xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Tutorial: How To Install 'mechinstaller' Manually  (Read 1816 times)

pcween

• Archived User
Tutorial: How To Install 'mechinstaller' Manually
« Reply #105 on: December 03, 2003, 04:39:00 PM »

hustla: i'm with you man. i really hate the f****** clock loop. here's my sad story : sad story

Jesper64

• Archived User
« Reply #106 on: December 03, 2003, 05:05:00 PM »

QUOTE (fof E @ Dec 4 2003, 09:44 AM)
first of all thanx Jesper64 for your reply, i got evox to boot with the d6 no eject bfm bios but i still would like to fix the strange loading screen pbl gives me (waving images, then evox), i have also made some interesting findings:
when i got the Xbox from a friend the language on MSdashboard  was set to spanish and after installing mech-feenix fonts sometimes the MSdashboard wouldnt boot freezing with the dashboard background on screen, then i thought about changing the language to english getting better results on boot. then i started to test the boot-non boot relation with and without the ethernet cable plugged with the computer. with the cable plugged it fails 2 times out of ten, without it its almost flawless.

You can't actually fix the strange loading PBL screen. It has something to do with the way PBL output's its video signal. You will have to wait for a newer version to fix this.

That's weird with the network cable in/out. Mine works flawlessly with it in and I haven't heard of anyone else complaining that it doesn't work.

rockdj99uk

• Archived User
« Reply #107 on: December 17, 2003, 01:08:00 PM »

I've followed this tutorial a number of times and also tried editing some small things when it hasn't worked to see if that will sort it and so far to no avail.

I select Pheonix in the MSDash and it starts to boot, I get the phoenix symbol but then after the phoenix symbol I get the following:

Press A to enter selection menu now!
Stopping Hermes
Loading Rom P:Biosesxboxrom.bin
Allocate 2bl mem
Parsing RC4 Key: rc4 key is here
Decrypting 2bl
Copying 2bl
Detecting Xbox version: 00000000
Xbox version is 1.1
Parsing EEPROM 1.1 key: EEPROM key is here
Patching EEPROM key: patched EEPROM key is here

Patching param string
Calculating 2bl entry point

...and that's as far as it gets. Has anyone got any idea as to what it could be that's causing it? I'm positive I've followed the tut to the letter however as usual its possible that I've overlooked something obvious. rolleyes.gif

Thanks

monthos

• Archived User
« Reply #108 on: December 19, 2003, 05:28:00 PM »

Ok i had my system working using bert and ernie reloader, i tried using these fonts this is what i get. Dash loads and says pheonix. default.xbe loads and pheonix loader starts and gives me the flash logo. then it goes blank and the LED's go flashing red, no visual output. i am using the same boot.cfg from my olkd install and the same xboxrom.bin. i have tried the xboxrom.bin in both the pheonix directory and the bioses and bios directory. any suggestions?

monthos

• Archived User
« Reply #109 on: December 19, 2003, 06:53:00 PM »

.b .u .m .p

sorry it was just too low for anyone to see D:

{later}

• Archived User
« Reply #110 on: December 26, 2003, 05:33:00 AM »

I just did this tutorial yesterday and the only fault was in step 8:

8. Put whatever bios you want PBL to load in e:/feenix/bioses and call it xboxrom.bin. I suggest using EvoX D6 NoEject as this should work on all Xboxes.

The directory where the xboxrom.bin is, should be e:/feenix/, NOT e:/feenix/bioses (I'm using phoenix 1.3)

Anyway, I unplugged my box for 12 hours and when I started it, I just got the clock settings screen  biggrin.gif Pressed A and eureka, no clock loop smile.gif

I have a 1.0 xbox with a thompson drive.

People should definiately try these fonts, they work like a charm smile.gif
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]