xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Tutorial: How To Install 'mechinstaller' Manually  (Read 1817 times)

BluhDeBluh

• Archived User
Tutorial: How To Install 'mechinstaller' Manually
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2003, 03:11:00 PM »

QUOTE (Jezz_X @ Nov 2 2003, 12:58 AM)
I'd like to point out that these fonts work for the 1.3.5i version of PBL as it looks for the bg.jpg image in the folder so if your using version 1.3 like me you will need to create that file

Hrm still cant get these ones to work only XboxHakurs work for me

I've got all 3 exploits working fine smile.gif Bigfonts, Pheonix (MechInstaller-EvoX) and Audio are all installed. blink.gif

I've edited my original tutorial to make a note - I assumed that all version of PBL would include the file but it seems not and config.cfg won't work as it's filename it too long sad.gif

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2003, 03:17:00 PM »

Well all versions of PBL contain boot.cfg and I'm curious is the reason its not working for me is its now looking for "Pheonix Bios loader" and not "Tux! L i n u x" because the xbe still says that from xboxhakurs fonts

LESTAT

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2003, 04:51:00 PM »

nailed,, open your bat file that you run for signing and add
@pause
at the beginning and the end..

now run it., and watch as certain parts fail and then in the end it says FAIL FAIL FAIL
it will say that it failed. for any xbe that has been patched already. with audio or habibi or something other than what you are currently trying to patch with.

if you dont add the @pause at the end at least,,,, then it will just flash the command prompt and disappear and you cant see anything,, so you cant tell if it failed or not. and it STILL gives you an out.xbe even when it fails.

pmh

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2003, 06:47:00 PM »

So when are we going to see this up on the usuale places? Just curious. Good work by the way  smile.gif

Kyro

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2003, 07:34:00 PM »

great work, it s working flawlessly wink.gif

now we have the advantages of the audio exploit (ms dashboard at xbox boot, and control the start of the exploit to launch pbl then evox)

and the audio ripping ability to allow to listen to our favorites music in the games allowing it, awsome ! wink.gif

LESTAT

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2003, 08:36:00 PM »

QUOTE (Kyro @ Nov 2 2003, 05:34 AM)
great work, it s working flawlessly wink.gif

now we have the advantages of the audio exploit (ms dashboard at xbox boot, and control the start of the exploit to launch pbl then evox)

and the audio ripping ability to allow to listen to our favorites music in the games allowing it, awsome ! wink.gif

dont get me wrong, this is kickin.,
but that statement, well i just dont get it,, im using bert and ernie reloaded with PBL and i can do all of that,,
boot up  pbl loads,,, evox loads,, then i choose "MS Dashboard" from evox.

the same thing you do,,, just in reverse.

and i still dont get how its an audio hack when the installer uses the font hack.(sorry im a retard,, i just dont get the whole audio thing, just cuz your signing it with habibi,, i dont know how it works since the fonts are controlling the hack.)

now what i want to know is.
someone who has crimson skies.... try and play your backup...

death trap

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2003, 03:45:00 AM »

If you are using pbl 1.3 your xboxrom.bin needs to be in the same folder as pbl.   e:\feenix\

LESTAT

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2003, 04:20:00 AM »

i dont have a clock bug,,
most people dont,.
if they do, they are using the WRONG fonts! this WAS an issue ages ago,, and there was a fix for it AGES ago.

BERT and ERNIE RELOADED.  no clock loop.

and in fact i boot to evox and my clock has correct date and time.

BluhDeBluh

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2003, 04:50:00 AM »

QUOTE (LESTAT @ Nov 2 2003, 02:20 PM)
i dont have a clock bug,,
most people dont,.
if they do, they are using the WRONG fonts! this WAS an issue ages ago,, and there was a fix for it AGES ago.

BERT and ERNIE RELOADED.  no clock loop.

and in fact i boot to evox and my clock has correct date and time.

The difference is that these fonts are easier to install with easy access to both dashboards and seem fix the clock loop.

They have the same end result, but in my opinion this is the preferred method. smile.gif

also: some people have problems with Bert and Ernie Reloaded...

LESTAT

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2003, 05:11:00 AM »

so then which fonts are these ?

are they the reloaded ones, jusst fixed up for this method ? or the big fonts  or what.

over all i am in NO WAY trying to take any glory away from all you guy's hard work im just showing people that what your doing is no different than a proper font hack with pbl.
i mean really how many people with chipped or modded xbox's go to their msdash anyways ?
how many people waste hard drive space with music (as the one gentleman put it, he can rip music so that games with use it, well yeah, you can do that with regular mod too, just choose "ms dashboard" from evox and your in.
99% of people will WANT or NEED to go to evox so they can play their games or apps.
and booting to the msdash then evox is an extra step, an unneeded extra step.
and as for live,, well,, we all ready know we are SOL when it comes to using LIVE since it detects the exploits.

now what would be VERY ass kicking would be to have that say instead of phoenix,, maybe "Games" and click it and a subdirectory opens and shows your games.
then choose a game,,  it loads PBL/fonts  then the game launches..
now wouldnt that be flippin sweet!

in the end all that matters is that it works no matter which method a person may choose to use.

BluhDeBluh

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2003, 05:45:00 AM »

QUOTE (LESTAT @ Nov 2 2003, 03:11 PM)
now what would be VERY ass kicking would be to have that say instead of phoenix,, maybe "Games" and click it and a subdirectory opens and shows your games.
then choose a game,,  it loads PBL/fonts  then the game launches..
now wouldnt that be flippin sweet!

Someone could easily do that - remember that these fonts will potentially load anything signed with the Habibi key.

LESTAT

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2003, 06:58:00 AM »

potentially is the key ,, ok someone sign crimson skies xbe with habibi and try to play it from the hard drive.
if it works ill spread the word and let people know to use this exploit above all else.

has the installer been submitted to "you know where" yet ?

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2003, 04:43:00 PM »

This is just a thought but has anybody thought of making it load e:linux.xbe so it can use the same copy of PBL that the audio hack uses since they are both signed for audio. Saves you having multiple copies of PBL on your system.  Or maybe change the audio hack either way  biggrin.gif

gamera

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2003, 07:15:00 AM »

when will this be on xbins?

Xboxhakur

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2003, 11:19:00 AM »

later...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8