.Bin from backing up with EvoX, but Ind-BiOS says its wrong. What ?

Edit2 : Thanks to EvoX, i found out my current Bios is a

"
BIOS Version                       (256)Retail 5838.01
Kernel Version                       1.00.5838.01

"

Im assuming your telling me to get the Xecutor 2.5035 bios ? Its gonna be trouble for me because Xbins will not run for me. Is it possible to get the bios PM'ed to me ?

f34rther34pr

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 02:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(BladeWing @ Sep 2 2010, 02:46 PM) View Post

Im not sure exactly which version xbox i have actually, but i DO know i am using a softmod. I used the Splinter Cell exploit to soft mod it.

Also, i did not have to solder TSOP, if that helps.

Edit : I have a 1024 sized Bios.Bin from backing up with EvoX, but Ind-BiOS says its wrong. What ?

i believe its the v1 and v1.1 that can hav a 1024k bios, so u probably hav a 1 or 1.1. another way 2 tell is to open it up and on ur motherboard see if u hav this board sticking out that the controller ports connect to. also if the psu connector is 12-pin then u hav a v1 or v1.1.

BladeWing

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 02:17:00 PM »

I just found something, that my retail bios is from a v1.6 though ?

http://forums.xbox-s....php/t8980.html

I'll open the box right now and find out

Edit : I just checked it, the box is V1.6

Nextelhalo

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 04:25:00 PM »

If you have a 1.6 xbox and it's softmodded.....you have the retail bios on your xbox.

1. your xbox does not have a TSOP chip and cannot be flashed with an alternate BIOS.
2. If you want to run an alternate bios you will need a mod chip.
3. I'm not 100% sure about this but I dont think that you can change the flubber colors on startup
but you can change the start up dashboard if you want on softmods.

Hope this helps you alittle bit. AGAIN, you cannot use a different BIOS on the xbox unless you have a mod-chip.

BladeWing

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 04:27:00 PM »

AWH sad.gif just my friggin luck !!

Sigh, oh well, thanks anyway guys !

If mods wish, they may close the thread i guess ! sad.gif

Nextelhalo

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 04:49:00 PM »

Dont be down homey, atleast you've got a modded xbox still tongue.gif

Why not just slap on a chip?

BladeWing

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 03:12:00 AM »

Well chips are expensive still. and im in debt with my parents after €200 was stolen from the house XD

I guess i'll be fine with what i have happy.gif XBMC+UnleashX+EvoX happy.gif

OliG

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 08:48:00 AM »

You could buy an old xbox off ebay for less than a tenner and even less if you find one with a faulty DVD drive or something and swap it out with the one you have. If you make sure you get an old one you can TSOP it (use conductive paint if your not that handy with a soldering iron) and then modify the flubber screen using different BIOS's.