xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Where Can I Find The "xbox" Text.x Sample  (Read 1625 times)

MasterGouken

• Recovered User
Where Can I Find The "xbox" Text.x Sample
« on: December 20, 2008, 07:33:00 PM »

Ive been searching for around 4 hours now and i am unable to find the template "sample" referred to in the xbox text tutorial pdf.
I have 3ds max 8 and deep exploration and would like to change the xbox text in my bios (X2 4981.67) but i cant find the text template (just a few dead links).
Does anyone know where i can find it or does anyone have it please? I just want to customise the bios (yes i know i could just use an evox m8 bios but thats too easy).

Thanks in advance  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by MasterGouken: Dec 21 2008, 03:34 AM

MasterGouken

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 08:30:00 AM »

Wow, no one still has this tiny file? In case i wasnt clear, its the 3dsmax sample template i need, the 3d model of the xbox text (and if anyone has a working link for deep exploration 2.1 -not 3.5- i would appreciate that too)

thanks in advance...

ldotsfan

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 06:30:00 AM »

Try archive.org , obscure stuff like Xbox FLIRT file can be found through this means.

MasterGouken

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 07:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(ldotsfan @ Jun 20 2009, 01:30 PM) View Post

Try archive.org , obscure stuff like Xbox FLIRT file can be found through this means.

Thanks, tried that but no luck  sad.gif

kurse76

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 08:52:00 PM »

heres a 3dsmax file with 'xbox' text ready for you to change,if this is what you want

xbox.max - 0.14MB

MasterGouken

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 09:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(kurse76 @ Sep 1 2009, 03:52 AM) View Post

heres a 3dsmax file with 'xbox' text ready for you to change,if this is what you want

xbox.max - 0.14MB

Thanks, i'll take a look at it when i get home. I hope its what im after smile.gif

GoTeamScotch

• Recovered User
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 09:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(MasterGouken @ Oct 9 2009, 08:07 PM) View Post

Thanks, i'll take a look at it when i get home. I hope its what im after smile.gif

Hey would you mind making me one too if its not too hard? I was thinking something that just says 'GoTeamScotch'. I tried looking into this a while back and I got lost real quick  sad.gif
I got my flubber and X screen all tricked out but never got far enough to edit models.

If not maybe you could give me tips on where to start?

MasterGouken

• Recovered User
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 10:25:00 AM »

Well its not the exact one used in the tutorials but i may be able to use it as a template. Thanks anyway!

@goteamscotch: i think that would work out to be too many vertices, its best to keep the word as short as possible or it would be unreadable or just simply wouldnt work. If you want to get into bios model editing you'll need 3dsmax 8 and Deep Exploration. Theres a tut somewhere, if i can find the link i'll post it.

EDIT: Here: http://www.tdubel.co...xt_Tutorial.pdf

@kboxmod: thats shorter and should be more possible to create. I'll try making one using this template first, then if it works out i'll try to make you one. Its been a while since i last did this though lol (early 2004!).

The problem with modifying an x2 bios this way is the vertice limits. If you want a more complex boot logo/text i suggest trying a iND bios (such as 5003) which doesnt rely on vertices (i think bitmaps can be used which is much easier!)

MasterGouken

• Recovered User
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2009, 05:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(KboxMod @ Oct 21 2009, 09:55 PM) View Post

I have my xbox v1.4 flashed tsop bios flashed with ind-bios 5003, I just don't know how to make the "xbox" text. The mslogo can be a bitmap, but the "X" or "xbox" have to be .x files.

Sorry i wasnt aware of that as i only really use x2 4981.06 or .67 bios's. if they have to be .x files its easy enough (as the bios doesnt have a limit on vertices if i recall correctly) to create your own. Theres a thread here where someone posted some files that you might like to take a look at:

http://forums.xbox-s...o...652803&st=0

MasterGouken

• Recovered User
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2009, 08:34:00 AM »

Well i tried to open that xbox.max in 3dsmax 6 but it wont open as it appears to have been made in 3dsmax 7 or above  sad.gif  thanks anyway Kurse76.
I tried opening it in 3dsmax 9 which worked but when i click on the curved icon (as per the tutorial) it doesnt bring up the text editing options  huh.gif
What i really need is the tutorials original XBOXTEXT.max as shown in the tutorial pdf here:
http://www.tdubel.co...xt_Tutorial.pdf
Its literally the mesh model of the xbox text from the bios - if i new how to extract the model from the bios that would help but i think thats beyond me...

If ANYONE has it please post a link (all the old links are dead!)

rocky5

• Recovered User
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2009, 07:22:00 PM »

To make the models i used Rhino 3 and still do to this date a deep explorer 3.5 must be that version.

then i create models using an image as a template then use the point to point curves to make the shape then attach single mesh to each point to make the model hole then export to a format that deep explorer can handle then flip the faces so the point down this is a must for it to show on the screen then save as X format.

Here is one of my files all files are included so feel free to do as you want with it.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qgthcu

MasterGouken

• Recovered User
Re: Where Can I Find The "xbox" Text.x Sample
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2021, 12:56:16 AM »

Necro I know but I managed to find the template file (thanks to KaosEngineer on another forum) which was on wayback machine.
Hopefully this will help others, file is attached :)

kaos_engr

• Recovered User
Re: Where Can I Find The "xbox" Text.x Sample
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2021, 03:26:46 AM »

There's also another one I, kaos_engr  aka KaosEngineer & KaosEngineeer, found on the Wayback Machine.

SAMPLE.x  attached in the ZIP archive below:

« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 03:31:03 AM by kaos_engr »