xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Cromwell/linux Install  (Read 22 times)

perevera

• Archived User
Cromwell/linux Install
« on: October 20, 2006, 08:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(RLD831 @ Jan 16 2006, 04:36 AM) View Post

I have a V1.5 XBox with a Xenium Ice chip in it. Everything works fine and I am running XBMC as my dash. I am currently looking to install Linux, but every time I run an XBE or load a bin that has anything to do with Linux or Cromwell, my screen fills up with random moving colors that almost look like my tv is broken. I am  really just trying to run Xebian Linux on my XBox, so if I don't need Cromwell that's great, but how do I get Linux to work?

Hi, I'm in a very similar situation.

My chip is ST, my Xbox version is 1.2+. I found out which spots I needed to solder. I put some stain, I took it off, etc.; in the end, I am not sure everything will be alright, at least I mounted back everything, restarted the machine, and it still works, so I am (a little) optimist.

What I cannot find now are the instructions to flash the Cromwell boot loader, I know I need the 256 KB image, and I think I need to use a command called 'raincoat' or something like that.

By the way, I tried the software mod before but I got stuck because the dashboard was too new and I could not find the file to downgrade it.