xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbmc V Mediaxmenu  (Read 196 times)

emcee_n

• Archived User
Xbmc V Mediaxmenu
« on: June 28, 2006, 11:35:00 PM »

XBMC (media center) and XBMP (media player) are two different things.  XBMP is an outdated precursor to XBMC.  If you want to run a media-based application as a dashboard, XBMC can't be beat.  It simply has more features than anything else out there.

That being said, you're posting in the wrong forum.  Please go to the XBMC forum and ask your question there.    On second thought, just to save you time, look at this:

http://manual.xboxme...akka=XBMCAsDash

If you are running X2 5035 BIOS, please just don't worry about making any shortcuts or anything like that, and instead simply edit the x2config.ini file that is on your E drive.  There should be a list of apps which load on boot in that file, listed in the order which they will boot.  You can simply type in the location of XBMC's xbe in the first location; for example:

f:/apps/xbmc/default.xbe
f:/apps/unleashx/default.xbe
f:/apps/evox/default.xbe
f:/apps/avalaunch/default.xbe
f:/apps/mxm/default.xbe
c:/xboxdash.xbe

Just read your thing about not being able to FTP.  You must have meant can you run XBMC from a DVD disk.  In that case, AFAIK, yes you can.  Just burn the contents of the XBMC program directory to a disk, ensuring default.xbe is visible (not contained in any folders).

smokyjoe

• Archived User
Xbmc V Mediaxmenu
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 01:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(emcee_n @ Jun 29 2006, 03:42 PM) View Post

Just read your thing about not being able to FTP.  You must have meant can you run XBMC from a DVD disk.  In that case, AFAIK, yes you can.  Just burn the contents of the XBMC program directory to a disk, ensuring default.xbe is visible (not contained in any folders).

I've read a few other threads about this recently, and I'm fairly sure you cant run it from a disk (I always thought you could). But you can burn it onto disc, then copy it to your hard drive from another dash.