xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Help Out A Total Newbie  (Read 1101 times)

mplsldp

• Archived User
Help Out A Total Newbie
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2003, 09:45:00 PM »

whoops, so the card needs to be formatted first?...hmm. is it possible to connect it to the xbox via the usb-xbox cable and get the xbox to format it to FATX specs?
after that can it be used with the mega x key software then to store the 007?

Darkfire01

• Archived User
Help Out A Total Newbie
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2003, 10:30:00 PM »

not sure.. but still the mega-x-key software only works with 32mb units and the action replay only works with 8mb.. so you wont have any software that will handle your 16mb unit..

mplsldp

• Archived User
Help Out A Total Newbie
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2003, 07:53:00 AM »

i found out here
http://forums.xbox-s...ST&f=44&t=82326
that you can format a regular mem card with the xbox to FATX.
yes, i think i will need to get another one (8 or 32).
is the AR software evailable for d/l? couldn't find a link.

wonderdog

• Archived User
Help Out A Total Newbie
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2003, 08:35:00 AM »

smile.gif)

#Wonderdog

Citizenkain

• Archived User
Help Out A Total Newbie
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2003, 01:00:00 PM »

I must be missing something completely obvious here and I was hoping someone could point it out.

When I try to drag the Evox Mechassault save into the ActionReplay window screen, I only get an error message stating that it is "Not a valid xbox save".

I extracted the MechassaultwithEvox file to a folder and noticed the directory structure is like this:

What am I missing here? Do I need to edit an additional file, or is it something with PAR? Thanks in advance.

I found out what I was doing wrong. I had an extra directory before the UDATA folder. Doh.

mplsldp

• Archived User
Help Out A Total Newbie
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2003, 10:08:00 AM »

tongue.gif

nottheballplayer

• Archived User
Help Out A Total Newbie
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2003, 10:14:00 AM »

One way to use the action replay to get the saved files on it from your computer

-I copied any saved game I had from AUF or Mechassault onto the memory card from my xbox
-On your computer, you look for saved files, and in the action replay app, upload your saved game to the "PC Database"
-Outside of the program, go into the actual saved game files folder, there should be a bunch of saved zip folders.
-Open up your saved game and replace the UDATA folder with the one that has the goodies.
-Download the saved game back onto your memory card through the action replay program.

Darkfire01

• Archived User
Help Out A Total Newbie
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2003, 12:33:00 PM »

QUOTE (Citizenkain @ Jul 26 2003, 10:00 PM)
I must be missing something completely obvious here and I was hoping someone could point it out.

When I try to drag the Evox Mechassault save into the ActionReplay window screen, I only get an error message stating that it is "Not a valid xbox save".

I extracted the MechassaultwithEvox file to a folder and noticed the directory structure is like this:

What am I missing here? Do I need to edit an additional file, or is it something with PAR? Thanks in advance.

I found out what I was doing wrong. I had an extra directory before the UDATA folder. Doh.

i dont see your directory structure.. but it should be like this

in the MechAssaul_MechWarrio.zip file

there should be a UDATA directory
in that there should be a 4d530017 there should be NO OTHER DIRECTORIES THAN THIS FOLDER
in that there should be a 62d648ebf155 folder again NO OTHER DIRECTORIES
in that is where the files boot.cfg default.xbe... and all of the other files are located with the exception of the skin folder which holds a skin or evox.. thats it..

par archives serve no other purpose here...  other than if the zip/rar file that you got the mechassault hack from is corrupted
Pages: 1 [2]