xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I Got A Lil Problem  (Read 84 times)

dearthpika

• Archived User
I Got A Lil Problem
« on: December 15, 2005, 05:09:00 PM »

hey
my buddy gave me his old xbox in piece (literally)
and said that it wont work, because someone took his mod chip.
i put it back together and get the animation and sound but while its loading
the LED's on the front blink red and green
and than it switches screens to the need serivce crap and doesnt do anything

does anyone know wats wrong?
and how to fix it?

cyanide_koolaid

• Archived User
I Got A Lil Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 05:15:00 PM »

Buy a chip...

duh.

dearthpika

• Archived User
I Got A Lil Problem
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 05:34:00 PM »

im trying to make it back into an original Xbox.. modless

psboo

• Archived User
I Got A Lil Problem
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 06:55:00 PM »

im haveing the sam problem it goes to a black screen with need service thing and a bunch of chinas stuff.  my friend retored mine to factory qwuality on the unleashe dash bored and it erased every thing

i dont think it has a dash bored that is my problem but i dont know how to put one on it i thought maybe some kind of installer disk i could burn to a dvd

ndsbass

• Archived User
I Got A Lil Problem
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005, 07:27:00 PM »

get the number in the right left hand corner, go online, search xbox error codes, look up your number, it tells you what the problem is

nvrm i found one for you. if your error code is not explained do a google search cause there may more updated ones http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/errorcodes.php

This post has been edited by ndsbass: Dec 16 2005, 03:31 AM

psboo

• Archived User
I Got A Lil Problem
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 08:35:00 PM »

if it is like what my problem is it is not a error it is that it erased every thing on the xbox includeing the original stuff the xbox needs to run.   i need some way to put the orignial back on there like how MS did

FSG

• Archived User
I Got A Lil Problem
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 08:42:00 PM »

Dude do what the guy says start your xbox and tell us the error code in the top left corner thats the only way we can help.

dearthpika

• Archived User
I Got A Lil Problem
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2005, 08:47:00 PM »

a yea...
mine doesnt give me a code :x

now what lol

crackfeen

• Archived User
I Got A Lil Problem
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2005, 08:28:00 AM »

if you want the system to end up being unmodded.. you're gonna have to get it working by either getting a chip or if you can... softmod (if you can coldboot one of the swell game exploit games) and then restoring the drive to its original configuration assuming that it was backed up... you might as well just get a chip and keep it modded

FSG

• Archived User
I Got A Lil Problem
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2005, 10:29:00 AM »

Theyre has actually been a few people now using certain DVD's that restore the xboxes files I dont have the name right now as it was a few days ago when I saw it but do a search.

RLLMoFP

• Archived User
I Got A Lil Problem
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2005, 10:57:00 AM »

In order to restore your Xbox to an unmodified state, you will need to be able to lock the hard drive. To lock the drive you will need the eeprom data from the motherboard, which can only be derived while the box is in a modded and functional state. If the original hard drive is still installed it is possible the needed data is somewhere on the disc, you will need to be able to run unsigned code (that DVD you mentioned) to access that data (IE: a moddified Xbox) via FTP. In the case of a missing mod chip, you will not be able to run unsigned code and as such can't restore the drive.

Your best bet is to purchase another mod chip (chances are the header and needed wires are still there) and pop it in. The DuoX2 chip runs about $15 and works great. You'll need to read up on how to flash the mod chip bios, but it's all here in one easy location.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by RLLMoFP: Dec 16 2005, 06:57 PM

dearthpika

• Archived User
I Got A Lil Problem
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2005, 04:27:00 PM »

any other ideas?

ndsbass

• Archived User
I Got A Lil Problem
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2005, 04:39:00 PM »

ok first off what EXACTLY does your xbox do when you turn it on? i.e. flashing red and green power button, no video, reboot? if it has the "your xbox needs service" in like 10 different languages then you do have an error code in the upper left hand corner.

i wonder if a hotswap would work...

@fsg ya i saw that too its basically a demo that updates the dash but he has to be able to cold boot xbox games.

try booting your xbox with a game in the dvd drive. if it boots then you could try this. otherwise your prob gonna have to go with a hard mod.