xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Xbox Live Exploit  (Read 2262 times)

krayzie

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2004, 07:47:00 PM »

Yeah i don't think it's the right topic but it sounds like it could be done but only through a gamesave exploit. You would have to replace the dashfiles somehow with the ones from a 4920 dash. If there were a set of 4920 dashfiles allready on the hd but renamed differently the script only would have to change the names. Anyway this might be a lot of work for something that could be done manually very easy.

achu

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2004, 07:55:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

Can anyone help me..........i have a question...how do u skin ms dashboard? i got the files but cant figure out where to put them uhh.gif .
Help me pls.. unsure.gif

cya

krayzie

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2004, 07:57:00 PM »

you can't skin a msdash if you use exploits. it would alter the signature.

krayzie

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2004, 08:07:00 PM »

you can however skin a copy of the msdash renamed to something else and let the bios load that or direct to it from evo-x.

achu

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2004, 08:14:00 PM »

smile.gif  smile.gif

Thanks so much. rolleyes.gif
achu biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

achu

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2004, 08:17:00 PM »

i am doing my P.E assignment.......lol

BluhDeBluh

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2004, 09:32:00 PM »

QUOTE (achu @ Apr 19 2004, 05:12 AM)
i know this question isnt related to this forum but.....
i installed phoenix bios loader 1.3.5i and it loads fine when i am using the original bios (which comes with pbl 1.3.5i) but when i replace the xboxrom.bin with something newer (xecuter2 4983 bios) a black screen just comes after the phoenix intro.........i tried boot from media bioses as well but they all show as a black screen after the intro except the original one from pbl.
Also pbl 1.4.1 isnt working unsure.gif . I have to use pbl 1.3.5i instead sad.gif . I dont have a modchip installed and i am using exploits.......

Hey everyone why dont u just do what its on this page...
http://forums.xbox-s...pic=195224&st=0
..its safe........even though i would like to click the xbox live button and go to evox and no clock loop issues....but this is safe...the only prop is that u will have to restore it to "music" mode to unplug the xbox.

Cya,
achu

BFM bioses should boot fine.

Yeah, we know about that "best of both worlds" business, but that is no reason to stop looking for alternatives. I've had something similar to that set up on this box for 4-5 months now.

I'm still thinking about this Live! XBE business. That update.xbe has had me thinking a bit too hard, but I don't know enough to look very far into it to be honest. Scanning XBEDump, yeah, it does have to have an option within the XBE that asks its media type.

Code-X

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2004, 12:41:00 AM »

@achu, I believe you have to change the RC Keys etc. for that bios to work with PBL. Do a search and you will find out how to.

PedrosPad

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2004, 02:50:00 AM »

QUOTE (BluhDeBluh @ Apr 19 2004, 02:01 AM)
I've tried this with the default.xbe from MechAssault and included the demo loader. Something rather odd happens when you run the updater.xbe as xonlinedash.xbe... it says it can't connect then spits back to the dash where it says unknown media type. Something to work on possibly?

QUOTE (achu @ Apr 19 2004, 04:08 AM)
i tried it too...
it says invalid media (bla,bla) but the really really weird thing is i still can use the dashboard, ecept that the invalid media window is in the way.........weird blink.gif

Assuming no interference from exploits/modchips, etc. the results above imply that the update.xbe that shipped with MechAssault must have both the "I run from DVD", and "I run from HDD" media flags set (they're flags, technically, you can set as many as you like).  Although interesting, unfortunately, this doesn't get us much further, as the update.xbe is still a signed binary (so can't be changed), and update.xbe doesn't use any support files that could have been exploited. sad.gif

BluhDeBluh

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2004, 03:11:00 AM »

QUOTE (PedrosPad @ Apr 19 2004, 11:50 AM)
Assuming no interference from exploits/modchips, etc. the results above imply that the update.xbe that shipped with MechAssault must have both the "I run from DVD", and "I run from HDD" media flags set (they're flags, technically, you can set as many as you like).  Although interesting, unfortunately, this doesn't get us much further, as the update.xbe is still a signed binary (so can't be changed), and update.xbe doesn't use any support files that could have been exploited. sad.gif

IIRC, I used the one that comes with Live! 1.0, that has quite a few support files from the media directory (I was playing with XBEDump at the time - it was including quite a few including WAVs and XBGs). It's just an odd response... I presume it's supposed to return to the standard Live! xbe after not being able to connect, but since it's not there when it can't connect it spits back to the dashboard saying it isn't compatable trying to avoid a loop.

This seems to be the same one that comes with MechAssault only it's HD signed rather than DVD signed. Rather odd comparing the two files XBEDump key output, one is HDD signed only while the other is DVD signed only.

I'm slowly understanding how this lark works, it's quite intresting really. I will have a think and see what ideas I can come up with, no matter how stupid  tongue.gif

PedrosPad

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2004, 05:10:00 AM »

QUOTE (BluhDeBluh @ Apr 19 2004, 12:11 PM)
This seems to be the same one that comes with MechAssault only it's HD signed rather than DVD signed. Rather odd comparing the two files XBEDump key output, one is HDD signed only while the other is DVD signed only.

I must have missed something.  What was the source of the Micro$oft signed, HDD media flagged, update.xbe?

BluhDeBluh

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2004, 05:34:00 AM »

QUOTE (PedrosPad @ Apr 19 2004, 02:10 PM)
I must have missed something.  What was the source of the Micro$oft signed, HDD media flagged, update.xbe?

It was on my HDD in d:\xodash\update.xbe (1.82 meg) in Live! 1.0 dashboard. Doing a -da in XBEDump gives me this (cut-off removing any copyrighted code).

Allowed media types                 : 0x00000001
                                    : XBE_MEDIA_HDD
Allowed game regions                : 0x7FFFFFFF
                                    : XBE_REGION_US_CANADA
                                    : XBE_REGION_JAPAN
                                    : XBE_REGION_ELSEWHERE

Section name Address                : 0x000109C1 ("media\xbg\gen_mess_panel.xbg")
Section name Address                : 0x000109DE ("media\xbg\cellwall.xbg")
Section name Address                : 0x000109F5 ("media\xbx\GameHilite_01.xbx")
Section name Address                : 0x00010A11 ("media\xbx\mess_panel_backing.xbx")
Section name Address                : 0x00010A32 ("media\xbx\panel8.xbx")
Section name Address                : 0x00010A47 ("media\xbx\cellwall.xbx")
Section name Address                : 0x00010A11 ("media\xbx\mess_panel_backing.xbx")
Section name Address                : 0x00010A32 ("media\xbx\panel8.xbx")
Section name Address                : 0x00010A47 ("media\xbx\cellwall.xbx")

The one from MechAssault is exactly the same, except it's XBE_MEDIA_DVD with different keys and some different addresses. When you rename update.xbe to xonlinedash.xbe and run the Xbox Live tab, it says "Unable to continue due to technical difficulties. Please try again later". When you press OK, it gives you the "Your Xbox can't recognize the this disk" screen and forces you to reboot. This is without an exploit, modchip or anything else.

AHA! I understand. You've gotta find a file that it tries to load but hasn't been "registered" with its SHA1 in the XBE so you can change it. This doesn't do that, I get it now.

BluhDeBluh

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2004, 06:58:00 AM »

I've just packed my Xbox away. I doubt that'd do anything though. I'll have a play next time I have chance, see if I can come up with any other crazy ideas

evil clone

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2004, 05:56:00 PM »

tongue.gif jk

peace

ec

mkjones

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2004, 11:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (achu @ Apr 19 2004, 05:12 AM)
Hey everyone why dont u just do what its on this page...
http://forums.xbox-s...pic=195224&st=0
..its safe........even though i would like to click the xbox live button and go to evox and no clock loop issues....but this is safe...the only prop is that u will have to restore it to "music" mode to unplug the xbox.

Cya,
achu

Actually you dont HAVE to switch the Audio hack on if you unplug most of the time, the Catfish/MA fonts are amazing and tend to come out of the clock-loop after a few tries smile.gif

I'm just incredibly paranoid  ph34r.gif  so running both hacks made sense to me  biggrin.gif

Glad you enjoyed the package smile.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15