xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xecuter3 Ce Installed, No Idea What To Do Next  (Read 36 times)

mofish

• Archived User
Xecuter3 Ce Installed, No Idea What To Do Next
« on: October 30, 2005, 01:57:00 AM »

Hello everyone,
I just installed a Xecuter3 CE mod chip, followed the tutorial step by step and the xbox turns on and boots to the MS dashboard and everything, so I didn't break it at least.  However, I havent got the slightest clue as to what to do next.  Do I need to flash a bios to it in order to make it work or what?  And if so, how do I do that?

mofish

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 01:17:00 AM »

I just wanted to reiterate that the xbox is booting to the normal MS dashboard, is this normal or did I screw up?

Revolution05

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 01:25:00 AM »

that's normalfor now...try playing backups to confirm that you installedthe modchip directly. After that i wouldrecommend you to downloadSlayer'sevox auto installer andletit install evox dash and all appsfor you.

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 01:25:00 AM »

that's normalfor now...
No it's not. Only if the d0 wasn't connected properly would that be the case.  He should be seeing either the FlashBIOS or X3 Config Live screens...

Have you:

1) Flashed the X3 bios yet? http://www.teamxecuter.com/flashbios/

2) If yes to the above, have you installed a dashboard yet? http://home.comcast.net/~x3guide/Old/Dashb...nstallation.htm

A chip is useless without a hacked bios.

This post has been edited by Xombe: Oct 30 2005, 09:28 AM

mofish

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2005, 02:59:00 AM »

I havent gotten a chance to flash the new bios, it only boots to the MS dashboard instead of the flashbios screen.
However,
I messed with some of the solder points on the shoulders, I think the top one wasnt connected properly.  Now when I turn it on, it spins, turns off, spins, turns off, spins, and then it flashes red/green on the eject button.  could this be due to a bad solder point on the pins or the shoulders?

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2005, 05:52:00 AM »

3x on/off then red-green flashing is called a Xmas tree frag.

It means that your d0 is doing it's job, but the LPC area points aren't soldered properly.  

If the d0 was bad, the chip would never try and turn on, thus it would appear to not even be present. Since it's working, but the box is fragging, the LPC area is most likely to blame.

Not sure what you're referring to by "shoulders" though. Is this a soldered or solder-less install? On what version Xbox?