xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help Re-flashing An X2 Bios  (Read 38 times)

LiquidICE

• Archived User
Help Re-flashing An X2 Bios
« on: October 04, 2006, 12:54:00 PM »

X2 5035 is the newest, it is stable. As for the X2config.ini, I just have it in my E: drive so I can edit when I want......so when you reflash, don't inject the .ini with it.

Jhonny0099

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 01:51:00 PM »

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what do you mean by "don't inject the .ini file?"

I guess my main question is, can I just flash my chip and  edit the .ini later if I want to, or do I HAVE to have an .ini file BEFORE for the flash to work and let me boot? Do I even need an .ini file if I don't plan on editing it? I think I'm going to use x2config to make an .ini file and put it on my E: before flashing just to be sure. This is the correct thing to do, right?

Thanks

LiquidICE

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 02:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(Jhonny0099 @ Oct 4 2006, 02:58 PM) View Post

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what do you mean by "don't inject the .ini file?"

I guess my main question is, can I just flash my chip and  edit the .ini later if I want to, or do I HAVE to have an .ini file BEFORE for the flash to work and let me boot? Do I even need an .ini file if I don't plan on editing it? I think I'm going to use x2config to make an .ini file and put it on my E: before flashing just to be sure. This is the correct thing to do, right?

Thanks

X2 5035 comes with the .ini. So there is no use making one, just edit it with notepad. No, you don't need an .ini config file, it will just load up defaults. Yes, you can edit the .ini later after you flash, just put it on your E: drive. What I'am trying to say with the inject part, don't flash the .ini within the bios......Just flash X2 5035 then put .ini in E:.

Jhonny0099

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 06:22:00 AM »

Thanks for your help. I got eveything all set up.