xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Unmodded Xbox In A Clock Loop  (Read 67 times)

XboxGamer355

• Archived User
Unmodded Xbox In A Clock Loop
« on: May 21, 2006, 03:47:00 PM »

I have an Xbox that wouldn't load the dashboard but could play games fine. When I tried loading up the Xbox without a game, I would get various error codes, such as 7,9, 14, and 21. As I looked into what each error code meant, I decided to open up my Xbox because my warranty is already expired. I have a problematic Xbox, it is was fine at first then after a while of playing my dvd drive was starting it act up. So one day i was bored so i decided to shake mildly to see if it would solve my problem and it worked for a little while then the problem got worse so i dropped it on the floor. then of after of doing that one day i got customer service screen with 21 on the corner and after that i got other error codes which were nine and fourteen but i could still play games fine. but i wanted to softmod my xbox so that would require me using the dashboard to copy the save game to the xbox. so i banged a few more times it lead to that customer service screen with error code 7. so i decided to open up my xbox to see if i could fix my problem. when i opened my xbox i found that the Hard Drive's ribbon cable was unplugged so i plugged it back in to place. excitedly thinking i fixed my problem i went to plug it in after a few hours of being unplugged when i got to turn it on the xbox goes to xbox screen and then Resets, i looked up the syptoms on the internet and found it is a clock loop error. i saw solutions to these problems but they were for modded Xboxes. not to sound cheap or anything but i cannot afford a mod chip. so i was wondering if you guys had any suggestions please reply ASAP.

manatarms25

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 04:44:00 PM »

You might try the xbox forum and not the 360 one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

XboxGamer355

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 02:44:00 PM »

I thought this forum was for both xbox and xbox 360. Well can anyone help me anyways?

Alex548

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 03:36:00 PM »

It's not a clock loop. Your hard drive is dead.
I guess you couldn't figure that out despite all the numerous error codes pointing to hdd and/or dashboard file errors.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

... and if you're beating your xbox hard enough to knock the IDE cable out of the hdd, you can definitely bet it's not fixable.

This post has been edited by Alex548: May 23 2006, 10:36 PM

XboxGamer355

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 05:48:00 PM »

I thought it was the dashboard because  I used to play games on it when I was getting error codes.

vestri_matris

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 06:52:00 PM »

im suurprised ur xbox even plays games still if u hit it hard enought o nock out the IDE cable i mean damn

CattyKid

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 07:52:00 PM »

So one day i was bored so i decided to shake mildly to see if it would solve my problem and it worked for a little while then the problem got worse so i dropped it on the floor.

Did you... type that correctly?

Alex548

• Recovered User
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 07:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(XboxGamer355 @ May 23 2006, 04:48 PM) *

I thought it was the dashboard because  I used to play games on it when I was getting error codes.

The hard drive isn't functioning properly that's why it's giving random error codes.
It may work for a while, but it'll eventually spit another error code out because it's failing.
It's not completely dead yet, but it's definitely failing (especially after you beat the crap out of the box).

Wolves

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 08:30:00 PM »

He isn't too smart, is he?

mod_me

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2006, 11:58:00 PM »

you tryied smacking and dropping it. have you tryied yelling at it?

nice trouble shooting

This post has been edited by mod_me: May 24 2006, 06:59 AM

crackfeen

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 06:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(mod_me @ May 24 2006, 01:58 AM) *

you tryied smacking and dropping it. have you tryied yelling at it?

nice trouble shooting

hey shut up yelling at stuff is a great way to trouble shoot (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) my computer definately knows this technique.. it doesn't do anything wrong anymore out of sheer fear  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)