xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26

Author Topic: Audio Exploit Installer/remover.  (Read 4073 times)

giptoy

• Archived User
Audio Exploit Installer/remover.
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2004, 06:10:00 AM »

Just wanted to say thanks for a great package Morden, the V3 pack installed perfectly first time and has been problem free so far.  Keep up the good work!

slimboyfatz

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2004, 06:08:00 AM »

wink.gif

slimboyfatz

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2004, 08:03:00 AM »

dry.gif

crewde

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2004, 11:36:00 PM »

QUOTE (Mordenkainen @ Dec 3 2003, 01:43 AM)
To downgrade your dash, you need to get the slayers disk. Search for a guy named slayer on this forum and follow the instructions in his sig to get the iso.

Use an xiso extractor to extract the iso to a temp folder. SimpleX and craxation will not work, try something else.

Now you need to delete some stuff on C:. Alternativly, you may just want to rename the folders and files instead of deleting them, you can delete them once you know the new one works.

Ftp into the XBox.

Delete:
C:Audio
C:Fonts
C:xodash
C:xboxdashdata.xxxxxxx
C:xboxdash.xbe
DO NOT REBOOT THE XBOX AFTER DOING THIS!

FTP the SYSTEMALLc folder from the extracted slayers to the xbox C:.

Check that all files sent correctly.

Reboot the xbox.

Then check your dash version, it should be 4920.

Morden.

i did wat was told of me. no mistakes whatsoever. i put all of the old files in a folder named OLD and then extracted everything from SYSTEMALLc... everything was intact and looked good. Now the box is telling me that "your xbox requires service. please call xbox customer support. i am fucked. i probably just ruined the whole box didn't i?

remind me to kill someone

is there any fixing this or am i just screwed?

EDIT: i did some research and i am getting error code 21 bc it has a lil 21 in the corner of my screen.

"21 - anywhere - This error says that the machine was booted to display a error, basically someone told the machine to reboot (or launch a xbe) with this flag, and the error code just means its been rebooted by the flag"  there was also another definition of error 21 somewhere else that said it was because i modified the C:/ drive and i should just restore a backup. well first of all i have no backup because i backed it up on the harddrive. (im hoping that move is going to help me in the long run) ... but anyways, how the hell am i going to access my drive now in order to change things back to normal? i heard of an official disk that people use to reset the hard drive back to normal. could i use this and where could i find it??

any and all suggestions/solutions are most welcome. im like shitting myself over here because it's my brothers xbox and he told me not to fuck anything up.

Mordenkainen

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2004, 03:02:00 AM »

Did you check the file sizes to make sure they were the same?

Sometimes files don't transfer to the box well.

As far as the "disc" to reset your box, thats Slayers, what you used.

In any case you should still be able to boot up with a game in the drive.

Morden.

pcween

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2004, 03:37:00 AM »

so how is V4 coming along, morden?

Mordenkainen

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2004, 04:17:00 AM »

It's comming along. Slowly.....

I got sucked into Uru Live, so that is where quite a bit of my free time has gone.

Morden.

Dai_UK

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2004, 08:17:00 AM »

beerchug.gif  Wow whata  forum and Thread!

Ok I've tried to digest all 69 pages today!

Im a n00b  uhh.gif  but think I've read it all correctly,

I got a UK Xbox at Crimbo and it has a samsung drive which was a pleasant surprise, the versions are:

K: 1.00.5100.01
D: 1.004920.01

(Sorry if there are to many full stops!)

I have a few very n00bish questions:

• Will this work with my Kernal and Dash version (I'm 99% sure the dash is ok, what about the Kernal?)
  • I like the sound of V2 nothing on C drive, easy to remove. I've read a lot of bad things about other software mods what are the chances of this killing my xbox!
  • Crimson skies is a problem any others ?
  • As XBL 2 is out do those games automatically update the dash or not unless you run live ?
  • Are kernal updates likely as the newer one doesn't work with this does it ?
  • I'm mainly interested in running DVD-R backups and have a source from a chipped box do I need to install anything to the HD at all (Other than the save game of course - see I did read it!)
  • is it worth getting an action replay as they're 50% off on play.com europe! or are they're memory cards as unusable as I've read
  • I know V3 dumps stuff on C:, does the uninstall remove this ?

Seriously thanks for all the work and comments, I hope I can use this method,

Sorry I have another question

Has the focus of the project changed or is it still to make an easily removable hack with minimal or no HD saving to avoid detection ?

If I read right with V2 You almost had no files on the HD except the save and the stub to enable audio I'm really paranoid about getting a new game and it not working and killing my box!

beerchug.gif

Dai_UK

Mordenkainen

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2004, 11:43:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

Morden.

magichew

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2004, 06:09:00 PM »

ph34r.gif

jslande

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2004, 06:14:00 PM »

Ok, first post, first try at a hack of the xbox that I got for christmas.
K: 1.00.5101.01
D: 1.00.4920.01

So I think it should work.  I purchased the gamesaves pc card reader, installed it with ActionReplay for Xbox. Transferred the zip file to the gamecard . (different block sizes show up when I copy it, strange)

When I try and run the save it just pops a screen saying: Unable to load <Run Linux> press a to continue

Read through almost all of this thread at least once, many twice.

I deleted all the previous game saves for MA.

I saw that someone mentioned that maybe there was a patched MA out there that would not run this hack?
I am confused why this won't work, it looks like I should be good to go?  Any ideas anyone?

Thx

Wooger

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2004, 06:33:00 PM »

Hey Morden,

Do you mind if I encorperate your audio track exploit into the next easy phoenix loader (and installer at some point when I finally get that updated)?  I have been working recently here with a new version of the EPL and have converted it to a similar fashion as your save game installer works.  Though the scripting is COMPLETLY different.

If you like I could send you a mxm.xml file that I've been working on to show you.

Thanks,
Wooger

giantboog

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2004, 09:23:00 PM »

I got skins working

more importantly "It's all about choice" skin

with out asking any questions!?

=]

there be a helpful url

http://johny6killa.h...n_directory.htm

there be another helpful url ;]

http://www.allxboxskins.com

thanks morden! for the cool package!

300 GB HD with preview vids, xbmp 2.4 using SMB (havent upgraded yet to xbmc.. wonder whats different) and skins!

whoooo hoo... I need something new to do =[

after all ... this is the GAME!

pinkani

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2004, 09:38:00 PM »

QUOTE (jslande @ Jan 9 2004, 04:14 AM)
I saw that someone mentioned that maybe there was a patched MA out there that would not run this hack?
I am confused why this won't work, it looks like I should be good to go?  Any ideas anyone?

Looks like you got the patched MA. There should not be a "Game of the Year" label or a platinum version.

tullm

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2004, 12:15:00 AM »

@dacypher:

just press the Y key and say "reset menu cache" and reboot the mxm system from the same menu (Y key).

after booting mxm (wich takes a bit longer now, because it updates the meny) you should see all programs an games in e/apps, f/apps, e/games, f/games!

it works perfekt!

regards

tullm

ps: Thanx again to Morden for this great package! used it on 3 boxes yet and every time without any probs!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26