xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Xbox Live Exploit  (Read 2263 times)

PedrosPad

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #210 on: December 14, 2003, 03:50:00 AM »

QUOTE (BigTony @ Dec 14 2003, 01:40 PM)
That would be perfect pedro if you can do it.

Grospolina may have more chance.  He's more capable than I, and may have more time.  But I'll continue to play around when time allows. smile.gif

BonerDoner

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #211 on: December 14, 2003, 08:56:00 AM »

I'm sorry, I haven't looked at font exploits in depth in a long time. Do the MI fonts actually ever loop?

underthebridge

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #212 on: December 14, 2003, 12:17:00 PM »

that would be the ideal solution pedro.. sadly, i dont have time too  (plus i'm not quite capable)

PedrosPad

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #213 on: December 14, 2003, 12:44:00 PM »

QUOTE (BonerDoner @ Dec 14 2003, 06:56 PM)
I'm sorry, I haven't looked at font exploits in depth in a long time. Do the MI fonts actually ever loop?
The very intension of exploits is to seize control of the CPU's instruction pointer (IP) to make it execute code of our choosing.  Typically the act of obtaining this control is a bit rough on the host application (in this case the MS Dashboard).  The exploit makes the CPU's IP take a course not anticipated, or wished, by the original host applications' programmers.  This action can make a perfectly engineered, stable application unstable.

In the case of the font exploits, during the boot up, there are wait states of different lengths involved, as the Hard disk spins up, the DVD-Rom drive spins up, the network is interrogated, etc.  Consequently, at the time the font exploit attempts to grab control; the XBOX may be in one of many different states.  If the font attempts to obtain control at the wrong time, it crashes the system, and the XBOX reboots.  This behaviour is amplified if the onboard clock is not set.

Interestingly, when the system reboots, many of the peripherals are now already spun up and initialised, meaning that when the font exploit attempts to grab control a second time, the system is in an appropriate state for it to work.

The MI fonts very cleverly disrupt the normal flow of execution as little as possible, thereby minimizing any collateral damage.  The upshot of all this is that all the fonts versions are able to correctly seize control if the clock is set, and if not, the MI fonts are still able to correctly obtain stable control of the CPU's IP after very few reboots, typically 2-3 only.

BonerDoner

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #214 on: December 14, 2003, 01:54:00 PM »

So has anybody had the MI fonts loop for say, 12 hours, or even indefinetly? I'm really looking for a good alternative to the audio exploit.

hustla

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #215 on: December 15, 2003, 06:59:00 AM »

BonerDoner yes i have had one xbox not come out of clock loop but i was succefull with about six so far. I installed exactly the same as all the others and did it twice to make sure it was not a bad install. it was made on march 2002. so you might want to stay away from that month.  And i still havent seen a xbox come out of Mech fonts loop in 2 - 3 loops yet usally it takes at least 20 or 5 minutes.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]