xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 1.1 Original Bios?  (Read 130 times)

ti99aman

• Archived User
1.1 Original Bios?
« on: December 07, 2004, 01:10:00 PM »

I know bigdaddy asked a similar question about TSOP flashing and original bios but my circumstances are a little different.  He has a switch on his TSOP mod to have multiple bios, I dont, so if I mess up and flash the wrong original bios on my xbox I'm f@#$ed.  

I just want to know what bios I need to use to get my XBOX back to "normal" so I can go on XBL.  I've read in other posts that the original bios posted in xbins may not be good, so if anyone has an original bios for a 1.1, please let me know so I may possibly get it from you.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. - ti99

BigdaddyS

• Archived User
1.1 Original Bios?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 01:12:00 PM »

You must get your Kernel BEFORE flash, after it's too late if it's not working. Btw, why don't you make a switch?

bucko

• Recovered User
1.1 Original Bios?
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 01:14:00 PM »

I think the original bios on #xbins is listed as kernel versions. I have a 1.1 xbox the kernel version is 4817. Download that original bios with that kernel number and you should be fine. I think you can make a backup of your original bios in raincoat or evox anyway.

ti99aman

• Archived User
1.1 Original Bios?
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 01:20:00 PM »

From the tut I read, it said I could only add a switch if I had a 1.0.  I'll definitely look into that so I can try to avoid any problems reflashing TSOP with orig bios.  By the way BDS, did you get your xbox to work with any of the original bios and if you did, can you tell me which bios you used, or are you still having the same problem? Thanks for the reply - ti99

ti99aman

• Archived User
1.1 Original Bios?
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 01:23:00 PM »

thanks bucko, i'll see if I can find the backup of the orig bios on my xbox because now that you mentioned it, I do remember creating a backup.  I have so much sh1t in there though, it's going to take awhile.

BigdaddyS

• Archived User
1.1 Original Bios?
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2004, 02:00:00 PM »

QUOTE (bucko @ Dec 7 2004, 10:10 PM)
I think the original bios on #xbins is listed as kernel versions. I have a 1.1 xbox the kernel version is 4817. Download that original bios with that kernel number and you should be fine. I think you can make a backup of your original bios in raincoat or evox anyway.

How can i find my kernel if MS dash is showing kernel of modded X2 bios? Is there any other way?

And btw, i am asking all over the XBS what is Debug original bios for...let's see if anyone here will know that. :uhh:  

This post has been edited by BigdaddyS: Dec 7 2004, 10:05 PM

bucko

• Recovered User
1.1 Original Bios?
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2004, 01:22:00 AM »

QUOTE (BigdaddyS @ Dec 7 2004, 09:56 PM)
How can i find my kernel if MS dash is showing kernel of modded X2 bios? Is there any other way?

And btw, i am asking all over the XBS what is Debug original bios for...let's see if anyone here will know that. :uhh:

You have to boot original bios <_<, debug original bios is used to boot XDK (Xbox Development Kit which is illegal)

BigdaddyS

• Archived User
1.1 Original Bios?
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2004, 05:06:00 AM »

QUOTE (bucko @ Dec 8 2004, 10:18 AM)
You have to boot original bios <_<, debug original bios is used to boot XDK (Xbox Development Kit which is illegal)

Yeah, but the original none of original bioses isn't working(tried all for 1.1 and 1.0 version i found on xbins, but no luck). What the fuck should i do? Is it possible my xbox was using original bios that i can't find on the internet? :(  

swolsten

• Archived User
1.1 Original Bios?
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2004, 05:15:00 AM »

QUOTE (BigdaddyS @ Dec 8 2004, 01:02 PM)
Yeah, but the original none of original bioses isn't working(tried all for 1.1 and 1.0 version i found on xbins, but no luck). What the fuck should i do? Is it possible my xbox was using original bios that i can't find on the internet? :(

What do you get when you boot the original kernels?

Any screen output or anything like that?

BigdaddyS

• Archived User
1.1 Original Bios?
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2004, 05:35:00 AM »

QUOTE (swolsten @ Dec 8 2004, 02:11 PM)
What do you get when you boot the original kernels?

Any screen output or anything like that?

No screen, xbox is just fragging(turn on and off twice for a sec, then turns up like normal with flashing red light and there is no screen).

swolsten

• Archived User
1.1 Original Bios?
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2004, 06:06:00 AM »

QUOTE (BigdaddyS @ Dec 8 2004, 01:31 PM)
No screen, xbox is just fragging(turn on and off twice for a sec, then turns up like normal with flashing red light and there is no screen).

How are you managing to re-flash it then?

BigdaddyS

• Archived User
1.1 Original Bios?
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2004, 06:10:00 AM »

all other 3 modded bioses always work, so i boot up with switches on and before flash i hit switches off and reflash. Easy as pie, but none of original bios isn't working so i am gonna blow this xbox out. I dunno what can i do to find the bios that would work. :(  <_<  

swolsten

• Archived User
1.1 Original Bios?
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2004, 07:26:00 AM »

QUOTE (BigdaddyS @ Dec 8 2004, 02:06 PM)
all other 3 modded bioses always work, so i boot up with switches on and before flash i hit switches off and reflash. Easy as pie, but none of original bios isn't working so i am gonna blow this xbox out. I dunno what can i do to find the bios that would work. :(  <_<

Make sure your eeprom isnt fried, load it up in ConfigMagic and check that the settings are all OK.  Most modded bioses will cope with some sort of corruption to the eeprom, the M$ bios wont.

BigdaddyS

• Archived User
1.1 Original Bios?
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2004, 12:31:00 PM »

QUOTE (swolsten @ Dec 8 2004, 04:22 PM)
Make sure your eeprom isnt fried, load it up in ConfigMagic and check that the settings are all OK.  Most modded bioses will cope with some sort of corruption to the eeprom, the M$ bios wont.

And how will i recognize that something is wrong? I've never used Config Magic before. :unsure:

Btw, Thx for the help.

swolsten

• Archived User
1.1 Original Bios?
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2004, 03:00:00 PM »

QUOTE (BigdaddyS @ Dec 8 2004, 08:27 PM)
And how will i recognize that something is wrong? I've never used Config Magic before. :unsure:

Btw, Thx for the help.

Check that your video mode is known, check you have a mac address etc...

if its screwed up the setting may be lost