xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Usb Drive Question  (Read 64 times)

crunchyfish

• Archived User
Usb Drive Question
« on: February 20, 2005, 06:09:00 PM »

I'm sure you get a lot of these threads, and I hate to post one, but I'm wondering if anyone could tell me what I might be doing wrong in trying to transfer an exploit to my USB drive. I first tried last night, and I got the USB drive to show up in the AR software which allowed me to transfer the exploit to the drive. The problem with this was that whenever I put the drive into the XBox I got the error that said it was deleting the drive. Every time.

I figured it might just be a problem with my drive, so I borrowed one from a friend today. This one works perfectly as a memory card for the XBox, only deleting it the first time I put it in and showing up without any problem afterwards. The problem is that I can't get it to show up in the AR software. I did everything I did for the first drive without any luck. I just keep getting that stupid "USB device failed to enumerate" message.

To specify, I used USBview and changed the numbers in the driver and everything else. I'm pretty confident I'm doing it correctly (at least, according to the guide I got here), but it just won't show up. If it means anything, the driver never shows up as "Action Replay Memory Card" or whatever, it's always "MaxDrive XBox".

Any help will be appreciated. sad.gif