xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26

Author Topic: Audio Exploit Installer/remover.  (Read 4079 times)

Keltik

• Archived User
Audio Exploit Installer/remover.
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2004, 12:27:00 PM »

Yup typical - christmas is over but the spirit lives on - all I've made out of whoring Mordens work (as was so well put on the last page) is a lot of phone calls and some very happy friends and relations - not all people who do these things are money grabbing - evil minded little $h1ts.

Anyway happy new year to you all - next time I won't bother with the congrats I'll just get on.

On that note if Morden wants to post a Paypal addy (or email me) I for one would be happy to donate a few quid - will anyone else be willing to do the same for using his work?

Mordenkainen

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2004, 05:31:00 PM »

blink.gif

Anyway, perhaps I will post something and some nice people will help me out or not, oh well....

But if you want to help someone out who has a vested interest in this, drop something in BJ's tip jar, you can find it in his sig. Without MXM this package couldn't exist! Just let him know Morden sent ya! I want to donate something to him, but I'm broke, and kinda feel bad about it as I'm using MXM and couldn't do anymore than give him a thank you in the readme.

In any case... How would you like a status update on what I'm working on for V4?

Somehow I knew you would!

Here are the bug fixes going in: (These WILL be there!)
1. No more ActionScript errors!
2. The more stable version of the audio exploit.
3. An uninstall that will remove directories that files have been added to without blowing up.
4. All those missing settings will be added (Ip stuff, skins, etc.)
5. Fix the "No Boxplorer" bug.

And the new features: (Not sure if all are going to be there, but I'll try. Oh, and they are in the order of how likely they are to be in there. So #1 is a sure thing, # 8 is a long shot, etc.)
1. Reboot with any BIOS. (this will help people with the Focus chip who can't see the PBL menu!)
2. Run any app without PBL. (This is the fix for you peeps with Crimson Skies!)
3. IP config screen like Evox has.
4. Uninstall will delete EVERYTHING the package adds (including the files that get created by adding the gamestub, MXM savegame, ETC.)
5. Better install. It will ask you if you use DHCP or not, and let you set it up if needed.
Now for the long shots:
6. An Upgrade, so you won't have to remove V3, V4 will install on top of it. There are some issues here, that I won't go into now. I'll get the rest working before trying to tackle this beast.
7. Font support. But you will have to provide your own fonts as I can't make them fit on a mem card.
8. An installation engine. This one is going to be the hardest, but also the nicest  (imho) feature. This will allow users like yourself to build installation scripts for apps, then a CD could be compiled with the install scripts and apps and the install engine will give you a list of apps on that CD and ask you which ones you want to install! The CD is dynamic, so ANYONE can add an app to it, with an install script, and the engine will be able to install it. This means EVERYONE can contribute to the success of this package, even if it is in a small way!

Hope everyone had a good new year!

Morden.

Mordenkainen

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2004, 07:13:00 PM »

Oh, and as a side note, just so people know how much I suck, just played my first online game of Halo....

Me: 3 Kills
Them: 50 kills......

Oh ya! I'm SO good... I'll get you in my crosshairs and shoot the floor instead...
Ah well.

Dave B

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2004, 06:37:00 AM »

Am thinking of using this mod on one of my Xbox's, so far I have only used B&E on friends as they don't use Live etc...

I don't really want to look through 67 pages so any chance of either editing the first post to show the instructions or tell me what pages am better looking at.

It would be ideal if I could still use Live but if not then so be it as I have 2 boxes anyway.

Thanks,

Dave

giantboog

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2004, 09:02:00 AM »

recondite- have you patched Crimson Skies in any way? or is it the original image?

correct me if I am wrong but if you press A after the PBL has loaded and before MXM has loaded ...  isnt PBL a factor still?  Or are you assuming I made some changes.

When I do the audio xploit I see PBL show up then a quick press A screen then it jumps to loading MXM.

Dave B

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2004, 09:41:00 AM »

sad.gif

Basically I was getting a black screen.

Dave

XVegitto

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2004, 10:15:00 AM »

biggrin.gif. I guess you could wait for V4.

mkjones

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2004, 12:48:00 PM »

ohmy.gif  biggrin.gif  blink.gif

Wow, such a popular topic for such an amazing package..

Cant wait for v4 Morden, sounds as cool as ever, I also hear that the latest MXM has a game totally written in actionscript for it  tongue.gif  amazing dashboard, it really is..

I loaded the audio hack. I saw the Pheonix screen. Pressed A when prompted.

Your lucky! I cant see anything but wobbles due to my 1.5 box  sad.gif

Me: 3 Kills
Them: 50 kills......

LOL ohh well, howd you play online anyway? xLink? Or some other way? I fancy getting online with HALO as soon as I get my copy back from a mate..

Untill then Happy New year!  beerchug.gif

Keltik

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2004, 01:24:00 PM »

smile.gif

On the PC I can hold my own (usually about halfway down the rankings on multiplayer) but on the XBox total turnip - the words door - off - shotgun - sawn - couldn't - hit - barn - spring to mind

V3 still rocks V4 looks hmmm interesting  wink.gif

btw took your advice Morden and sent a few quids to BJ

AceMurdera

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2004, 01:03:00 AM »

biggrin.gif  tongue.gif  wink.gif

VenimK

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2004, 01:11:00 AM »

It Would be very awesome, to get this translated in some languages.

Preferably in Dutch.

Like the thing is I don 't get. Do I need to Solder anything with this Hack or not.

VenimK

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2004, 03:56:00 AM »

No = Nee

Anywayz.

Kinda figured it out now.
Loaded the save game, , MXM loads up, then select install Audio Exploit.

Then i get this error;

Error (line1: (Callscript) "Actionscript File failed executiion" ????

I'm trying this on a allready modded Xbox  for testing purposes.
The Chip is Just a Homebrew Chip.

I have
K: 1.00.4817.01
Dash 1.00.4920.01

caxtor

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2004, 07:09:00 AM »

Help PLEASE!!!
I know maybe this is not the place to ask but i use Mordens Audio Pack V3 and i know helpfull people are around here...

I get an error 06 with both my Original Xbox HDD and the New HDD, i unlocked with unlockx using the HDD key from Evox backup, then after doing the cloning in WinHEx, I Got the new key using eeprom.bin in liveinfo, after that i reeboted and then locked both HDd drives again, the orgial with the first key from evox backup and the new one using the one liveinfo gave me...

What i think i did wrong was: i unlocked the original HDD with the key and included many 0's at the end of the key, exactly as the .txt file and then when i locked the original back again i didnt inlude the 0's...
Also is the key Case Sensitive???

May this be the problem, if so what can i do to fix it im so SCARED i fried my xbox!!!
Thanx for replies

EDIT:
I managed to get the new HDD Working beacuse i used a wrong password to lock it, in live info i saved the stuff to a .cfg, and ussed the HDDKey that came in there but i was supposed to use he Calculated Password.... My bad...

As for the Original  HDD i tried to UNlock it again the way i locked it before but i tink i really messed up when typing the Lock password again, i think i misstyped...

Is there any way for me to wipe the old password, unlock the Original HDD or get the Lock password for me to get the Original HDD to work again...?

-caxtor

eSoul

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2004, 07:45:00 PM »

Alright, first post on the board, so ill make it good.

Anyway, I have a November 2003 box (1.5 most likely) with the 5659 live 2.0 dash.  I swear it came preinstalled :-D I want to use the v3 package Morden released.  I know I cant install the audio exploit, but If I can just boot the savegame everytime and get full functionality from MXM then, I'm cool with that.  I could downgrade, but is it safe to do it with D:5659 and K:5530?

Also, I know my box has the focus chip on it that keeps PBL from displaying properly, but shouldnt it still load MXM after a few secs without a scrambled screen?  I ask this because, everytime I load it, I just get a black (scrambled) screen after the logo.  Im guessing this Action Replay card just blows, and its keeping me from getting the full save.

I know I can run evox using the 007 with evox savegame, so im sure there is some hope in this.  I know I could install EvoX this way, but its not as cool as anything Morden has release :-P Any help with these few questions would be appreciated.

UPDATE:  Being the smart guy I am, I loaded  up EvoX and then FTPed the v3 installer save over to my xbox.  However, it still doesnt do anything after the loading screen.  It must have something to do with my xbox.

Mordenkainen

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2004, 03:03:00 AM »

It's your 5530 kernel. It's incompatable with PBL.

Morden.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26