xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: *shameful Noob Headshake*... Have Some Questions  (Read 63 times)

digitard

• Archived User
*shameful Noob Headshake*... Have Some Questions
« on: April 30, 2006, 03:46:00 AM »

Okay,
  So I'm ordering a new 2.6CE chip for my 1.4 Xbox.  I have the solderless setup and programmer included.

I plan to install AutoInstaller 3.0 w/ a new 120gig drive once its recieved.

I'm new to modding... so bare with the complete assinine nature of my questions since I know you guys have answered them before.

#1.  Which BIOS from Xbins is recommended for this setup?
#2.  Because I'm new to the whole thing I've found, from reading, that Slayers or Autoinstaller Deluxe are the 2 recommended installing setups until I get some use under my belt.  Would you agree?
#3.  My main question... what BIOS Flash route would you recommend?  I was looking, from doing some minor research, at the steps listed on the TE site at this link (http://www.team-xecuter.com/x2prog/).  Would that probably be my best bet flash program wise to use the X2 Bios Manger to update with whatever BIOS is recommended?

To let you know what the setup will be used for... its going to mainly be a media center (I plan to run XBMC as an app) as well as just hold some games for fun.  Mainly the media center though because my computer solution I was using for a media center had a power supply go bad frying the PSU, RAM and MOBO so instead of just fixing it all just putting the 120gig drive into my XBOX w/ 60 bucks in parts seemed a more economic solution (especially due to the case size drop) and since I Never use LIVE on my XBOX anymore I dont need to really worry about that.

I thank you guys for your answers beforehand.  On forums with things I'm familiar with I see the same types of questions and know how monotonous they can get so I thank you guys ahead of time for any help.

D.

theperfekt001

• Archived User
*shameful Noob Headshake*... Have Some Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 10:42:00 AM »

1. x2 5035 (x2_5035_vOld_512k.bin)
2. yup
3. use your programmer