xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Xbox Live Exploit  (Read 2259 times)

achu

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2004, 03:18:00 PM »

oh sugar....double post

sorryyy

ldots

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2004, 03:22:00 PM »

Well what do you know Achu - the 0,01% kicks in here!!!
You cannot hexedit a dash and boot to it from the live tab. You would get error 21. Changing just a single byte in the dash changes the signature...

BluhDeBluh

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2004, 03:41:00 PM »

I've just had a flash of inspiration. Could you get the Live! tab to run a signed XBE extracted from an Xbox game?

I'm 99% sure this won't work, but I'm thinking you could take the already signed XBE from a game (ie MechAssault) and make the Live! tab in the dashboard run that from the HDD. Then from the game you can load up the gamesave exploit, which loads up EvoX and/or PBL. This would eliminate any clock loop, and would mean you wouldn't need any media in the drive to load the game. It also wouldn't have any problems with the soundtracks feature, but obviously Live! wouldn't work.

Probably not very quick or neat, and it's probably slightly slow, but it's an idea. I'm trying to think why this wouldn't work, and I can't think of any reasons. I've probably missed something really obvious though. Also, I'm not convinced the partition would be big enough to hold an entire game, but the majority of files could probably be stripped down as the game wouldn't actually need to be playable.

ldots

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2004, 03:48:00 PM »

Storage space would be an issue yes. Only a few 100 Mb free on C:
Other than that, most (or all I guess???) games have a byte set that says : "I run from DVD" so with a retail bios a DVD extracted xbe wouldn't run.

ldots

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2004, 03:52:00 PM »

I believe the xboxdash would have "I run from HD" media flag set. So I would have to say no - not with a retail bios.

achu

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2004, 03:53:00 PM »

uhh.gif
i used boxplorer and copied the deafult.xbe and the other file and copied to a folder on the harddrive and it boots perfectly without any cd.........i copied lord of the rings 3 game, and need for speed hot persuit 2...........they boot fine........i just think the space would be a problem....

anyways,
cya
achu

BluhDeBluh

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2004, 03:56:00 PM »

QUOTE (achu @ Apr 19 2004, 12:53 AM)
hey Idots shouldnt it be able to run? uhh.gif
i used boxplorer and copied the deafult.xbe and the other file and copied to a folder on the harddrive and it boots perfectly without any cd.........i copied lord of the rings 3 game, and need for speed hot persuit 2...........they boot fine........i just think the space would be a problem....

anyways,
cya
achu

By then the unofficial EvoX bios has been run by PBL which will ignore any flags in the game

ldots

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2004, 03:58:00 PM »

But to run these games and apps you are not running a retail bios. Hacked bioses disables the checks.

brilliantdonkey

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2004, 03:59:00 PM »

I think some of the games might work, and some might not.

I remember reading somewhere that the earlier games did not have the media flag set, but only the newer ones do.

BluhDeBluh

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2004, 04:06:00 PM »

sad.gif

ldots

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2004, 04:08:00 PM »

QUOTE (achu @ Apr 19 2004, 12:57 AM)
hey idots this really dosent make sense to me..lol laugh.gif
why do u need a modchip in the first place.?
since if u just backup a xbox game then shouldnt it boot when the files a put on a dvd, because it has the "boot from dvd" flag? if so why r modchips made, other than for running homebrew?

sorry, i do think u r right.......but clarify things up for me pls.

cya,
achu

There are many other checks on the authenticity of the DVD besides the media flag. If you backup a game you dont have a 1:1 copy of the original DVD. For one thing the DVD TOC of the original game is altered so that if you put it in a PC only a short movie will show. The firmware of the xbox DVD deals with this, so if you were to backup a DVD you would have to access it though your xbox right?

achu

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2004, 04:41:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

cya,
Achu blink.gif

BluhDeBluh

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2004, 05:01:00 PM »

sad.gif

I've tried this with the default.xbe from MechAssault and included the demo loader. Something rather odd happens when you run the updater.xbe as xonlinedash.xbe... it says it can't connect then spits back to the dash where it says unknown media type. Something to work on possibly?

I get the weird feeling we are on the right track but looking at it in the wrong way.

achu

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2004, 07:18:00 PM »

mad.gif (game's are probably signed differently from the ms dashboards and xbox live xbe.)

i hope someone gets this live exploit workin biggrin.gif

I cant wait....... rolleyes.gif

soakladen

• Archived User
Xbox Live Exploit
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2004, 07:40:00 PM »

biggrin.gif Good Day all
I have no mod chip.  But I use the mech with audio exploit and MXM dash
I 'was' able to copy, back up and replay.
I made a mistake in Feb. when I accidently hit the live button on one of my saved games.  DON'T try that at home.
I believe that it updated my dash and now I have to try to get it back to the old dash.
Going through the motions, Music-Copy-Copy-blah blah balh New soundtrack-- then stops at 100 soundracks exceeded limit etc.

I can only get back to the MXM dash via. the mech game, I can ftp to the xbox- but can't eject to use the back-ups.

Now!!!! I am trying to figure out a few things.
1. how to get back to the way it used to be.
or
2. I am going to figure out how to exploit the hard drive with pre exisisting files and/or learn how to write or re-write the existing files to mod.  I don't think that you should have to use a hard mod/solder to get this to work.  I am hoping to put this all on a dvd and help others out.

If you have any suggestions, or ideas give me a jingle.
jester.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15